Extra Touches for my Mega Disney Moon!

Rbrocky

Earning My Ears
A big hello from the UK,

Thanks for clicking to check out my post. I’m not sure if this is the correct board for this or not, so mods, feel free to move if you feel necessary.

First post on here, and hope you’ll can help me out! My partner and I have been engaged for a couple of years and now are finally getting married at he start of October (I know).

The day after our wedding, we have a bit of a monster Disney Moon:

- Flying to Aulani for a week (Via a stop at LAX, where we may go to DL for the evening).

- Then moving to Coranado springs for a week

- followed by a week at Beach Club

- finishing with a week on DCL

I’ve left this post late! I have just come up with the idea. I think it would be amazing if I could arrange, for something (could be small, or unique or what ever) to be at the check in locations for each of the various stops on our stay.

In the past, for our engagement, I interacted with an amazing cast member who managed to put the most amazing event on for my partner and I. We arranged a private area in the Living Seas Salon, with a personal and private session with Donald Duck (Our Favourite), this was finished off with champagne strawberries, photography etc. Which was amazing! Since then, the cast member has helped me out with some gifts to my partner, that she has helped make a little more unique, like a vintage 1941 Donald Duck autobiography, completed with a personal note from Donald in the front. This was then left in our room for arrival. Sadly she has since left the Walt Disney Company, so that’s why I am asking for some ideas from you guys! :)

I know I want to do something but I don’t know what?!

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals.

url=https://flic.kr/p/28rmjTb]
42950068080_ee1f990324_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Ryan Brock, on Flickr

Last edited:
:welcome: to DIS @Rbrocky and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Moving you to the Resorts board where you can be assisted regarding check-in events.

For events and scheduling special character meets, here’s the Event Group info:
DISNEY EVENT GROUP
1503 Live Oak Lane, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: 407.828.3200

:welcome: to DIS @Rbrocky and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Moving you to the Resorts board where you can be assisted regarding check-in events.

For events and scheduling special character meets, here’s the Event Group info:
DISNEY EVENT GROUP
1503 Live Oak Lane, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: 407.828.3200

I was mostly just after a gift ideas or something unique like that to be honest. Maybe something unique. Not necesserily an event.

Thansk for your help.

The Disney florist can put together all kinds of gifts, gift baskets as well as flowers, room decorations. Or have a special cake made? There is a whole thread about it. It sounds like a trip of a lifetime, i am sure it will be wonderful!

Congrats! And wow, what a honeymoon! I truly hope it's spectacular!

I agree; look online at the Disney website (at the bottom, check floral and gifts). They offer a ton of options, gift baskets, flowers, treats, champagne, wine, cakes, etc. There is also a "cake chatter" thread on the restaurant board here.

I'm going tomorrow with my DH (of 25 years this year!) and we got Sunday brunch next Sunday at the California Grill. Not sure if you're into brunch or already have all your dining planned, but it sounds like a nice relaxing time.

An Illuminations cruise may be fun too. We did one years ago with our kids on Breathless (on New Years Eve), but Breathless isn't an option any longer.

There are also fireworks cruises on some kind of yacht I believe. Not sure details, but it's on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Okay I know you're more looking for gifts, so sorry! Check out the floral and gifts! Some items are really cute!

Enjoy Aulani! I lived on Oahu for 3 years a while back, and we go at least every other year now (from the East Coast of the US). We own at the Marriott right nearby.

I think it would be amazing if I could arrange, for something (could be small, or unique or what ever) to be at the check in locations for each of the various stops on our stay.

I can't help with Aulani -- maybe check the website and see if there is a vendor who delivers to that resort.

For the WDW stay(s) -- as others have suggested, Disney Floral is a good option. They can deliver directly to your room, however it will not be there until after you have checked in. They may be able to leave something with the front desk for check-in, you can ask.

For DCL -- you'll need to order via the In-Room Gifts and Amenities part of the DCL website. DCL does not allow deliveries from any other vendors.

Best wishes to you and your partner! Enjoy your vacation!

The concierge/guest services at Aulani should be able to assist you with any special touches that you are thinking of (or even something you're not even imagining!). The Four Seasons is right beside Aulani I believe, and that might be a neat place to go, and I have some friends that stayed at the FS and went to another hotel on the cove there and had an outdoor couples' massage.

The Disney Event Group isn't just to put on "events" as you say, but they do anything like your Donald Meet and Greet or something out of the ordinary that doesn't happen all the time. If you are just looking for gift ideas to place in the room, Disney Floral and Gifts has a TON of options, but if you don't see what you have in mind, I would give them a call and see what other options they could come up with.

I just had to comment on your itinerary..... holy smokes that’s amazing! I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of anyone doing that before. Have a wonderful vacation and an early congratulations to you both!

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Our reservations are pretty much locked down and sorted, so sadly that is out of the prospect.

I might call the events team, these are the guys that helped make our day before.

If anyone can think of anything small, that will always be a big help! :)

This is a biggie, and it happened almost 20 years ago, but I knew someone who arranged for private dining on the monorail. They had their own car, it was based at (i think) the Grand Floridian, and seriously servers would enter the car with new courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!