Fannypack or mini backpack

Next year will be the first time we don't need a stroller, which is always handy to dump all our belongings on (except valuables of course), so I'm looking for a nice bag too. I'm tempted to buy a Disney themed bag, and I'm veering towards a backpack, for the February trip but it'll make my back will sweat dreadfully during our August trip. I may have to go for an across-the-body bag instead.

Just realised that's not answered your question! Sorry
We took our umbrella stroller for years after my son was "done" it was a stroller for the backpack till he was 8 lol...

I prefer the drawstring backpacks.. because they can hold something bigger if you so choose to.
We have one with a zipper pouch in front that we put important things. The back one usually holds water bottles sometimes popcorn etc.

I just purchased a fanny pack (or bum bag as we call them in the UK!) which converts into a backpack - it was actually in the kids section from Burberry (I got it on sale!) but it can be used as a very lightweight backpack or folded down into a waist bag. On my last trip I used a big tote bag which hurt my shoulder after a while - I'm hoping next time to use my new Burberry one so I can switch between styles depending on whether I need to bring lots of things or only one or two bits. It was expensive, of course, but I have already been wearing it as a good hands-free bag for when I go to the supermarket.

I bring the same stuff to the parks if I am on-site or off-site. If off-site - extra "might needs" are in the car, while when on-site, those things might be at my resort or put in a locker.

I've used ALL types of methods of carry - cargo shorts, fanny bag, cross-body bag, lightweight string backpack, school book size backpack. And I bring all as options to carry each trip depending on the plan of the day and the weather forecast. VERY key is the weight of the bag, too. I think the Loungefly backpacks, for example, are WAY too heavy of bag - especially for the amount of stuff they can hold. They are sure cute - but ridiculous heavy, IMO.

Here's how I think about this:

1) Arrival day - likely my cross-body bag because that is my normal purse that I need for flying to WDW that day. I typically drop my backpack at the resort which likely held my cross-body bag during my flight.
2) Weather is going to range from 60 degrees to 80 degrees to 50 degrees in one day - full size backpack that I most like put in a locker (except for EPCOT) so that I can change clothes for the appropriate temp during the day.
3) Hot day, no threat of rain - cargo shorts or fanny pack depending on how long of a day I am planning.
4) A day I expect to buy a small souvenir and I don't want to/can't wait for package pick-up or resort delivery - string backpack.
5) Headed to DS for some reason and a park that day - cross-body bag or string backpack.
6) I'm exhausted day and my back hurts - fanny pack or cargo shorts because my other bags are heavier.
7) Hot day, I'm sick of "the FL water taste" or "paying for water" day, string backpack so I can start my day with three bottles of water!

It's about the weather, what I need/want to carry that day, and well, my mood.

Has anyone used the sling bags and if so which do you find to be the best water repellent/waterproof and reversible strap bag? I usually use my Vera Bradley hipster or small/medium Kipling backpack. Any input is greatly appreciated.
:)

Has anyone used the sling bags and if so which do you find to be the best water repellent/waterproof and reversible strap bag? I usually use my Vera Bradley hipster or small/medium Kipling backpack. Any input is greatly appreciated.
:)
I just used a Kavu sling bag - I have the Rope Sling, which is made of nylon, water-resistant material. I can tell you that it survived me getting the brunt of Kali River Rapids and nothing inside got wet! *I* was soaked, but the bag wasn't at all. I would definitely recommend it. I carried a 22 oz water bottle, a zippered bag with my battery pack, lip balm, extra masks and wet wipes, and our little Disney snack fans in one zippered compartment; the other compartment held a small umbrella, a ziploc of ibuprofen, and our reusable silicone straws in their cases.

I’m a fan of all options! But if it’s a
Long park day, I’m more of a fanny pack girl now. My shoulders get sore with a backpack all day. I save my mini backpack for disney Springs or resort hopping, dining, that kind of thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter