Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Awesome, I'll try calling in my reservation as early as possible and see if I can get them to give me an idea of getting a table by the railing

Thank you!
River Belle Terrace: Everyone wants a table by the railing. Prior to the refurb RBT pre-assigned the tables and it seemed based on the appropriate table size for the size of the party and not on when you make the reservation.

Dining package viewing area: Guests on wheelchairs and ECVs were at the back of the seating area. We didn't see anyone standing during the show, but I imagine you would be able to stand in the back behind all the seated guests.

River Belle Terrace: Everyone wants a table by the railing. Prior to the refurb RBT pre-assigned the tables and it seemed based on the appropriate table size for the size of the party and not on when you make the reservation.

Do you remember if it's mostly tables of 2 by the rail? Or 4? Or is it a mix of party sizes?

We showed up at 7pm which of course is waaayyyyy too early but my son wanted the railing. We just hung near the entrance point at Harbor Galley and the CM let my son pretty much line up straight away there even though you're not supposed to. If you don't want front then I would have thought 8pm or even later would be ok?

FWIW: I think there is only value in the package if you are using it for the first show. Unless of course you really want to eat there anyway - you do get the seat cushion so that is a nice perk / souvenir however.
On the Sunday night I went to watch Fantasmic again - I got a FP for the 2nd show. My son went off and did rides as he wasn't interested. I watched the fireworks in front of the castle - I was a little too far over on the Frontierland side, a tree blocked my fireworks view but I had a clear view of the castle. I had positioned myself so I could leg it straight over to the Mark Twain dock afterwards but I could easily have gone more centre and it wouldn't have made much difference.
As soon as the fireworks finished I walked swiftly over to the dock - the holding area for FP. I was in the front side of the dock queue behind quite a large group of people - in the next 15-20mins a massive group of people formed behind me, filled in the whole dock area which is quite large.
We were then let in and walked down to the FP area. I was 3rd row back on the edge (LHS) of the 'sitting' FP area. I was only 2m away from the dining section and maybe 5-10m away from where we sat the night before for our BB pkg.
For that 2nd show they do combine all the dining packages in the one area which is what I saw - some had cushions and some didn't.
So.... on the second night for the second showing of Fantasmic at 10.30pm with a free FP I had virtually the same view that I had got the night before with our BB package.

I don't regret the BB - we had a really nice meal and I think if you are doing 1st show I personally wouldn't do it any other way but it's just worth noting that I got virtually the exact same view the next night (for 2nd show).

So that first time you saw F! did you watch the fireworks from your viewing spot? What was the view like?

Looks like Blue Bayou package prices were raised, not sure exactly when but it was pointed out to me today. Blue Bayou is now $69 for adults, and $29 for children. I don't remember exactly how much these prices were before, but River Belle Terrace & Cafe Orleans are posted at $45 adults/$25 children. Hungry Bear remains unaffected by these changes and remains at $30/$20.

Blue Bayou was $65/adult when I went in late August, so it's gone up by $4. The prices for CO/RBT and HB are the same from when the packages were first announced; I wonder if that means a price increase for them is likely some time before or during the Holiday season.

Hello, DISers: I am really torn about which night to pick for our F! dining package, and whether we should pick BB or RBT. I've been through this thread over and over, and I am back and forth. We are there December 19-23, and I want to reserve F! dining package, a WoC dessert package, and a night at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge. Any advice about which to do Tue-Fri?

The food at RBT looks unimpressive, honestly, but DH hates sitting on the ground so paying to have the option to sit in chairs and eat while we watch is very appealing. We would have a dinner at BB at least once during the trip anyway, though, so it seems wasteful not to just combine the two. Has anyone tried both and landed on a favorite? And I can't get a real read on the BB siting cushions. My rear is not what you would call tiny; is the cushion a decent comfort?
TIA!

Hello, DISers: I am really torn about which night to pick for our F! dining package, and whether we should pick BB or RBT. I've been through this thread over and over, and I am back and forth. We are there December 19-23, and I want to reserve F! dining package, a WoC dessert package, and a night at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge. Any advice about which to do Tue-Fri?

The food at RBT looks unimpressive, honestly, but DH hates sitting on the ground so paying to have the option to sit in chairs and eat while we watch is very appealing. We would have a dinner at BB at least once during the trip anyway, though, so it seems wasteful not to just combine the two. Has anyone tried both and landed on a favorite? And I can't get a real read on the BB siting cushions. My rear is not what you would call tiny; is the cushion a decent comfort?
TIA!

I've managed to do all three options, and Blue Bayou was my favorite out of the three with Hungry Bear being the most convenient. The cushions are decent, you are given the same ones sold in stores throughout the park so it's no longer a unique design. They aren't too soft but do provide a nice alternative to sitting solely on the ground. BB was also my favorite for the sake of eating inside the restaurant and the experience of it all.

In case you'd be willing to change your opinion on the Skyline Lounge, I would recommend doing a Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package, getting tickets for the 9pm show, and watch both Fantasmic and the fireworks from the same spot.

Haven't done tableside RBT but have booked it for our upcoming trip. I have done BB though, and wasn't super impressed. We had been dessert party regulars, so sitting on the ground, with a minimal cushion was less enjoyable. Wasn't helped by the couple in front of us who insisted on filming it all on their ipad..... :eek: So we are looking forward to seats, and it doesn't particularly worry us that the view might not be perfect... as in our case, that can happen in any of the seating sections. Plus you can eat at a reasonable hour (8pm). Some of the BB booking times for first show are very early.
I would recommend booking as close as possible to opening time though. RBT seems to be selling fast. I got a table about 2 hours after dining opened for calls and snagged a table, but think it was the last one that day.
Whichever you choose though it will be fun, and of course, reserved seating of any type is a bonus!:goodvibes

Haven't done tableside RBT but have booked it for our upcoming trip. I have done BB though, and wasn't super impressed. We had been dessert party regulars, so sitting on the ground, with a minimal cushion was less enjoyable. Wasn't helped by the couple in front of us who insisted on filming it all on their ipad..... :eek: So we are looking forward to seats, and it doesn't particularly worry us that the view might not be perfect... as in our case, that can happen in any of the seating sections. Plus you can eat at a reasonable hour (8pm). Some of the BB booking times for first show are very early.
I would recommend booking as close as possible to opening time though. RBT seems to be selling fast. I got a table about 2 hours after dining opened for calls and snagged a table, but think it was the last one that day.
Whichever you choose though it will be fun, and of course, reserved seating of any type is a bonus!:goodvibes

Ugh...that's annoying having an iPad blocking your view. For us, we were front row and I found the rail annoying (RBT dining package). Our kids wanted to sit there though for the reason you are saying...so no one (person) sits in front of you and blocks your view. I found the rail blocking and probably missed out on the show.

At least with RBT tables, you have a normal seat. My issue with sitting on the ground wouldn't have been solved with a seat cushion, as it's my knees and back that get sore sitting cross legged (and feet fall asleep). I had to keep shifting. I managed but a regular seat would have been nice.

Last edited:
So I tried to make my reservation for RBT for Dec 30th for the premium seating but it is not available. Is this one i have to call in for? I remember vaguely someone telling me that.

for fantasmic

So I tried to make my reservation for RBT for Dec 30th for the premium seating but it is not available. Is this one i have to call in for? I remember vaguely someone telling me that.

for fantasmic

Yes, you have to call in and make this reservation. I called at 10AM Eastern time to make mine for 29 DEC and she told me I had just got the last 4 top.

Yes, you have to call in and make this reservation. I called at 10AM Eastern time to make mine for 29 DEC and she told me I had just got the last 4 top.
AAAAAH im going to call right now

EDIT: hoping that my stay at DLH helps me get a reservation

Last edited:
Is making a reservation for the restaurant and making a Fantasmic dining package reservation one in the same for Blue Bayou?

Yes. You make a reservation for the Fantasmic package, which includes dinner and the fast pass etc. Or you can make a Dinner only reservation. On the Disney website the Fantasmic package is listed under dinning and Fantasmic packages. If you want just a dinner reservation, just go to the Blue Bayou page and make it.

Blue Bayou
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/blue-bayou-restaurant/

Fantasmic packages
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Have fun!

-Lane

Yes. You make a reservation for the Fantasmic package, which includes dinner and the fast pass etc. Or you can make a Dinner only reservation. On the Disney website the Fantasmic package is listed under dinning and Fantasmic packages. If you want just a dinner reservation, just go to the Blue Bayou page and make it.

Blue Bayou
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/blue-bayou-restaurant/

Fantasmic packages
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Have fun!

-Lane[/QUOTE

Oh poop! Thanks for the info. Looks like I did it the wrong way. Maybe if I call they can switch my reservation.

I just booked the upgrade option 8pm seating for RBT on Jan. 1 The upgrade option has increased from $15 to $25. I am not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread.
Upgrade to premium 8:00 PM seating for an additional $25 per adult and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) and enjoy your meal as well as the first performance of Fantasmic! from your seat on the outdoor patio. Reservations for the premium 8:00 PM seating can only be made at the restaurant or by calling (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463 between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Does anyone know... if I book a sit-down Fantasmic meal for myself and my 2-year-old, can I order him a regular kids meal from that establishment (not a Fantasmic kids meal since he does not require it to be seated with me for the show)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts