Fanstasmic! DP Which one? MM or BD???

andrabell

Property of Walt Disney (BPAL RULES) !PATA PATA!
Hey all,
I have to book Fantasmic!DP tomorrow and I can't decide which one.

Brown Derby or Mama Melrose

We are two adults, no kids and this is my DH first time at The World.

Thanks for all your help!

---Andra
Cobb Salad or Flatbread...I can't decide!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

1st let me say I have never eaten at Mama's. But BD is my & DH must do & we are doing lunch & dinner this oct. Love the Cobb salad & the grapefruit cake. It is a beautiful place & very calming.

So that is my total one-sided thought.:D

Kae

Thanks Kae!
I'm looking for everyone's point of view on both restaurants. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Anyone else...come on you all have opinions don't you?

---Andra
I have lots of opinions and DH wishes he had a mute button!

I really like the Brown Derby--we've gone there both times and really enjoyed the food.

I did the fantasmic! package last trip but got rained out...but everyone liked the meal, so that was some comfort. It is a lot of food though, and does take some time to get served the 3 courses so a little planning was in order to avoid being too full or rushed...

I booked MM--BUT I have 2 young kids. For the price difference I'd book BD--better quality and probably more romantic--also less fun with kids (can always do later with them). It's not that I don't think MM is good--I'm sure it is, but the menu at BD looks exceptional and you can get good italian food anywhere.

In all honesty --= I have never eaten at BD (we travel with two little ones, and BD would be LOST on them), but have eaten at MM several times. We have thoroughly enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the servers!

So much depends on the style of cuisine you are seeking.

Have a great time!

Thanks to everyone who helped us decide.
We'll be at The Brown Derby for the FDP on 12/5/03!
Hope to see you there.

---Andra
Hope I get "discovered"!

Great choice!! If I could have posted before you made your decision my vote would have been for BD. I like both restaurants but BD is a little more upscale and since its only adults in your party, I think you will enjoy the atmosphere better. Check out MM for lunch during your stay. You will enjoy eating there too.

All this advice is probably overwhelming, but part of the reason my family and I book WDW every year is to eat at BD! I cannot imagine leaving WDW w/out having the Cobb salad at least twice. I've never eaten at MM, but I've stepped inside and it smells wonderful. Maybe we'll eat there as well this trip, as I love Italian food. Why not eat at both places? (At lunchtime if possible, it's less expensive.) If not, flip a coin (LOL!) It's tough to decide when there are so many good places there to dine!

I think Brown Derby is a great choice! Mama Melrose is fine too, but the atmosphere and food at Brown Derby is better for adults, IMHO.

I haven't been to MM but I have eaten at BD for the FDP and I thought it was great! We were seated promptly, the food was so delicious and our waiter was great :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter