Favorite Best-Kept Secrets in WDW!

Not a "secret" exactly but a tip for adding more enjoyment to a trip, esp if you've been many times and want to experience something "different"......
Here it is.
It's very simple

LOOK UP!

You will be surprised what things you've missed by keeping your eyes focused on your typical line of vision. WDW has soo many details for the eye to see and many of them are on the ceiling, higher up on the front of a building, in a tree, etc. On our trips now, my daughter and I always remind each other to "look up" and we've seen some pretty cool things that despite many visits, we never noticed before.

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! One of the true joys of Disney are the small details...the Hidden Mickeys...that most people walk right past. One of my personal favorites is in HS at the Muppets 4D Vision show. While in the waiting queue, look up! You will see a net filled with foam jello cubes--A Net Full o' Jello! (obvious nod to the original Mouseketeer, Annette Funnicello) Kinda corny, but then, so are the Muppets themselves!:rotfl2:

Not a "secret" exactly but a tip for adding more enjoyment to a trip, esp if you've been many times and want to experience something "different"......
Here it is.
It's very simple

LOOK UP!

You will be surprised what things you've missed by keeping your eyes focused on your typical line of vision. WDW has soo many details for the eye to see and many of them are on the ceiling, higher up on the front of a building, in a tree, etc. On our trips now, my daughter and I always remind each other to "look up" and we've seen some pretty cool things that despite many visits, we never noticed before.

This is GREAT advice!!

A few really deep cut secrets I'll reveal for you here...
- if you meet the Toy Story characters and say "Andy's coming" they'll look around and probably shrug
- you can go to any quick service restaurant and ask for ice water, and they'll give you a $10 gift card to Outback Steakhouse
- the names on the tombstones in the queue for the Haunted Mansion come from a list of Walt Disney's worst enemies
- imagineers placed small hidden mickeys throughout the parks as a message to KGB spies
- yes, someone does live in Cinderella castle. His name is Steve and he's a nice guy. Pretty quiet, mostly keeps to himself.
- the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse is not an actual tree... it is made up of over 10 artificial leaves, and over 8 pounds of steel
These are great! Thank you!

This refers to the resorts and not the parks. There are a lot of free stuff that some of the resorts offer: movies under the stars, scavenger hunts, outdoor games (ping pong, corn hole, etc), craft time, pool side games and trivia and I am sure there are more. Always ask when you check in for an activities calendar and about any other free activities. We love to resort hop and see all the decorations during the holidays. At Fort Wilderness you can visit the horse barn where all of Disney's horses are kept.

One of my favorite things to do was catch a nap over in Epcot, by take a nice slow ride through Ellen's Energy Adventure! I am still having a hard time accepting that is is gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!