Favorite runDisney memories or moments

I have so many great memories from just 3 rD weekends:

- 2017: my first full. Tearing up on Main Street, USA.
- 2019: my first Dopey. First HH meetup. First pre-race meetups. First (partial) DATW. Finally meeting some runDisney all-stars.
- 2020: Rogue Two’s Excellent Adventure. Running the half with @rteetz, @Bree, and @FFigawi. Not only meeting, but exceeding all shenanigan-related expectations with the Goof Troop Roving Road Party (TM). Getting the mystery Disney rash after splashing through that ditch. Having enough energy throughout the full to take some great group photos.

2E0283A2-D891-4757-B9F8-168A0287707D.jpegCB27ED9B-0C57-4AE7-929C-78806912D0A0.jpeg

So many memories but here are my highlights:
- 2011 Princess half was my first rD event and my first half - I cried running down Main St and cried at the end of it, amazed that I actually ran the whole thing
- 2013 Marathon - my first full - my family was waiting for me by the old Sorcerer's hat in HS at around mile 22 and seeing them was the BEST (and of course I cried at the end of that too)
- 2018 Marathon - I ran it with 3 of my running friends, all of us with different abilities, but we pledged to stick together the whole way and we did it. I made them stop for photos even though one of them couldn't recognize any Disney characters other than the "fab 5". My best memory of that race was around mile 21 running down the road and they were blasting "Sweet Caroline" and we all did the "bum bum bum" with our fists in the air.

Sorry going to post one more.

This was the highlight of rundisney races for me. 2016. I had my goal this year to do dopey but at this point Disney also was doing Star Wars (I had done anaheim in 2015) so wanted to do Dopey but didn't want to miss Star Wars either. What to do what to do? You do both. Does that sound dumb? yeah and it was. So basically I went to WDW and do dopey, drove back to GA on monday and then on Thursday I'm on a plane to CA. . But before january was over I had 10 medals including coast to coast. It was two rough weeks. Doing dopey and then another 10k and half the next weekend was not easy and I didn't get a whole lot done in the parks at CA since my legs were shot... and we won't talk about flying back to GA after that. Was a fun time though and I'm glad I did it. In subsequent years I skipped marathon weekend and just did light side until they was cancelled :-( and now I'm back to marathon weekend. Never tried back-to-back again.

Below was the final haul where you can see both dopey and coast to coast. Amazing 2 weeks.

2014 My very first half marathon (and yes, I did get nip bleed due to wearing a shirt I hadn't trained in but honestly I didn't care because I was so happy to finish my first half marathon).

Nothing new on race day!

This is more of a moment vs. a memory and why I kept this picture I don't know. 2019 Star Wars 1/2 marathon where CT April weather meets FL April weather. I was drenched! Thanks to the 2:30 pace team for getting me home safely, otherwise it would have been "Clean up on World Drive, Clean up on World Drive. We're gonna need a big broom and mop".:faint: And why the guy behind me was so happy?
V3K2ryV.jpg

Another fun rD memory: @FFigawi trying to recruit EVERYONE into the Goof Troop Roving Road Party during the full and offering up @Dis_Yoda and @MommaoffherRocker ’s drinks and shots to whoever we met.

“Hey! We’re stopping for beers later!”

“Hey! Have a shot with us!”

RunDisney needs to steal Olive Garden’s slogan... When you’re here, you’re Goof Troop.

Also, coming to a DEAD STOP with only a mile to go, pulling out our phones and trying to track down @jennamfeo and @Keels so we could get our margs, which sadly never happened. But at least we had our priorities straight: booze > time/finishing.

Another fun rD memory: @FFigawi trying to recruit EVERYONE into the Goof Troop Roving Road Party during the full and offering up @Dis_Yoda and @MommaoffherRocker ’s drinks and shots to whoever we met.

“Hey! We’re stopping for beers later!”

“Hey! Have a shot with us!”

RunDisney needs to steal Olive Garden’s slogan... When you’re here, you’re Goof Troop.

Also, coming to a DEAD STOP with only a mile to go, pulling out our phones and trying to track down @jennamfeo and @Keels so we could get our margs, which sadly never happened. But at least we had our priorities straight: booze > time/finishing.

That shot helped our honorary member to finish her first marathon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter