Extra ticketed events

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
My plans are all made, but I'm a little perturbed about MK. From advice on the boards I chose two days for MK that have the MVMCP. The idea being that people who are going to the party won't want to waste a park day in MK since they've purchased tickets for the party. So I decided this, and made my fast passes for as early in the day as possible to try to be out before the MVMCP guests start to arrive. Then they added a ticketed event in the morning Early Morning Magic. The park will be a madhouse. It's too late to change now, I wouldn't be able to get fastpasses for the other parks. I wish Disney would announce all of their plans early enough so that you can actually make informed decisions.

Just a little rant. Thanks.

My plans are all made, but I'm a little perturbed about MK. From advice on the boards I chose two days for MK that have the MVMCP. The idea being that people who are going to the party won't want to waste a park day in MK since they've purchased tickets for the party. So I decided this, and made my fast passes for as early in the day as possible to try to be out before the MVMCP guests start to arrive. Then they added a ticketed event in the morning Early Morning Magic. The park will be a madhouse. It's too late to change now, I wouldn't be able to get fastpasses for the other parks. I wish Disney would announce all of their plans early enough so that you can actually make informed decisions.

EMM only adds a couple hundred guests in the hour before regular park opening. It’s a small number because it’s only 3 rides in Fantasyland that are open.

As others above said, it's not going to make MK a madhouse. You still made the right choice!

Not sure when your trip is but for 12/2 and beyond (whose dates were announced 9/26) MK EMM will have an expanded format to include a few other Fantasyland rides. With it will presumably bring a larger guest count as well. BUT - it is still going to be in the hundreds of people - too small a count to have any practical impact on the MK experience.

Enjoy your party day in the MK - they are often great days to visit crowd-wise.

Or they won't be a madhouse.
BTW I personally wouldn't go to MK on a party day if you're not going to the party as well.
Rather have the longer hours.

What makes you think it will be a madhouse? Based on previous experiences I have never heard that it has made MK a madhouse. It's only a couple hundred tickets sold. While I do agree that it is annoying how Disney changes and adds things last minute, this isn't one that will cause any planning snafus.

OP doesn't seem happy that they took the advice of the rest of us though.
OP has some concerns, but won't have a verdict until after her trip. There's no guarantee it will be a low crowd day. But the odds of a low crowd day are greatly enhanced on party days precisely because people prefer the longer hour days.

OP doesn't seem happy that they took the advice of the rest of us though.
I know there are really no low crowd days any more, I just don't like going when it is extra crowded.

I thought EMM was bigger than you guys are describing. Seems like a lot to pay for a few rides in Fantasyland. I guess it makes sense for some though.

I know there are really no low crowd days any more, I just don't like going when it is extra crowded.

I thought EMM was bigger than you guys are describing. Seems like a lot to pay for a few rides in Fantasyland. I guess it makes sense for some though.

It's rides plus a breakfast buffet. It was worth it for my family, but everyone is different. For not much more than a character meal we got a good hour of riding in without waits.

I used to feel the same way until we tried it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Grandkids loved it and bonus of a breakfast buffet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter