FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had regular 5 day tickets and weren’t able to book for the second half of our stay either.

Please help, i am trying to make plans with family.
I sent them a request and they approved it.
It just says people you dont have plans with and his name.
How do i make plans with him and do i need to add his girlfriend separately is also in his MDE, so its the same email. He makes makes all her plans.
The goal is to all be on ROTR together. And all be trying at the same time.
If you are all going to try to get a boarding group for RotR together, all of you have to be linked on each of your accounts. Or you can all use one account--assuming you trust all these people to have access to your MDE, that could work. But each of you could have your own account, each with everyone in the group linked to it.

If you aren't linked and you all try for boarding groups, even at the exact same moment, the odds of your ending up in the same boarding group are very very low. The solution is to link everyone.

Even so, even if you are all linked and you've all entered the park--btw, you ALL have to have tapped in to the park before park opening time in order to be eligible to get a boarding group--but even so, it's possible that some members of your party won't show up as being in the park on MDE. If that's the case, just forge ahead and get a boarding group. Then you can go to a GET CM (Guest Experience Team Cast Member--they're in blue shirts under blue umbrellas at various locations in the park) and they will link everyone for you.

For your sanity, if getting on RotR is super important to you, please read the first 2 posts in the extensive RotR fact sheet on this board.

If you are all going to try to get a boarding group for RotR together, all of you have to be linked on each of your accounts. Or you can all use one account--assuming you trust all these people to have access to your MDE, that could work. But each of you could have your own account, each with everyone in the group linked to it.

If you aren't linked and you all try for boarding groups, even at the exact same moment, the odds of your ending up in the same boarding group are very very low. The solution is to link everyone.

Even so, even if you are all linked and you've all entered the park--btw, you ALL have to have tapped in to the park before park opening time in order to be eligible to get a boarding group--but even so, it's possible that some members of your party won't show up as being in the park on MDE. If that's the case, just forge ahead and get a boarding group. Then you can go to a GET CM (Guest Experience Team Cast Member--they're in blue shirts under blue umbrellas at various locations in the park) and they will link everyone for you.

For your sanity, if getting on RotR is super important to you, please read the first 2 posts in the extensive RotR fact sheet on this board.
Thank you, i am just new to linking accounts i wamt to do it all correctly. He accepted my invite just was not sure what to do now.

Thank you, i am just new to linking accounts i wamt to do it all correctly. He accepted my invite just was not sure what to do now.
There must be info on this somewhere on this board. Apologies that I've done this only a couple of times and years ago. But if you look on your MDE, you'll see if he's linked. That much is clear to me.

There must be info on this somewhere on this board. Apologies that I've done this only a couple of times and years ago. But if you look on your MDE, you'll see if he's linked. That much is clear to me.
Correct. If you see him under your friends and family link, it worked.

We have 7 days booked on site in December. There's going to be 5 of us at the start of the stay, but one will be flying out on the 4th day of our stay. All 5 are on the room reservation and linked on MDE, but we probably were going to just get a 3-4 day ticket for the person flying out early. How would that affect FP+ selections? Would it just allow us to select 5 FP's on the days we all had tickets and 4 on the others, or would it try and split the group up and make us select FP's separately? I've considered just going ahead and getting all of the tickets for the full length of the stay to be safe, but didn't know if it would mess anything up if I didn't.

We have 7 days booked on site in December. There's going to be 5 of us at the start of the stay, but one will be flying out on the 4th day of our stay. All 5 are on the room reservation and linked on MDE, but we probably were going to just get a 3-4 day ticket for the person flying out early. How would that affect FP+ selections? Would it just allow us to select 5 FP's on the days we all had tickets and 4 on the others, or would it try and split the group up and make us select FP's separately? I've considered just going ahead and getting all of the tickets for the full length of the stay to be safe, but didn't know if it would mess anything up if I didn't.

You do not have to buy a full length of stay ticket for your friend who is leaving early. When you choose fastpasses you choose who in your party linked in MDE will be doing the ride. You can choose 1 of you, all of you or just a few of you for any particular fastpass. You could all have different fastpasses within a day if you want. But each person will only have 3 fastpasses per day of their ticket. So for your friend who is there for only 4 days, if you buy a 4 day ticket you will only be able to book 4 days of fastpasses for them. And if everyone else has 5 days you will be able to book 5 days for them. You get to select individually who gets which fastpass you are choosing. Does that make sense?

You do not have to buy a full length of stay ticket for your friend who is leaving early. When you choose fastpasses you choose who in your party linked in MDE will be doing the ride. You can choose 1 of you, all of you or just a few of you for any particular fastpass. You could all have different fastpasses within a day if you want. But each person will only have 3 fastpasses per day of their ticket. So for your friend who is there for only 4 days, if you buy a 4 day ticket you will only be able to book 4 days of fastpasses for them. And if everyone else has 5 days you will be able to book 5 days for them. You get to select individually who gets which fastpass you are choosing. Does that make sense?

I think so. I've never booked FP's so didn't know exactly how the system worked. I wasn't sure if tickets were assigned individually or to the whole group.

Thanks!

I hope someone more experienced than me might be able to help with a Hollywood Studios FastPass question. I am heading to Disney World in late April and have fastpasses for Rock n' Roller Coaster at 10:40 and Toy Story Mania at 1:10. My third pass is Smuggler's Run, which I couldn't get until 6:25 PM. Of course that mostly rules out using additional fastpasses later in the day. I could change that fastpass to one on Tower of Terror at 11:45 AM. Should I make the change? I don't know if the benefit of being able to get additional fastpasses after my 1:10 PM fastpass would outweigh the cost of not having a fastpass for Smuggler's Run. For what it's worth, we will be there at rope drop and will spend the whole day there, but there are no particular rides that we will be devastated to miss being able to ride.

Thanks!

I hope someone more experienced than me might be able to help with a Hollywood Studios FastPass question. I am heading to Disney World in late April and have fastpasses for Rock n' Roller Coaster at 10:40 and Toy Story Mania at 1:10. My third pass is Smuggler's Run, which I couldn't get until 6:25 PM. Of course that mostly rules out using additional fastpasses later in the day. I could change that fastpass to one on Tower of Terror at 11:45 AM. Should I make the change? I don't know if the benefit of being able to get additional fastpasses after my 1:10 PM fastpass would outweigh the cost of not having a fastpass for Smuggler's Run. For what it's worth, we will be there at rope drop and will spend the whole day there, but there are no particular rides that we will be devastated to miss being able to ride.

Thanks!
Personally, I would not want a FP that late in the day. I would either try to modify it or would grab something earlier. You could do either of those and still look to change things as the date gets closer (especially night before). Even if you end up doing standby later in the day for MFSR, the amount of time you could save in the 5+ hours between TSM & MFSR by using FP's should more than make up for that.

I just wanted to come and add my own experience, in case it’s helpful to anyone else. We have a split stay booked.
We also have APs (no other park tickets linked up).
- 1 night Coronado Resort
- 3 nights Beach Club Villas
- 7 nights OKW

Today was FP day and the entire trip opened up. I was able to book more than 7 days with our APs, since we were staying on site. It seems like this is generally how it works but I was very nervous reading other reports of split stays messing up the FP days. Glad to say we lucked out.

Just an update, so was unable to get FoP. Checked multiple times last night and throughout the day at the park but nothing ever showed up sadly. However, I still ended up having a fantastic day cause had an all day ST and MFSR FP, plus a Multiple Experiences FP. And then on top of that ,three FP at Epcot. So while still think it rather frustrating that the best FP can be gone because of resort goers (I'm sorry, I get you're paying to stay, but those who are still paying $140 (which is about $170/180 Canadian here) should get at least a shot at getting a FP), I did at least have an amazing day cause of FP.

One day park hopper tickets. Doing MK & HS. Planning on getting FP for character meets in MK and Frozen show in HS. Can I book HS FP after my first FP in MK is redeemed or not until all 3 are completed? Would the FP in HS count as part of my 3 at a time?

One day park hopper tickets. Doing MK & HS. Planning on getting FP for character meets in MK and Frozen show in HS. Can I book HS FP after my first FP in MK is redeemed or not until all 3 are completed? Would the FP in HS count as part of my 3 at a time?

You could only add the HS FP after you were done with MK unless you are using less than 3 FP's at MK. If you only wanted to use 2 FP's ar MK you could add the HS FP as soon as you tapped the first FP at MK. If you're wanting to use 3+ FP's at MK then you'll have to wait until you're done there to add elsewhere. The Frozen show is not hard to add as an additional FP and even if you can't get a FP is generally easy to get into standby.

One correction though is that there is no 3 at a time outside of your original 3 FP's. You start with 3 and then can keep adding one at a time once those are used.

I knew you could only add one at a time, just unsure about adding for different parks. Thanks for the Frozen show info, I'll pass that on to her.

All along I’ve calculated my 60 day FastPass day as being this Friday. However when my vacation is in a countdown app it says the 60 days is this Thursday. Now I’m unsure if my Fastpass day will be this Thursday or Friday and I never got anything from Disney saying which day I could do FastPasses. This is my first time doing it, so I don’t want to screw it up. I’m nervous about this but I don’t want to miss the initial 7am window so I’m going to go on there Thursday morning and see if I’m able to do it or not.

All along I’ve calculated my 60 day FastPass day as being this Friday. However when my vacation is in a countdown app it says the 60 days is this Thursday. Now I’m unsure if my Fastpass day will be this Thursday or Friday and I never got anything from Disney saying which day I could do FastPasses. This is my first time doing it, so I don’t want to screw it up. I’m nervous about this but I don’t want to miss the initial 7am window so I’m going to go on there Thursday morning and see if I’m able to do it or not.
If you go into My Disney Experience on a computer and scroll down to the big circles under Plans & Tickets, the last circle says Fastpasses and underneath it will be the date and time you can log in.

I have a trip in 60 days and I have CSR booked through Disney. I know I can get CSR cheaper on Hotwire, but I'm not sure I really want CSR. I didn't want to miss my 60 day window, so I booked it anyways. If I find something better on Hotwire or PL in the coming weeks and I add that to my MDE first and then cancel my CSR with Disney, will my FP's be fine?

I want to stay on property, I just like deluxe better. :rotfl:

Last edited:
If you go into My Disney Experience on a computer and scroll down to the big circles under Plans & Tickets, the last circle says Fastpasses and underneath it will be the date and time you can log in.

Thank you so much, I didn’t know about this. I was able to confirm that my day is Friday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter