February 2018 Check-in Thread

We're going 2/23 and 2/24!! I am surprising the hubs for a big birthday. He thinks we're going to a nearby big city for a long weekend. He doesn't know that we're only going to that city to catch a flight to LAX and meet up with our best friends in the Happiest Place on Earth! He's a Disneyphile (we watch youtube disney videos basically every night) but he hasn't been for probably 8-10 years (it hasn't been a financial possibility). My plan is to reveal the surprise right when he gets home from work on the day we leave - just enough time to make sure I've packed everything he'll want, and for us to use the car ride to talk about the trip! Still planning on how to tell him - I think I'll probably go with a giant box full of helium disney balloons :D While I would never want to be surprised with a trip (I love the planning and anticipation), I think he's going to absolutely love it! He loves surprises, and he loves Disney. I can't wait, and I feel like every day I'm accidentally going to blurt it out because I'm so excited! But I've been good at keeping it secret the past 3 months of planning, so I think I can hold it together for 5 more weeks!!! HOLD IT TOGETHER, SELF!

We're going 2/23 and 2/24!! I am surprising the hubs for a big birthday. He thinks we're going to a nearby big city for a long weekend. He doesn't know that we're only going to that city to catch a flight to LAX and meet up with our best friends in the Happiest Place on Earth! He's a Disneyphile (we watch youtube disney videos basically every night) but he hasn't been for probably 8-10 years (it hasn't been a financial possibility). My plan is to reveal the surprise right when he gets home from work on the day we leave - just enough time to make sure I've packed everything he'll want, and for us to use the car ride to talk about the trip! Still planning on how to tell him - I think I'll probably go with a giant box full of helium disney balloons :D While I would never want to be surprised with a trip (I love the planning and anticipation), I think he's going to absolutely love it! He loves surprises, and he loves Disney. I can't wait, and I feel like every day I'm accidentally going to blurt it out because I'm so excited! But I've been good at keeping it secret the past 3 months of planning, so I think I can hold it together for 5 more weeks!!! HOLD IT TOGETHER, SELF!
That's so fun! I'm doing the same for my fiance, but I'm not sure when I should tell him since we have to fly and he'll want to pack for himself.

That's so fun! I'm doing the same for my fiance, but I'm not sure when I should tell him since we have to fly and he'll want to pack for himself.
Fun! And yes, deciding when to tell is so hard! I usually pack for my husband on trips (with a small amount of input from him), so I think I can get away with surprising him last-minute (given that he'll still be able to throw another shirt in if need be). Would the night before be enough time? Or maybe a week ahead? I think it depends on the persons' comfort with spontaneity - if your fiance is a spontaneous guy, you could do something more last-minute, but if he's a planner, he may want more time.

Fun! And yes, deciding when to tell is so hard! I usually pack for my husband on trips (with a small amount of input from him), so I think I can get away with surprising him last-minute (given that he'll still be able to throw another shirt in if need be). Would the night before be enough time? Or maybe a week ahead? I think it depends on the persons' comfort with spontaneity - if your fiance is a spontaneous guy, you could do something more last-minute, but if he's a planner, he may want more time.
I was thinking a week before. That would give him time to pack. He knows I have something planned since I had him take off work, he just doesn't know what.

I've been doing some research, and I've decided our family of 5 will do Max Pass and I'm pretty sure we will do 4 day park hoppers. My question is about character dining and night show packages. I know they do a WOC dessert party? And I think there is a Fantasmic dining package? Any others? Have you guys done them? I think we will only do 2 or 3 expensive park meals, so I'm not sure if I want those to be character meals (Plaza Inn breakfast seems amazing!) or the night entertainment packages.

I've been doing some research, and I've decided our family of 5 will do Max Pass and I'm pretty sure we will do 4 day park hoppers. My question is about character dining and night show packages. I know they do a WOC dessert party? And I think there is a Fantasmic dining package? Any others? Have you guys done them? I think we will only do 2 or 3 expensive park meals, so I'm not sure if I want those to be character meals (Plaza Inn breakfast seems amazing!) or the night entertainment packages.
We have done fantasmic dining and loved it. We will be doing it again this February. We are doing hungry bear this time. The seating area for that meal was next to us last time (still a great spot to watch the show) and it’s the least expensive option. We have also done character dining. Surfs up last trip and I’ve scheduled Plaza Inn for the first time this upcoming trip. That is my limit for expensive dining for one trip!
I have heard great things about the WOC dessert package. I wish we could do it, but it doesn’t seem worthwhile with a 4yo and 2yo. When they’re older for sure... there is also a WOC dining package but I have heard the standing area isn’t particularly worth the price. The only other dining option I can think of outside of those mentioned (and other character meals at hotels) is the fireworks viewing in Tomorrowland (terrace?). I haven’t done it but from what I’ve read and because fireworks are often canceled I’m not sure it’s worth it. Hopefully someone with that experience can chime in though.

We have done fantasmic dining and loved it. We will be doing it again this February. We are doing hungry bear this time. The seating area for that meal was next to us last time (still a great spot to watch the show) and it’s the least expensive option. We have also done character dining. Surfs up last trip and I’ve scheduled Plaza Inn for the first time this upcoming trip. That is my limit for expensive dining for one trip!
I have heard great things about the WOC dessert package. I wish we could do it, but it doesn’t seem worthwhile with a 4yo and 2yo. When they’re older for sure... there is also a WOC dining package but I have heard the standing area isn’t particularly worth the price. The only other dining option I can think of outside of those mentioned (and other character meals at hotels) is the fireworks viewing in Tomorrowland (terrace?). I haven’t done it but from what I’ve read and because fireworks are often canceled I’m not sure it’s worth it. Hopefully someone with that experience can chime in though.
This is fantastic info. Thank you!

I will be there with ds, 9, 2/20-24. Southwest had an amazing sale, so after points is was $110 for both our plane tickets! Couldn't afford not to go, lol. This will be our second dlr visit, last was May '16 but this time will be a total surprise. The airport is 90 min away but we have to leave in the dead of night so I'm hoping he just falls back asleep and wakes when we arrive. Surprise!

I know he's going to be super bummed about California screamin being closed but gtg breakout plus 3 full and 2 partial days in the parks should make up for it. We've never done any Disney trips just the two of us and I'm super looking forward to it, but keeping secrets is so hard!

WOC is absolutely amazing, so if you’re going to do any nighttime entertainment package, I would highly recommend the WOC dessert party! Depending on how old your kids are and how late they’re able to stay out, you could always go to the later Famtasmic show which is typically much less crowded. Have a wonderful trip!

I thought about the WOC dessert party, but that price is just too much for me. I decided to book a WOC dining package with Carthay Circle. The ability to sit during the show sure sounds nice though!

I will be there for the day of February 4th. It’s only me and the hubby. I’m excited because we have been many times and with the kids, but not on this day. It’s our anniversary so we’ll be going without them. I have two reservations one for Blue bayou at 2:40 for lunch and another one for Carthay Circle for 6:50. I’m not keeping them both. I need to decide which one to keep! We just don’t know if the times are good for either restaurants.

I am bringing my soon to be 9 year old for his birthday trip! We are staying at great wolf lodge February 8-9 and we will be in the parks 10 and 11 we have APs with Maxpass this year and have already made 2 trips one in October and one quick day in January. I'm so excited to be celebrating his bday in Disneyland!

I just decided on a last minute trip with my 4.5 year old daughter. We’ll be there Presidents weekend 2/16-2/19. We have APs and will be driving down from the Bay Area. We’re crashing at my cousin’s house in Irvine, so aside from gas this will hopefully be a pretty cheap trip for us.

It’s nearly February hooray!
We aren’t headed to the parks until the 27th, but I just switched hotels last minute. I found a good rate at Castle Inn and Suites (119/n), so switched to that from Grand Legacy (139/n). Add to that the 60 I will save in free parking and I’m ok to trek a little further back to our motel each night.
Disappointed to see that fireworks are no longer offered end of February, mostly because that may mean a good portion of walls will still be up. I’m hoping at least the hub in front of the castle will be completed before we get there, but who knows!

Our trip just got extra magical! What was supposed to be a girls only trip on the 25th and 26th? We just found out we're adopting a teenager who will be placed with us February 10th, and we get to bring her with us! It will be her first trip and I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything in place just having her in our home, but also for our trip! We decided to do the World of Color dessert party as a bit of a celebration, and might also do with Fantasmic Riverbelle terrace dinner too. I'm so stoked for such a magical trip!

We're 2 weeks away from our DL trip that has been a year in the making! We are surprising our almost-10-year-old daughter with this trip, and we can't believe we've made it this long without slipping up! We fly out on the 11th from Seattle to Sacramento to go to a concert of our daughter's favorite singer (Toby Mac!), then down to Anaheim - in the parks the 13th-17th, USH on the 18th (she's obsessed with Harry Potter!), then home in the 19th. We're pulling out all the stops with this trip! Minnie's Breakfast at Plaza Inn (with her best friend's family who happens to be there at the same time!), BB Fantasmic Dinner, WOC Dessert Party. Hubby and I are giddy with excitement, and can't wait to reveal the surprise!

Tomorrow we travel! Thursday and Friday will be spent at Disneyland. I'm so excited! I've started packing for myself, husband, and our two little ones. After checking the weather for Anaheim, I groaned and pulled out our shorts and t-shirts. Definitely not what we've been wearing here in Missouri. Sure enough, I have no idea what will fit our boys, and everything was wrinkled. Still, not a bad problem to have! haha I am not really sure if we should just stick with pants and t-shirts, or if we'll be more comfortable in shorts, at least during the day.

I did not see a February 2018 thread so thought I would start one!

Leave your dates and where you are staying and I will keep a list going here!

Also any questions about that time can be posted here and I am sure lots of people will have helpful responses!

:)

tlcdoula 1/28-2/4 Del Sol
ishbit92 2/3-2/9 Airbnb or Grand Legacy
jenjenw 2/4-2/9 DLH
lillywillow 2/4-2/9 Best Western Anaheim
skridermom 2/5-2/10 Tropicana
sarah28 2/10-2/17 Disneyland Hotel
mgd2007 2/14-2/18 DLH
Tlovesdis 2/18-2/21 Motel 6 or DI&S
FSUgirl 2/19-2/22 GCH
amyg1976 President's Day Weekend - Tropicana
jeanniejay Grand Californian

Me, my brother and his fiancé are going February 5-8. It was a last minute, cheap airfare trip. We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. So far the only thing that I have booked is Wine Country Trattoria Lunch with WOC viewing. Trying to decide if I should book something for Fantasmic.

Tomorrow we travel! Thursday and Friday will be spent at Disneyland. I'm so excited! I've started packing for myself, husband, and our two little ones. After checking the weather for Anaheim, I groaned and pulled out our shorts and t-shirts. Definitely not what we've been wearing here in Missouri. Sure enough, I have no idea what will fit our boys, and everything was wrinkled. Still, not a bad problem to have! haha I am not really sure if we should just stick with pants and t-shirts, or if we'll be more comfortable in shorts, at least during the day.

I have a couple weeks yet but I guess I need to dig some shorts out, which is hard to imagine all bundled up here in MO too! Definitely be sure to pack pants and jackets, though, because it gets surprisingly chilly at night. It's not like here where 80+ degree days mean 70 degree nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter