Extremely last minute planning help needed

wrongwayfeldman

Earning My Ears
Because of covid-19, my daughter and I are cancelling a trip to Paris. Since we have an unexpected week off for spring break now, we thought we'd sneak away to Orlando with my 14 year old son for a day or 2 at Galaxy's Edge. He is thrilled, but we do only have the budget and time for two days max. We'll be spending part of the week visiting friends, so squeezing any time at all is tight, but if we don't take advantage of this time, it'll be at least another year.
Our travel dates are one or two days during the week of March 22-27. Is this doable? He really wants to build a droid, and surround himself with as much of Star Wars as is humanly possible. My daughter and I are game for anything, so it's all him. He says he doesn't need a light sabre, but the droid is a must. Our friends live in Tampa, which is where we'll fly into, but other friends are in Orlando and we'll visit them for a day, so we'll need at least one night in Orlando. Is it worth is to stay on sight even only for one day? I don't even know where to start, knowing I have absolutely no time at all to plan this correctly. Any insight you can give me will be so appreciated!!

Hello! I am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip to Paris. It is better to be same than sorry! I think One day is perfect to spend in Galaxy's Edge. Two is even better! You really only need one day really. Building a droid was SO fun! To make sure you get in, you have to signup before you go. Here is the website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/droid-depot/
I recommend doing it later in the day because the droid is super heavy. But make sure to test run it! The droid you built can interact with objects around batuu plus other droids people built. It is so cool! If you want to ride Rise of Resistance, make sure you get to the park early so you can get a boarding pass. It is a lot easier to stay in a hotel the night before so you do not have to travel and wake up even earlier in the morning.
Make sure you all try the Blue and Green milk! My favorite is the Blue. Another thing you HAVE to do is ride Smugglers run. You do not need a boarding pass for this ride. You can get a FastPass if you are lucky. That ride is so much fun!
If you want to eat something is Batuu, I recommend Ronto Roasters. I got the Endorian Chicken Wrap. Here is a blog post about it: https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=784
I hope you have an amazing time! Let me know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!