Favorite Disney Souvenirs?!

Paulll92

Beach Club, Caribbean Beach & Boardwalk :)
Hello all! Just wanted to post a forum about all your favorite souvenirs to buy when you go to a Disney park!

I always buy:
- Pins (year I go, hotel I stay at, each park, and special events I attend, and favorite characters). It's an OCD thing.
- Figurines and ornaments (I have porcelain figurines from World of Disney from 2004 and the ear hat, shoe and handbag ornaments from 2015,16,17,18)(Plus my Mom collects Christmas ornaments).

*I don't buy Jim Shore figurines down there, I order those from home online. They can get heavy.

What are your Disney guilty pleasures?

Last edited:
We buy a few pins, although not many. We really bought pins on our first trip when we thought we wouldn't go again, but haven't so much lately. We also try to buy one household item per trip. A couple of times it's been kitchen stuff (we have gotten towels/oven mitts once, pincher or tongs once, chip clips once, measuring cups once and cup holders once) and a couple of times it's been other household items like picture frames or a photo for the wall. I try to buy something sporty for my office. Last time it was the 45th anniversary baseball before that it was a football or baseball with the year. Stuff like that. We don't try to go too crazy. Just an item or 2 per trip. Most of our Disney World clothes, we tend to buy on eBay where they're much cheaper (like $15 shipped for brand new $45 polos).

We buy a few pins, although not many. We really bought pins on our first trip when we thought we wouldn't go again, but haven't so much lately. We also try to buy one household item per trip. A couple of times it's been kitchen stuff (we have gotten towels/oven mitts once, pincher or tongs once, chip clips once, measuring cups once and cup holders once) and a couple of times it's been other household items like picture frames or a photo for the wall. I try to buy something sporty for my office. Last time it was the 45th anniversary baseball before that it was a football or baseball with the year. Stuff like that. We don't try to go too crazy. Just an item or 2 per trip. Most of our Disney World clothes, we tend to buy on eBay where they're much cheaper (like $15 shipped for brand new $45 polos).

Nice!!!! You're smart, because it's easy to go crazy on Disney merchandise!!!

Also forgot, I like the ear hats as well! Very cute!!!

The ear hats are a classic, but like @WDW_fan_in_TX said, we basically aim for one or two things we really want or would actually use per trip, otherwise it just gets really expensive really quickly!

The ear hats are a classic, but like @WDW_fan_in_TX said, we basically aim for one or two things we really want or would actually use per trip, otherwise it just gets really expensive really quickly!

Nice!! You guys sound like you have restraint as well. A skill I have yet to master around Disney souvenirs!!:genie:

Ornaments, pins, Vinylmations (they no longer do trading, so that became defunct), housewares and Christmas stuff. Of course we have a lot of Disney shirts, mostly from outside the parks, we usually don't buy clothing at Disney. I collect some art prints, Tiki Room, Pirates, and others. SOTMK cards. Plush characters. Tsum Tsums. Gosh, too much stuff really.

So I LOVE Chip and Dale, so any merch with them on it is more than likely going to end up at my house. I've been restraining myself against getting the kitchen stuff, but pens, scarves, hats, socks, plushes, and ornaments with Chip and Dale have all ended up at my house.

I always get an ornament that is dated; it's so fun to pull out the ornaments at Christmas and talk about the fun times on that trip! I usually end up with at least one more ornament because there are so many cute ones!

I usually get myself some sort of shirt just.... because :) No real reason . One year was a long sleeve Epcot one, one year was a Monorail one, our last trip was a sweatshirt with the icons from all four parks. Just watch for something that grabs my eye.

My DD is usually pretty good, she usually picks out small things so we let her get one thing usually each day. Last time her "big" purchase was a stuffed pluto that she still sleeps with every night. She is only 7 though so there is no rhyme or reason to what she picks out yet.

Ornaments, pins, Vinylmations (they no longer do trading, so that became defunct), housewares and Christmas stuff. Of course we have a lot of Disney shirts, mostly from outside the parks, we usually don't buy clothing at Disney. I collect some art prints, Tiki Room, Pirates, and others. SOTMK cards. Plush characters. Tsum Tsums. Gosh, too much stuff really.

I bet you have amassed a huge Disney collection!!! :worship:

I didn't even know they had vinylmation trading at Disney. I did the pin trading my first time, after that I just bought whatever pins I liked.

For myself, I typically buy a Pandora charm for my Disney bracelet and a coffee mug. My kids on the other hand....all bets are off.

Hehe awesome!!! I saw a married couple down there with matching Pandora bracelets! He and she must love The Little Mermaid, because that was their theme. I have a Disney Pandora with Murano's and some silver charms. It's fun!

Disney definitely knows how to appeal to kids with souvenirs, etc!

:figment:

So I LOVE Chip and Dale, so any merch with them on it is more than likely going to end up at my house. I've been restraining myself against getting the kitchen stuff, but pens, scarves, hats, socks, plushes, and ornaments with Chip and Dale have all ended up at my house.

Chip and Dale are awesome! I have yet to acquire a Chip and Dale item, but did buy my twin brother the Chip and Dale western ornament where they're toasting marshmallows!
:jumping1:

I always get an ornament that is dated; it's so fun to pull out the ornaments at Christmas and talk about the fun times on that trip! I usually end up with at least one more ornament because there are so many cute ones!

I usually get myself some sort of shirt just.... because :) No real reason . One year was a long sleeve Epcot one, one year was a Monorail one, our last trip was a sweatshirt with the icons from all four parks. Just watch for something that grabs my eye.

My DD is usually pretty good, she usually picks out small things so we let her get one thing usually each day. Last time her "big" purchase was a stuffed pluto that she still sleeps with every night. She is only 7 though so there is no rhyme or reason to what she picks out yet.

Wonderful!! I love the Disney year pins and love looking through to see what styles were out and when! Disney ornaments are magical, tbh! I have amassed the ear hat, shoe and handbag ornaments for Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine. I also have Mushu/Mulan and Alice as handbag ornaments! Cleverly done really!

I wish they had more Disney Prince products too. The six princesses mentioned above are my favorite movies, but they never have anything about their princes to match them. Maybe someday!

Also, Pluto is great!!!!!pluto:

Mugs, both to use at home and travel mugs. I start every morning with a Disney mug full of coffee, I probably have about a dozen.

Mugs, both to use at home and travel mugs. I start every morning with a Disney mug full of coffee, I probably have about a dozen.

Neat!! The mugs are very practical! They used to do them by each hotel. Now it's a mug with most of the hotels on it. (As far as the mug that comes with the meal plan is concerned).

I bet your collection is pretty cool!pooh:

Not much. I will usually get one ornament per trip. The kids usually each get a stuffed animal. One year we bought two towels because the morning was cooler than expected, kids were cold, and towels were cheaper than sweatshirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter