Favorite room service meals/treats?

saturday97

<font color=blue>Illegally Blonde<br><font color=d
Personally, it's not a vacation unless I have at least one room serivice meal or snack! Is there anything unique or tasty you've had that's worth staying in for?:D :D :D

We love the wings from ESPN but you have to be staying at either BWI/BWV, they are available through room service at this resort.

I know this is gonna sound silly but AKL has the best grilled cheese and french fries!!!!!

Originally posted by kdibattista
I know this is gonna sound silly but AKL has the best grilled cheese and french fries!!!!!

I don't think that sounds silly at all. If I ever stay there again, I'll try to remember that!:D

We LOVE the cheeseburgers from room service at the Polynesian. Always cooked just as ordered. They're served on a Kaiser roll that is great. I order mine with cheddar cheese and bacon. So juicy and tasty! I seldom order cheeseburgers anywhere but these are soooo good! B&C can't hold a candle to these!

We also enjoy ordering Tonga Toast and Mickey pancakes from Polynesian room service. Just as good as they are at Kona.

ARE YOU KIDDING!! Vacation without room service...just isn't vacation!

For some reason I just LOVED the chicken salad sandwiches through Dolphin Room Service. I could have lived on them...they also have very good banana splits.

I've also had some wonderful breakfast room service at the Contemporary and Beach Club. But, hey, if they ruin eggs and bacon...we're all in trouble!

We love to get dessert through room service. Warm apple pie and ice cream is great eating late in bed.

Reminds me of a great movie quote from Tombstone. "Then we'll have room service".

Ah, someone beat me to the Polynesian breakfast....definitely Tonga Toast from room service! How nice to wake up to breakfast waiting for you!

But now that we're DVC members its hard to justify room service....when we have a kitchen full of food! LOL We'll have to do room service dessert sometime just for fun....or breakfast again when we stay at the Polynesian!

Just wondering...

My family will be staying at the YC in November. On the first night, my husband won't be getting in until after 8 pm because he has to work that day and we refuse to wait for him (ha). Anyway, I am considering getting room service for me and my 2 boys (4 & 2 yo) for dinner so I can settle them down and out of ease for myself. I have never done room service before so,

My questions are:

Approximately how long do you usually have to wait for room service?

How does it come to your room - on a cart?

Do you still tip although gratuities are included?

Thanks.

This is totally crazy, As it's like $8.00;) But I love the Sliced tomatoes at The Beach Club, It has balsamic viniger and mozzarella, We get it minus the mozzarella. We were at BC 5 nights are last trip and ordered it 3 times. As for the kids stuff... They love the kids chicken strips at Beach Club and the kids Pumba pancakes at AKL, they come with gummy bugs and worms on the side. Also the veggie omlette at AKL is wonderful.

Disneyolic-

Wait times for room service vary, but it's rarely less than 20-30 minutes.

How they bring it depends on what you order (and where sometimes). Most bring the meal on a tray. I can't remember how meals came at the beach club but I do remember the corridors are convaluted....would think a tray would be easier for the server to handle.

I always tip on top of the service gratuity. Doubt that the servers really get much of that....they either share or don't see it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter