Favorite non Aulani thing to do

We enjoyed checking out the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet; the arboretum was cool to check out; Puu Ualakaa State Park was awesome for amazing views! We were also impressed with the Honolulu Zoo, it was way bigger and better than we expected. Our son was 7 and a half when we went last and while he didn't quite appreciate the scenic drives, we liked everywhere we went. We're looking forward to Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor next time (although the memorial itself still won't be open when we go)!

We’ve done kualoa ranch twice. If you are going to do it absolutely go for 2 hours. This last time we couldn’t get anything but 1 and it left a lot to be desired from the first experience.
North shore is awesome! Watching the surfers, shaved ice, Giovanni’s, and we also did north shore shark adventures and I definitely recommend that!
My cafe! Try the triple pancake thing and the garlic pig hash! We must have went 5 times this last trip.
Pearl harbour is a must if you haven’t been. We went both times and I’d go again.
We didn’t make it to the dole plantation sadly. I want to see a rainbow eucalyptus and they have one.
I don’t recommend Waikiki but many do. I mean the beach was pretty when we did our helicopter tour but it was so crowded. We almost went. We were in that area but decided against it. It’s red a much different scene than around aulani.

We were also impressed with the Honolulu Zoo, it was way bigger and better than we expected.

Its funny that you say that. When we were there in 2016, our tour guide to Diamond Head told us (as we passed by the zoo), that the Honolulu Zoo was nothing to write home about. She said if you only have time for one or the other, the aquarium was the better choice. Perhaps she meant that their zoo was on par with the typical local zoo in one's home city. But it was an interesting take from a local, nonetheless.

While it seems a little touristy, when I'm on Oahu, I visit Pearl Harbor. Very sobering. And without a doubt, visit the USS Missouri. To stand where WW2 ended....surreal.

Its funny that you say that. When we were there in 2016, our tour guide to Diamond Head told us (as we passed by the zoo), that the Honolulu Zoo was nothing to write home about. She said if you only have time for one or the other, the aquarium was the better choice. Perhaps she meant that their zoo was on par with the typical local zoo in one's home city. But it was an interesting take from a local, nonetheless.
We've gone back and forth about whether or not to visit the aquarium too; we've heard that it's not worth the cost, although I feel like most aquariums are overpriced. With the zoo, I can't remember if we had a membership to our local zoo and got a discount from that, or if I had a coupon from the entertainment book, but we didn't pay full price. Like I said, it was much bigger and had many more animals than I was expecting. We go to a lot of zoos too, but I would say it was on par with zoos in other cities. If the San Diego Zoo was my local zoo, I'd probably be disappointed, but I live near Boston and I thought there were more animals in Honolulu than in Franklin Park or Stone Zoo (which my "local Boston" zoos).
We're also traveling with a kid who - after Disney Parks- loves going to zoos more than anywhere else, so we might be a little biased.

Next month, we're most excited to go to the Kualoa Ranch!

We agree Kualoa Ranch Raptor ATV Tour was outstanding. Was the favorite activity for everyone aged 9 - 40+ in our group. Beautiful lanscape and a unique activity that was fun for all. Highly recommended. We did the 2 hour as we heard the 1 hour was a little short for some and we thought the 2 hour was just right. Have fun!
Did you see the movie spots from the Raptor tour or is that totally separate?

North Shore. Love the drive through the middle of the island. We went all the way towards the end of highway (westward) where they filmed LOST. We were the only one on the beach almost every time. Except that one time LOST was filming their final season. I was a big fan so you can imagine my excitement.
What is this beach called? I’d love to visit it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts