Fast and Furious- quick last minute trip for Festival of the Arts!

stace1214

DIS Veteran
DH and I decided to take a last minute trip to WDW without the kids for a quick getaway! Definitely feeling a bit of mom guilt, but we were just there in August with our kids. Mom guilt left as soon as we landed! Our plan: MK After Hours, lunch at Riviera, Disney Springs and Epcot. A little caveat - DH eats a strict paleo diet, eating out is hard at times and a little frustrating for me. Took pics, but forgot a few, I’ll supplement with what I can find online.

First Up: MK After Hours- flight was delayed and we were racing to get to MK and we were STARVING! Did you know that at 8pm all the counter service is closed except Cosmic Rays and Casey’s Corner? After trying to get to our favorites- CHH and Pecos Bill, we fought the HEA crowds and ended up at Cosmic Rays. Burger and fries for me and the half chicken and green beans for DH. Standard theme park burger, cold fries. Not impressed, but I wasn’t expecting to be. We quickly scarfed it down to start our plan.

Up Next: lunch at Primo Piatto at Riviera. It was delicious!

We had lunch at Primo Piatto at the Riviera Resort. What a beautiful hotel! We were there right at lunchtime, but it wasn’t crowded at all. I ordered the warm chicken sandwich with Parmesan fries. It was really good. The fries were regular Disney fries with a sprinkle of parm in them. Didn’t really make or break them. My husband had a seared tuna salad. He said it was great- one of the better salads he’s had on property.A0BEB6C1-FBFE-49C9-92F6-01579B284AB6.jpegB9AC503C-9986-42BE-A291-46859B32F299.jpeg

That night we headed to Disney Springs for dinner and drinks. I didn’t take any pics, but have borrowed a few from Disney Food Blog. Finding spots to eat with enough veggies for DH can be really challenging sometimes (and honestly frustrating for me!). We found a Paleo Disney blog that helped this trip. We ended up at Polite Pig. When my DH said that he had dietary preferences, but no allergies the chef came out and was SO accommodating. He ended up ordering the half chicken with sides of brussels sprouts and cauliflower which were prepared with just olive oil instead of all of usual ingredients. I had the brisket, street corn and coleslaw. The brisket was super flavorful, but a lot of it was too fatty to eat unfortunately. The real winner was the street corn. OMG I could have eaten several sides of just that! We ended our night with chocolates from The Ganachery and wine from Wine Bar George. 34B8A8C6-ABFF-4C78-9FEE-A6650EC19F7B.jpeg62DBA971-7FA6-4AC2-8A26-51F5F98210E1.jpeg

I had a greek salad with grilled chicken at Primo Piatto too, and agree that it was the best salad on property! The lettuces used were not the standard and looked and tasted so fresh!

Wow that street corn looks fabulous!
I've heard good things about Primo Paitto, we ate breakfast at Topolino but not anywhere else at Riviera yet.

Did you know that at 8pm all the counter service is closed except Cosmic Rays and Casey’s Corner?
Yes for all parties and special events there's a limited # of the regular QS open and it stinks! Very hard if you don't know what's open and when going in lol

Epcot day! I had been sooooo looking forward to this day! We were there during Food and Wine in August, but it was so hot and the lines were so long at the booths that we didn’t try anything. I was looking forward to cooler temps and eating around the world! Our first stop was Mexico for the avocado margarita! It was a little sweeter than I remembered but so delicious!

Our first booth was in Mexico for the Sopes de Barbacoa. It was beef on a corn shell with beans and cheese. This was bigger than I thought it was going to be be and really tasty!

Our next stop was Cuisine Classique for the Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic. This was my favorite dish by far. The beef was so tender and it all just went so well together.

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot in World Showcase that my DH is able to eat and he really likes the Power Salad at Sunshine Seasons. So we hiked it back to The Land pavilion where he had his salad and we shared this scrumptious little cake. I don't even have the words to describe how good this cake was...fluffy peanut butter frosting, light cake and so super cute to look at!

Epcot day! I had been sooooo looking forward to this day! We were there during Food and Wine in August, but it was so hot and the lines were so long at the booths that we didn’t try anything. I was looking forward to cooler temps and eating around the world! Our first stop was Mexico for the avocado margarita! It was a little sweeter than I remembered but so delicious!
View attachment 475919

Our first booth was in Mexico for the Sopes de Barbacoa. It was beef on a corn shell with beans and cheese. This was bigger than I thought it was going to be be and really tasty!
View attachment 475920

Our next stop was Cuisine Classique for the Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic. This was my favorite dish by far. The beef was so tender and it all just went so well together.
View attachment 475923

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot in World Showcase that my DH is able to eat and he really likes the Power Salad at Sunshine Seasons. So we hiked it back to The Land pavilion where he had his salad and we shared this scrumptious little cake. I don't even have the words to describe how good this cake was...fluffy peanut butter frosting, light cake and so super cute to look at!
View attachment 475924View attachment 475930
How is that cake paleo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter