Favorite Hotel for Legoland/SD Zoo Safari Park?

AndreAggie

DIS Veteran
Looking at doing a trip to Legoland and the SD Zoo safari park prior to a few days at Disneyland. Any recommendations for hotels? I'm thinking the Carlsbad/Oceanside area would be the best option. 6 folks total (2 rooms isn't an issue), myself and husband, our son, hub's sister, and their parents.

The prices at the Legoland Hotel fluctuate like crazy so you might want to play around with their calendar to see if any of the days work for you when it's cheap. If you don't stay there and have a chance take your son in one of the elevators. There is a great hotel that is connected by a parking lot. I forget the name of it but it should be on the Legoland website of local places to stay. It is much nicer than the the Legoland Hotel, but of course it lacks the fun theming. The rooms are huge and it's really clean. The new Castle hotel opens I think at the end of next year.

My boys love the Legoland hotel and would never want to stay anywhere else. If you son loves Legos definitely check it out, even if you don't stay there. I prefer the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort, which is less crazy but still walking distance to Legoland (has its own entrance) and has nice pools and a little waterpark for the kids.

Grand Pacific Palisades is next to Legoland. It was the first resort built by Legoland. It has full size suites (with kitchens and bedrooms) and also has regular hotel rooms. They have onsite activities and really nice views of the sunset on the ocean. There is a walkway from there through the parking lot to Legoland.

On the other side of Legoland (further from the ocean) the Sheraton Hotel and HGVC Marbrisa share land and most amenities. They have a back entrance to Legoland, but I am not sure if that back booth is always manned at Legoland or not.

I prefer Grand Pacific Palisades for the sunset views and the adults only pool area. They also have a really nice family pool area, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!