Favorite Signiture Dinner or show at DisneyWorld?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Plan to have one signiture Dinner or show at Disney on our next trip. Will be on dining plan. What would you recommend and why? What is your favorite menu item?

I have seen The show at Poly and have been to the Canadian restaurant so looking for something different. This is for 2 adults.

I LOVE Hoop - de - Doo review. The food is pretty good (fried chicken dinner with all the fixings) but the show is soo fun. Plus you can check out Fort Wilderness. The guest of the campground decorate their sites for the holidays and they do an amazing job of it.

Plan to have one signiture Dinner or show at Disney on our next trip. Will be on dining plan. What would you recommend and why? What is your favorite menu item?

I have seen The show at Poly and have been to the Canadian restaurant so looking for something different. This is for 2 adults.
I use to always love Ohana...The food was always good, and well it's not actually a show, but they do kinda have somewhat of one. The one thing that is super annoying is that they rush you through your meal...So I just say up front, can we not quickly go through our courses, thats all.

I LOVE Hoop - de - Doo review. The food is pretty good (fried chicken dinner with all the fixings) but the show is soo fun. Plus you can check out Fort Wilderness. The guest of the campground decorate their sites for the holidays and they do an amazing job of it.
I can't wait to finally do this. Have a large group set up for Jersey week this fall, and this is 1 of the things that I wanna plan out...We've done FW during this time of year & just love how the renters decorate and stuff, .

Forgot to add this....Not sure if the food is appealing or not for you 2 @ Germany, but I kinda liked the atmosphere @ Biergarten...Long tables with other guests, and a continuous show and a NICE size Mug of Ale... :teeth: ---->:drinking1

I have never been to Hoop-De-View. This is a possibility! :)

I use to always love Ohana...The food was always good, and well it's not actually a show, but they do kinda have somewhat of one. The one thing that is super annoying is that they rush you through your meal...So I just say up front, can we not quickly go through our courses, thats all.

I can't wait to finally do this. Have a large group set up for Jersey week this fall, and this is 1 of the things that I wanna plan out...We've done FW during this time of year & just love how the renters decorate and stuff, .
We have been to OHana many times. Last few times service was extremely slow, Chicken or Pork was pink. Yes they do push the food too fast.
Thanks for the suggestion but lwill skip Ohana for a while.

We have been to OHana many times. Last few times service was extremely slow, Chicken or Pork was pink. Yes they do push the food too fast.
Thanks for the suggestion but lwill skip Ohana for a while.
How about Biergarten??? Is this something that might interest you?

Jiko! The food and service is incredible but an evening at Animal Kingdom Lodge is something that is quintessentially Disney and can include a lot more than "just" dinner -- see animals on the savanna (using night vision goggles after dark!), explore the lobby, Victoria Falls lounge, shop. You asked about fish in another thread and I cannot stop thinking about the Vulcan-spiced fish there -- and the wild boar tenderloin appetizer.

In terms of "experience" I'd also say California Grill timed with fireworks is another uniquely Disney evening. Monorail tour of lounges before or after might be fun too.

Getting back to fish, Flying Fish remains one of my top 5 so if looking for a seafood-focused menu, can't go wrong there. Could pair with a walk on the Boardwalk before or after (performers like magicians, jugglers etc. appear Thurs through Sun, I believe).

Have fun!

Jiko is a neat idea I did not think about. We have stayed at AKL, Jambo many times but not to Jiko. Flying Fish is high on my list too. I have also heard California Grill is excellent. Can you see fireworks from your table?

Completely agree with Christine on Jiko! Its the one and only Disney restaurant that has never disappointed us. Its an amazing place for an evening out with more of an adult atmosphere than other restaurants (though we usually take our daughter). The food is all relatable in terms of proteins but what makes it unique is the delicious African and Middle Eastern flavors they use.

If you're looking for something more fun with a show as others have suggested Hoop Dee Doo is fabulous! The show is absolutely fun and timeless and the food, while simple, delicious. Plus it comes with complimentary beer and wine/sangria which just puts it over the top for me.

Jiko is a neat idea I did not think about. We have stayed at AKL, Jambo many times but not to Jiko. Flying Fish is high on my list too. I have also heard California Grill is excellent. Can you see fireworks from your table?
Some better than others, yes. But TBH, we had such a Horrible experience, that I doubt we'll ever visit there again.

Party of 11 and had ADR's, showed up about 10 mins. early. They put us in the waiting are/ lounge, and literally forgot about us. For the first 20-25 mins. or so, no one asked if we needed/wanted a drink or a bite to eat, so we had to flag someone down. we finally did, and asked the server who said give him a minute and he'll be back. Another 10 or so mins. went by still no server, still no seating at our original ADR and we went to see a manager. They assured us that they would seat us in the next 5 mins, so no need to order anything. 15 more mins goes by & finally we see them scrambling to set a table by the window for us..

They proceeded to forget water at the table and the option of drinks, before asking us what we wanted to eat.. Kinda odd but whatever. Now mind you, I had an excellent appetizer ( spicy Kazan Roll) & the Oak fired filet. Both Dynamite, but everyone else was underwhelmed, partly by the food, and partly by the service/ way we were forgotten...

I do like the ambience there, but there were just way too many things that went wrong with this evening, so for that I doubt we will be returning... It does get great reviews so I'm sure this is not the norm.

EDIT: Sorry for the ramble..:mic:

With regard to signature restaurants, my favorites on property at the moment are Topolino's Terrace, California Grill, Cítricos, Jiko, and Monsieur Paul.

California Grill, Jiko, Flying Fish.
We have never had a bad meal at any of them.
All 3 were on our list for our soon to be cancelled trip.
The new one, that we haven't tried yet is Topolinos Terrace. The menu looked good.

If you are at Narcoossee’s during Mak fireworks, you can head out to the deck to watch. Plus, that almond crusted cheesecake is one of the best things I’ve eating in Disney.

For 2 adults, Citricos. Wonderful atmosphere and great food to boot. I know this restaurant isn't part of dining plan but for adults, Victoria and Albert's a must try, at least once. It's very expensive but for a very special occasion, you won't forget the experience.

Hoop dee Do is our favorite show and Yachtsmen Steakhouse is our favorite Signature restaurant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!