Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
I was able to get the RBT premium dining for Friday Jan 5th. Hope it is worth it - I went back and forth after reading the "not great" reviews of the viewing but, if we are going to see the show this is our only option since we have a 6 year old with some special needs who just would not be able to physically manage to sit on the ground for an extended period of time. I did email Disney after making the dining reservation and ask if it would be possible to get a table where there would be opportunity for him to either get up and stand/walk around or take breaks laying on the floor (his disability is such that he is unable to sit or stand upright for longer than 10 minutes or so). Unfortunately, all they had to suggest was to tell the restaurant when we check in - I suspect by then the table would already have been assigned. Oh well, I'm sure it will be a great experience regardless!

For the later show, they had us line up by restaurant, but once we filed in it was a free for all. It was all very calm and low key. Whoever wanted to be up front, went there. If you wanted to be further back, you went there. It was nice. No drama, no shoving or hysteria. Just calm and filed in and sat down.
If my family and I showed up 30 prior to the 10:30 show do you think we could get seating in the broad middle section? back is ok, just don't want to be way to the right or way to the left. So an HB fastpass could the same seat as a BB or CO fastpass could? Did everyone get to sit down? If one doesn't care about the dining experience sounds like it makes sense to just get HB fastpasses for the 2nd show. Anyone have more recent experiences for the second show?

Is there a good strategy for getting a fastpass for the blue area? Is the blue area the first area distributed? Thanks for the map! I read there are also different areas for the regular fastpass so would those areas be the one in blue and the one marked 5 or are there more regular fastpass sections? Tom Bricker from disneytouristblog wrote this "At Disneyland, my favorite spot for viewing Fantasmic is directly in front of the show control area at the back of the seated area. To give some reference, this is directly in front of Cafe Orleans. The very front of the standing area, directly behind the seated area is also great." I am fairly sure he was talking about a fastpass area not standby because elsewhere in his post he highly recommended a FP. Maybe he didn't update that part of his post though he did update at least parts of it after F! came back this summer.
I've gone ahead and created this map of the current seating positions for all the dining packages, along with some of the regular FP/stand by viewing locations.
f_dining.png

1)Dining Package Entrance/Stand By Viewing Area
2)Hungry Bear Seating Area
3)Blue Bayou Seating Area
4)River Belle Terrace Seating Area
5)Regular FP Area - Only those in the blue box get to remain seated, all others are standing.
6)River Belle Terrace Premium Viewing Package

Hope this can be of assistance with anyone with questions about the area layout. While section #5 on the map may look big, there are trees in the area which limits the amount of people that can fit. All outlines are approximate and not necessarily right up to scale.

I was able to get the RBT premium dining for Friday Jan 5th. Hope it is worth it - I went back and forth after reading the "not great" reviews of the viewing but, if we are going to see the show this is our only option since we have a 6 year old with some special needs who just would not be able to physically manage to sit on the ground for an extended period of time. I did email Disney after making the dining reservation and ask if it would be possible to get a table where there would be opportunity for him to either get up and stand/walk around or take breaks laying on the floor (his disability is such that he is unable to sit or stand upright for longer than 10 minutes or so). Unfortunately, all they had to suggest was to tell the restaurant when we check in - I suspect by then the table would already have been assigned. Oh well, I'm sure it will be a great experience regardless!
I manage a restaurant and I would suggest you or your spouse going to the restaurant an hour to 90 minutes before your reservation to give them a head's up of what you need. That way if they are assigned or not, the host or manager should have a better chance of accommodating your family as well as the need not getting lost between a shift change--it should be fresh in their mind. Good luck!

Is there a good strategy for getting a fastpass for the blue area? Is the blue area the first area distributed? Thanks for the map! I read there are also different areas for the regular fastpass so would those areas be the one in blue and the one marked 5 or are there more regular fastpass sections? Tom Bricker from disneytouristblog wrote this "At Disneyland, my favorite spot for viewing Fantasmic is directly in front of the show control area at the back of the seated area. To give some reference, this is directly in front of Cafe Orleans. The very front of the standing area, directly behind the seated area is also great." I am fairly sure he was talking about a fastpass area not standby because elsewhere in his post he highly recommended a FP. Maybe he didn't update that part of his post though he did update at least parts of it after F! came back this summer.

The only way to guarantee to get into the seated blue area on the map would be to line up by the Mark Twain dock by 7pm for the 9pm show. The area is technically one big FP area, but the first people in get to go into the seated section. Ever since Fantasmic 2.0 debuted, they have done away with the colored fastpass sections and only have one dedicated regular-FP section now. This remaining FP section is what was known before as the yellow viewing section. The green and blue sections have now become stand by viewing areas.

As for the second section you mention, I believe that is now stand by viewing so you don't need an FP. I don't any experience with stand by viewing so I wouldn't be able to tell you what works best, I haven't seen too many other people report experiences with stand by viewing either.

The only way to guarantee to get into the seated blue area on the map would be to line up by the Mark Twain dock by 7pm for the 9pm show. The area is technically one big FP area, but the first people in get to go into the seated section. Ever since Fantasmic 2.0 debuted, they have done away with the colored fastpass sections and only have one dedicated regular-FP section now. This remaining FP section is what was known before as the yellow viewing section. The green and blue sections have now become stand by viewing areas.

As for the second section you mention, I believe that is now stand by viewing so you don't need an FP. I don't any experience with stand by viewing so I wouldn't be able to tell you what works best, I haven't seen too many other people report experiences with stand by viewing either.
That is super helpful! I have been scouring the internet for info on the regular fastpass areas and found next to nothing. Most reports are about the dining packages which I have reservations (one for CO and one for HB) but was thinking of cancelling both and going for the free option.

We are booked at BB for November 26th, 1st show at 9pm so we can watch the fireworks from there afterwards. The dining package areas are still the same with version 2.0, correct? BB still gets front row-center? We've never seen DL's Fantasmic! show and are greatly looking forward to it. We've seen DHS's show twice so are excited about the pirate/Columbia elements of it.

I manage a restaurant and I would suggest you or your spouse going to the restaurant an hour to 90 minutes before your reservation to give them a head's up of what you need. That way if they are assigned or not, the host or manager should have a better chance of accommodating your family as well as the need not getting lost between a shift change--it should be fresh in their mind. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion - we will certainly try this approach but, at the end of the day, we are at DISNEY!!! Whatever happens we will enjoy it and have memories to look back on (even if they involve an epic meltdown - lol)!

That is super helpful! I have scouring the internet for info on the regular fastpass areas and found next to nothing. Most reports are about the dining packages which I have reservations (one for CO and one for HB) but was thinking of cancelling both and going for the free option. S
We are booked at BB for November 26th, 1st show at 9pm so we can watch the fireworks from there afterwards. The dining package areas are still the same with version 2.0, correct? BB still gets front row-center? We've never seen DL's Fantasmic! show and are greatly looking forward to it. We've seen DHS's show twice so are excited about the pirate/Columbia elements of it.
I don't know what version 2.0 is. Right now BB is center for the first show but depending on when you get there you may not get rail seating. Some people like getting the front row or otherwise very close but others like to be further back because the railing is somewhat in the way of viewing the show. Either way you get to sit and there is a slope so that those further back are a little more elevated. The second show sounds like a free for all among all the dining packages. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the suggestion - we will certainly try this approach but, at the end of the day, we are at DISNEY!!! Whatever happens we will enjoy it and have memories to look back on (even if they involve an epic meltdown - lol)!
That's the right attitude!!!!

I don't know what version 2.0 is. Right now BB is center for the first show but depending on when you get there you may not get rail seating. Some people like getting the front row or otherwise very close but others like to be further back because the railing is somewhat in the way of viewing the show. Either way you get to sit and there is a slope so that those further back are a little more elevated. The second show sounds like a free for all among all the dining packages. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks much, I'm sure we will!

We still use our luggage tags also. DD loves them and has one on all of her bags as do we.

Of the sets that we have received, these are by far my favorite:

DisDocs03.JPG

Thanks much, I'm sure we will!

Of the sets that we have received, these are by far my favorite:

DisDocs03.JPG

I love these. I love the color. We have some dark blue ones and I think some dark with a hint of green. hoping to get these with our package.

My wife and I are doing the premium RBT Fantasmic! package that night. I will keep an eye out for you. If you walk by the terrace at RBT give me a wave! :)

We booked BB for the 9pm show that night too.:)

I was just able to book a Fantasmic! Dining Package for December 1st at 9:10 PM for four people. They had at least one more available for the 2nd. Just FYI if anyone is looking. We are staying at DLH so it may have been a hold over for those staying there that was just canceled. But just in case someone else is still looking, I wanted to pass on the info. I'm going to call again and see if I can get an earlier one but for now I at least get the FP's and the restaurant I wanted. Especially since I had dropped the ball on this trip.

I was just able to book a Fantasmic! Dining Package for December 1st at 9:10 PM for four people. They had at least one more available for the 2nd. Just FYI if anyone is looking. We are staying at DLH so it may have been a hold over for those staying there that was just canceled. But just in case someone else is still looking, I wanted to pass on the info. I'm going to call again and see if I can get an earlier one but for now I at least get the FP's and the restaurant I wanted. Especially since I had dropped the ball on this trip.

Just keep checking every day and closer to dates. I just scored Fantasmic Thanksgiving weekend at BB at 7:20pm as we had cancelled our trip then were able to go after all. Never give up!

Just keep checking every day and closer to dates. I just scored Fantasmic Thanksgiving weekend at BB at 7:20pm as we had cancelled our trip then were able to go after all. Never give up!
I'm so glad your trip is back on! We had to cancel once and it was heartbreaking!!!

I'm so glad your trip is back on! We had to cancel once and it was heartbreaking!!!

I have to thank my amazing hard working husband for helping to support us during hard times. While we did have to cancel the thanksgiving feast , I did get a Goofys kitchen brunch reservation and we’ve never done Goofys so it should be fun!

We are very fortunate to be AP holders( long be 6 hours away in SF Bay Area) so if we couldn’t go it wasn’t the end but I’ll be celebrating his birthday and thanksgiving and can’t wait.

I have to thank my amazing hard working husband for helping to support us during hard times. While we did have to cancel the thanksgiving feast , I did get a Goofys kitchen brunch reservation and we’ve never done Goofys so it should be fun!

We are very fortunate to be AP holders( long be 6 hours away in SF Bay Area) so if we couldn’t go it wasn’t the end but I’ll be celebrating his birthday and thanksgiving and can’t wait.
Nice! Funny enough my birthday is the 29th and it was always my DREAM to have it fall on Thanksgiving and it obviously never does. My childhood self envies him! Have a fantastic time and happy birthday to him and Thanksgiving to you and your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter