Fastpass Facepalm

Kazrak

DIS Veteran
I can't be the only person who's done this, and I figured there might be folks here who could be amused by it.

Our Fastpass window opened last Saturday. We're on the west coast, so it opened at 4am. Spurred on by thoughts of FOP and SDD, I set a 3:55 alarm but woke up on my own at 3:50. 4am, I started getting Fastpasses. I got SDD on the wrong day, and by the time I realized they were gone on the right day. 7DMT and Peter Pan were both gone on both MK days, FEA was gone on the second Epcot day. I got FOP for the second AK day, and NRJ for the first. Not great, and not what I had hoped for, but we could make it work.

Today I get an email. "Sorry that Space Mountain was down during your Fastpass, you can now use it for any of these other rides."

Buh?

So I checked. I did get some fastpasses on the right days in January, but others were apparently set for those days in November.

So I just went through and got the missing Fastpasses. Still no SDD, but I got Toy Story Mania for the right day, 7DMT and Peter Pan on the first MK day, FEA for Epcot...

I can only blame it on it being 4am. Man, but I miss when FP+ unlocked at midnight eastern.

I can only blame it on it being 4am. Man, but I miss when FP+ unlocked at midnight eastern.
Speaking as a night person living on the East coast, I would LOVE midnight as opposed to 7 AM (and 6 AM for ADRs). BTW for me setting my alarm for 5 minutes before would be cutting it way too close, given that I need to be at least semi-awake to make the reservations.

I can't be the only person who's done this, and I figured there might be folks here who could be amused by it.

Our Fastpass window opened last Saturday. We're on the west coast, so it opened at 4am. Spurred on by thoughts of FOP and SDD, I set a 3:55 alarm but woke up on my own at 3:50. 4am, I started getting Fastpasses. I got SDD on the wrong day, and by the time I realized they were gone on the right day. 7DMT and Peter Pan were both gone on both MK days, FEA was gone on the second Epcot day. I got FOP for the second AK day, and NRJ for the first. Not great, and not what I had hoped for, but we could make it work.

Today I get an email. "Sorry that Space Mountain was down during your Fastpass, you can now use it for any of these other rides."

Buh?

So I checked. I did get some fastpasses on the right days in January, but others were apparently set for those days in November.

So I just went through and got the missing Fastpasses. Still no SDD, but I got Toy Story Mania for the right day, 7DMT and Peter Pan on the first MK day, FEA for Epcot...

I have all kinda messed up fast passes in the morning. I'm up early everyday, but i get all nervous and have messed up full days. now i write down the parks day by day and number them in the order to do them based on fast passes needed. like FOP first, mine train second. that kinda thing. this trip next week thankfully i didn't mess up for a party of 9. was hard, but we got everything. oh i did do one stupid thing the other day. i cx'ed our river of lights fast pass by mistake. lol thankfully i went back in and grabbed it again.

I have all kinda messed up fast passes in the morning. I'm up early everyday, but i get all nervous and have messed up full days. now i write down the parks day by day and number them in the order to do them based on fast passes needed. like FOP first, mine train second. that kinda thing. this trip next week thankfully i didn't mess up for a party of 9. was hard, but we got everything. oh i did do one stupid thing the other day. i cx'ed our river of lights fast pass by mistake. lol thankfully i went back in and grabbed it again.

I had this all written down - I've got a planning sheet for the trip with the intended fastpasses written in. (Need to update it now with the actual results.)

I just accidentally got passes for, say, November 9 instead of January 9. I vaguely remember the website being a bit flaky about paging through the months, so maybe it wasn't all my fault.

it happens. lol its early, stressful, a lot going on in ur head. i'm just happy i didn't cx my fop fast pass by mistake vs the river of lights one. lol

I feel like the website has been funky lately. I’ve been moving around reservations and fastpasses and sometimes they will show up for both November and December after I book them through the app (like Nov 9 and Dec 9). So maybe tired and maybe some system issues.

I've done it. When I refreshed I forgot to change the date. What was worse than my FP mess up was when I hit 180 days for my ADR,s. I accidently made a reservation for that day. I tried to cancel but it said I had to call so I just changed it to the next day and then I was able to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!