Family moved disney reservation from april 2020 to april 2021 lost discount price went way up

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello a family member of mine moved their reservation for april 17th2020 to april 17 2021, it is room only due to disney closing parks. They have two room only reservations and lost their discounts the price for each room went way up. I thought disney would move their reservation same price to new dates because of this crisis, my family member could have cancelled outright but decided to move the res to a year ahead. What is happening to others who have to move their reservation forward? I said they should have asked for a supervisor.

Ok, I thought because of the circumstances and disney closed the resort/parks they would just move the reservation ahead same cost.

Deb.

Was hoping for a kind gesture in light of what has happened with this virus.

That would be nice of them but they are in it for the money as you know and a year out would be business as usual they are thinking. I agree they should only try to salvage this year as much as they can and get back to business next. That said if they did offer a discount a year ahead I am thinking everyone would jump on it and bag this year.

Was hoping for a kind gesture in light of what has happened with this virus.

The thing is, it isn’t just your family members that are effected. There are tens or hundreds of thousands of families cancelling or changing vacations to Disney parks worldwide. Even Disney isn’t in a position to offer discounts to that number of customers. They are offering a new free dining discount to guest who needed to cancel right now. Maybe your family members could take advantage of that.

I'm not at all surprised. We are moving our trip one full year ahead, and I expect everything to cost more, the resort, the flights, and the private car service to and from the airport. The upcharge will be paid for by the stimulus check we get from the government.

For us, we just can't risk our health in order to save money. It is what it is.

The discounts next Spring will be better than the ones offered this year. Just keep checking the website. They usually drop the first week of January.

Hello a family member of mine moved their reservation for april 17th2020 to april 17 2021, it is room only due to disney closing parks. They have two room only reservations and lost their discounts the price for each room went way up. I thought disney would move their reservation same price to new dates because of this crisis, my family member could have cancelled outright but decided to move the res to a year ahead. What is happening to others who have to move their reservation forward? I said they should have asked for a supervisor.

As others have said, just keep an eye out for any discounts that are released for their new vacation time period. Once they are released, they can call WDW (or their TA) to see if they can apply the discount to their existing reservation or ask what might be available in the discount inventory that would interest them. They have released a "recovery" promo for people who had to cancel, but that only runs until Sept. 30.

We had to move our trip from the end of May to the end of September 2020. I was bummed that we were losing out on the 30% off the rooms that we had with my Mom's pin code. Those codes cannot be transferred to later bookings, especially because I do not think that Disney has a way to put them in their system. For us, my TA did mention that if my Mom got a pin code once, she will probably get another.

I'm sure next April will have discounts that you can later apply. Hang in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter