Fastpasses for MFSR now available? [Yes, Starting 2/19+]

For months with all the speculation about DHS and the new attractions, I’ve seen people swear that Disney would never make major changes within the FP booking windows, but yes they have absolutely done it before and I’m sure will do it again. It’s important when you have a trip planned, especially right now with DHS having so many question marks, to keep pretty close watch here or on social media. Some people don’t get as lucky as others, but not much can be done about that.

I agree that the system would never hold up to a planned launch. Even when it’s a slower trickle and the news gets out through fan sites first, the system still buckles.

If ROTR isn't stable by May I would expect Disney to be doing a shake up/firing of the people responsible.
This is a rather interesting comment.

Have you by chance followed any of the previous attractions that had troubling starts? Test Track and Rivers of Light come to mind. No major shake ups were had because of those. New tech isn't always easy to work with.

No - an advance warning is saying that on X date and time, FP will open for MFSR

Especially for those of us staying on site and going in the Feb 19-22 window who got doubly screwed by this because it is inside the 30 day window when everyone and their brother can make FPs

Load of crap by Disney - Not thought out at all from a customer service standpoint
We are in the same boat. 2/15-2/22 - when I went to check no FP were available. Bummer :(

We are in the same boat. 2/15-2/22 - when I went to check no FP were available. Bummer :(
Same. Well, there was one evening time for MFSM, but I would have had to give up Slinky. I feel like I'd rather stand in the Millennium Falcon line, lol. On the day I didn't have Slinky, there's none available. At least I got some more for the other Toy Story rides, but still. I was on this board all day today and somehow missed this until I saw Mousesavers post it on Facebook.

The force happened to be with me and I just happened to log into myDisney like half an hour ago for our March trip and by the grace of Jar Jar got an FP for smugglers run. You’d think that Someone with a big brain at Disney would at least blast an email to currently booked customers advising them of this Fastpass and tier change. But I suppose that would be expecting too much.

I kind of agree that they were looking for the trickle in effect. Let people learn the news on their own and the distribution of connection requests will be more controlled. Blast an alert and your system goes down from too many connection requests. I'm guessing they do not have an Amazon server farm to handle FP requests.

This is a rather interesting comment.

Have you by chance followed any of the previous attractions that had troubling starts? Test Track and Rivers of Light come to mind. No major shake ups were had because of those. New tech isn't always easy to work with.
I
Makes me wonder - did Maggie survive the Rumors of Light fiasco ? Wow , that was a fun thread !

You already have a large advantage vs. locals and offsite guests. Those people will have a lot of trouble getting tier one FPs 30 days out going forward.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Me!! I helped my sister’s trip out by alerting her to this and she was able to snag one, but for my own trip a few weeks later we’re screwed as we’re offsite (we travel on points)

I wish they didn't do the fastpass for this, it makes the lines so much longer when you can't get one. Slinky dog, 7dwarves, FOP, forget about it.

I just happened to see it on the DISboards FB group this morning and was able to snag one right before the system crashed for a bit. For about 20 minutes it wouldn’t show up in MDE and my Savi’s reservation also disappeared, but then at about 8am it all showed up again and my MFSR FP was there. Now, if we can just manage to get a BG for ROTR, we’ll be golden.

I’m thinking RotR will stay on VQ system for some time but wondering if Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway train will be added to tier 1 upon opening.

SDD and MFSR are the only Tier 1. Everything else is Tier 2.

Finally!! I loathed picking two throwaway FPs, only to have them stick around like crazy glue, preventing me from choosing new Tier Ones until they got used or cleared by a CM. And then, the second time it happened, the CM tells me that they can`t/won`t fix the problem, because they did it for us last week! They created the problem, but they wouldn`t fix it...

We were able to ride MFSR three times in October and our longest wait was 25 minutes. That was in the regular standby line, not single rider. If you get in line late in the evening, you should have reasonable waits.

Ugh guarantee March 6 (when I'm going) will be gone for fastpasses by the time I go to book (before end of this month). :'( They go so dang fast

RotR is not going into fp or standby anytime soon. The ride is not reliable enough to do so

While you certainly make a good point, now that RotR is open on both coasts, it should also help to iron out the problems. I would expect Disney wants to have Fastpasses open for that one by mid-June at the latest, to help mitigate the summer crowds. It's entirely speculative on when they will, but before the summer peak season makes a certain amount of sense logistically. Whether or not they do switch over by then will be a good question. I do plan to go out to Disneyland in March or April, so I will find out how well the ride is working out there, but have no particular plans for Disney World yet due to uncertain work and class schedules. I am trying to finish a bachelor's degree in psychology and anthropology while looking for work with my law enforcement certificate(which I finish this semester), so that is throwing a wrench into any planning longer trips. Right now though, I probably won't make it back to Florida before this Fall, so I will likely encounter fastpasses for it at that park.

How do you all think the addition of FP will affect the single rider lines during the day? Will they still run them and do you think the wait will be about the same or worse?

How do you all think the addition of FP will affect the single rider lines during the day? Will they still run them and do you think the wait will be about the same or worse?
They will still have SR, i don't think we'll see a significant change in it

I’m thinking RotR will stay on VQ system for some time but wondering if Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway train will be added to tier 1 upon opening.
I highly doubt that. They will want some time to see how it is running before adding FP. I do think it will be added to tier 1 when they do FP, but i don't think that will be immediately on opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!