Families Sharing Tickets

ChrisEdgington

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Our family (me, wife, twin boys) are going to Disney for the first time next week. We were given hotel rooms, so we already have a place to stay. We've been doing lots of research on tickets, etc. My question is this ... my sister and her family are going in December. We're going for 3 days, and so is she. What is the policy on sharing a ticket with family members? We're thinking of buying 6-day park hoppers, we'll use 3 days then they'll use the other 3 days. Does Disney verify owners names or anything like that?

Thanks,
-Chris

Technically, it's against WDW policy. Tickets are not transferable from person to person. Partically however, there's no enforcement mechanism. There's no names on the tickets or any other way to link standard park hopper tickets to a particular person. We "violate" the policy every time we enter the parks. I keep all the tickets for our family safe in my fanny pack and I don't write names on them. So each kid gets the ticket that's on the top of the stack when we're in line at the turnstiles and I doubt it's same ticket twice in a row.

Well, my sister called the Disney ticket line, 'cause she's worried it won't work. They told her it plain won't work, 'cause the fingerprint you to match you to your ticket. Is that just a line they're using to keep people from buying/selling partial tickets?

-Chris

Originally posted by ChrisEdgington
Well, my sister called the Disney ticket line, 'cause she's worried it won't work. They told her it plain won't work, 'cause the fingerprint you to match you to your ticket. Is that just a line they're using to keep people from buying/selling partial tickets?

-Chris

Fingerprint is for the Annual Passes only NOT the regular park hopper passes.

It is against WDW policy but they do not enforce it. Currently there is no way for them to know what you are doing.

My sister's children are grown and she feels she is never going to WDW again. We go every year. She gave me her passes from 2000 that each have one day left on them. I feel NO gulit using them as they would just go to waste otherwise.

I would NOT use them, though, if they had a way to varify who uses which pass like they do for Annual Passes.

And I do not reuse refillable mugs, I do not sneak in my 3 year old and pass her off as a 2 year old, I do not park at the Contemporary and walk to MK, and I do not try to fit 5 to a room in a DVC resort. I do not steal. I just don't consider this one stealing.

This can be a VERY heated topic for those who follow all rules and think you are stealing so just be forwarned.;)

The only finger scanning I've heard of is with the Annual Passes. I know the passes say "non-transferrable", but I've personally used days that were remaining on my Aunt's park hopper...(and no, I don't believe that my soul is in mortal jeopardy for doing so :D )

I'm hoping the person at Disney just misunderstood your question rather than deliberately lied to you. They do not fingerprint for any of the park hopper tickets. Unless you have an annual pass or are taking advantage of some special ticket offer (like Florida resident passes) they do not use any form of identification.

I've done the exact same thing with family members from time to time. We have Disney tickets that the family uses - there are no names on them and we don't keep track of who actually uses them day to day.

The Disney people I've spoken to about this don't even consider this to be against the rules of the tickets if they're being used by the same family and the tickets are not resold.

It really is not even a fingerprint. It is a "measurement" of specific points on the 2 fingers you put in the scanner.

Dittos.... WDW only "fingerprints" Annual Passes and other special longer duration tickets. Also, they're not "fingerprints"... it's a biometric reading that measures the length of your index and middle fingers. It' not a unique identifier, but it provides a reasonable assurance that people aren't passing around APs.

Thanks for the responses. The truth is, we're not trying to get around anything ... we just want to get the right thing without paying for more than we need. If they'd offer a 3-day park hopper we'd just get that.

Thanks,
-Chris

Originally posted by ChrisEdgington
Thanks for the responses. The truth is, we're not trying to get around anything ... we just want to get the right thing without paying for more than we need. If they'd offer a 3-day park hopper we'd just gethat.

Thanks,
-Chris

3-day Park Hoppers are occasionally available from third party ticket dealers, but they cannot be advertised on-line. Try calling someone like Ticketmania and find out if they have any in stock. If memory serves, the price typically runs about $170 adult for a 3-day PHP with one Plus option, including tax. Ticketmania does not charge for shipping.

Alamo Rent A Car also sells 3 day hoppers. Go to their web site and click on the "Hot Deals" button and look for the Disney ticket link.

Weird .... I'd read on MouseSavers about the possibility of 3-day PHP from Alamo, so I called the number last week and the guy who I spoke to said there's no such think as a 3-day. So, seeing your message today, I called again and the lady I spoke to definitely gave me pricing on 3-day PHP - $169.35 for adults, $135.27 for kids.

Thanks,
-Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter