Extra tours

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
has anyone done any of the extra tours/animal encounters at Seaworld? Which was your favourite and why?

Hi have done the behind the scenes tour a few years ago was good got to hold a baby penguin at end of tou, Dolphin nursery tour was good as well and educational, did penguin tour last year that was another good tour the group sizes aren't big and the guides are pretty good and knowledgeable for all the tours we have done over the years my favourite was the guided tour FOTL access to the rides plus behind the scenes as well, but to be honest as I said you cant go wromg with any tour as they do it in small groups and with enthusiastic guides

I have done killer whales up-close (by far my favorite! I've done it 17 times so far), both dolphins up-close and dolphin encounter, sea lions up-close, and the new Animal Ambassadors tour (I've also done Wild Arctic tour. but right now it's just with the walruses, and not the belugas)

I have done killer whales up-close (by far my favorite! I've done it 17 times so far), both dolphins up-close and dolphin encounter, sea lions up-close, and the new Animal Ambassadors tour (I've also done Wild Arctic tour. but right now it's just with the walruses, and not the belugas)
Which would you say was better of the dolphin encounter and dolphins up-close tour?

Which would you say was better of the dolphin encounter and dolphins up-close tour?

It's pretty much the same thing, with exception of length (so for that reason, I like the up-close tour better)

We have done the Dolphins Up Close tour, the Dolphin Encounter, the Behind the Scenes tour, the Wild Arctic tour (which, at the time, also featured harbor seals and beluga whales in addition to the walrus but is now walrus-only), and the VIP Tour.

The best-bang-for-our-buck tour was probably the Behind the Scenes. It is only $20 for a full hour tour where you get to touch a shark and pet a penguin, which is an incredible value IMHO.

Interacting with the dolphins is unbelievably fun (they are such expressive animals!!) so the Dolphins Up Close tour is also one I highly recommend. Photographers capture photos of your interaction which you can purchase after your session, which make for some very special souvenirs.

Does anyone know if you get the photokey do they take more than one photo of you on the tours like the behind the scenes tour and the 15 minute dolphin tour? We wouldn’t go on the rides it includes so that is probably the only thing we’d use it for. Trying to decide between that and the package where you’d get a plush and one photo

Where/when do you sign up for these extra tours?

Edit to add: I found the spot on the Sea World website!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you get the photokey do they take more than one photo of you on the tours like the behind the scenes tour and the 15 minute dolphin tour? We wouldn’t go on the rides it includes so that is probably the only thing we’d use it for. Trying to decide between that and the package where you’d get a plush and one photo

For the dolphin encounter, I usually average around 10-15 pictures (of course- it depends on how many people are in the group). But I love my PhotoKey! It definitely has paid for itself many times over since I got it last Oct

For the dolphin encounter, I usually average around 10-15 pictures (of course- it depends on how many people are in the group). But I love my PhotoKey! It definitely has paid for itself many times over since I got it last Oct
Can you buy the photokey there if they've taken alot of photos. I'm planning on booking two tours and the photokey but it's quite expensive if we don't get alot of photos on the tours because we won't go on the rides it covers (one of our party is over 70 so not into the thrill rides) so the only other thing we would use it for is if we saw characters

Can you buy the photokey there if they've taken alot of photos. I'm planning on booking two tours and the photokey but it's quite expensive if we don't get alot of photos on the tours because we won't go on the rides it covers (one of our party is over 70 so not into the thrill rides) so the only other thing we would use it for is if we saw characters

Yes. You can buy the PhotoKey the day of

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!