February 2018 Check-in Thread

I have a couple weeks yet but I guess I need to dig some shorts out, which is hard to imagine all bundled up here in MO too! Definitely be sure to pack pants and jackets, though, because it gets surprisingly chilly at night. It's not like here where 80+ degree days mean 70 degree nights!

Right! I've basically packed 2-3 outfits per day for each of us. Crazy!!!
6 hours until we leave for the airport!

I have Blue Bayou reservations for 4 people on Fri Feb 16 at 5:00 and Sat Feb 17 at 4:40 that I am going to be releasing soon. I finally got the Sunday time I was hoping for so I don’t need these anymore. I’d be happy to coordinate the release time if anyone here wants them. PM me if you’re interested.

We are at DL yesterday and today and having a blast. The weather is amazing, so warm and comfortable. We met up with family who live here and have annual passes, and they said they have never seen such short lines. It seems like the most popular rides have a max wait time of 25-45 minutes, and for most of the little kid rides we have been doing, wait time has been less than 5 minutes. Maybe it's a fluke but right now I'm thinking I want to visit at this time every year!

We are at DL yesterday and today and having a blast. The weather is amazing, so warm and comfortable. We met up with family who live here and have annual passes, and they said they have never seen such short lines. It seems like the most popular rides have a max wait time of 25-45 minutes, and for most of the little kid rides we have been doing, wait time has been less than 5 minutes. Maybe it's a fluke but right now I'm thinking I want to visit at this time every year!

I'm glad you're having a great time! My son and I were at the parks Wednesday from 10:00 to 4:00 and we rode 11 rides and could have done more but we were taking it slow. It was really great and a nice change from a few weeks ago when it was super packed.

I just saw this thread. We leave in 4 days. EEK!!!:mickeyjum:tigger: We will be staying at BWPPI from the 6th through the 10th with park days the 6th through the 9th. This will b DS6mo's first trip and DS4's first time flying, although he doesn't know we are flying. He still assumes we are driving down. Haha! He's always wanted to fly on an airplane. It will also be the first time he can ride almost everything with the exception of Indy. He's excited to ride the "roller coasters" DH and my parents are coming along too.

I love when my trip dates are showing up in the extended weather forecast! Looks like we might need sunblock and shorts. :)

Just got a message from a friend that she's taking her two boys down Feb 22-25, and wants us to join her! DH hates Disney trips, so it will be DS10 and myself with my friend and her DS9 and DS5. I took her to DLR for her first trip back when our boys were in 1st grade, and she loved having me as their travel guide, so she really wants us to come with them on this trip, too. I have no idea where we'll be staying yet, and I know my budget is smaller than hers, so we'll see what we can work out. But I'm super excited, because I wasn't planning a trip and still saving up for our next visit, so I didn't think we could afford to go. DH surprised me and said we could use his bonus from work to pay for the trip, even though he won't come with us. He may be grumpy, but he's a keeper!

I have been to Disneyland more times than I can count at this point, but I'm bringing DH and DS (3) for their first time in just over 2 weeks! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel, 2/21-2/24. Can't wait. Now I just have to hope DS grows the last 1/4 of an inch so he can hit the 40 inch mark to add a lot more ride options for him.

I was there this past Saturday. It was busy, not not the worst I have seen. We only went to Disneyland for the one day and were able to ride 21 rides using maxpass and some creative planning. We also went back to our hotel in the middle of the day to nap!

We were pixie dusted by a CM at Peter Pan when he saw my husband's shirt and said he'd never seen one like it. We were taken from the back of a 60 minute wait line and sent right to the front!

It was a great day with gorgeous weather!

Well, my friend decided that she wants us to stay at the same hotel, and she wants to stay at the Grand Californian, so she's going to pay for our hotel room! :woohoo: She said this way we can help each other out and she'll have quick access to my vast Disney knowledge to guide her. She's so crazy excited, she booked the vacation last night, and has been making plans for Fantasmic! and WOC dinner packages, and deciding what character breakfast we should do, and then texted me that she spent her lunch break looking at Disney shirts on Amazon! :rotfl: I think I got her hooked...and if she wants to keep bringing me along to stay with her at the GCH, I'm all for it!

February Friends that flew and are at Disneyland now....how was the plane ride? Did you feel like there were loads of germy people coughing all over the place? We are scheduled to fly from NYC to LAX next week, having second thoughts though with all the flu going around! Yes I know....wipes, wash hands, wipe stuff down etc...we do that already, but being stuck in a tin box for 6 hours...I'm unsure!

February Friends that flew and are at Disneyland now....how was the plane ride? Did you feel like there were loads of germy people coughing all over the place? We are scheduled to fly from NYC to LAX next week, having second thoughts though with all the flu going around! Yes I know....wipes, wash hands, wipe stuff down etc...we do that already, but being stuck in a tin box for 6 hours...I'm unsure!

We flew from BWI direct to San Diego, so also a 6 hours flight. We got back just a few days ago. There were some people on the plane who were coughing, but it wasn't bad. I brought Clorox wipes for the tray tables and such, but so far we are good. We spent a week in San Diego and Anaheim, and avoided getting sick. Just wash your hands a lot and try to avoid other people's faces and I am sure it will be fine. I figure I can get sick from the grocery store so I wasn't going to cancel my vacation. I did use hand sanitizer a lot on the plane, at the airport, and at DL so that may have also helped.

Good luck and have a great vacation!

We flew from BWI direct to San Diego, so also a 6 hours flight. We got back just a few days ago. There were some people on the plane who were coughing, but it wasn't bad. I brought Clorox wipes for the tray tables and such, but so far we are good. We spent a week in San Diego and Anaheim, and avoided getting sick. Just wash your hands a lot and try to avoid other people's faces and I am sure it will be fine. I figure I can get sick from the grocery store so I wasn't going to cancel my vacation. I did use hand sanitizer a lot on the plane, at the airport, and at DL so that may have also helped.

So true about the grocery store...and school, etc.! BUT, I'm traveling solo with my kids, so it would stink to be sick in Cali alone...been there done that with WDW once! It was horrible! I literally just cancelled and rebooked for the end of June. I think the weather will be nicer (low of 50 next week, and the weather doesn't look so great). We are staying at the Courtyard waterpark hotel, and my kids would be bummed if it was too cold to use it. We went last June same time and it was perfect. PLUS, I'm not crazy about the walls on Main Street, especially during President's week, which is slated to be SUPER busy, along with the refurb of some of the rides my kids LOVE. So....sad I cancelled, but happy that Pixar Pier will be open when we go!

So true about the grocery store...and school, etc.! BUT, I'm traveling solo with my kids, so it would stink to be sick in Cali alone...been there done that with WDW once! It was horrible! I literally just cancelled and rebooked for the end of June. I think the weather will be nicer (low of 50 next week, and the weather doesn't look so great). We are staying at the Courtyard waterpark hotel, and my kids would be bummed if it was too cold to use it. We went last June same time and it was perfect. PLUS, I'm not crazy about the walls on Main Street, especially during President's week, which is slated to be SUPER busy, along with the refurb of some of the rides my kids LOVE. So....sad I cancelled, but happy that Pixar Pier will be open when we go!

The walls were annoying. We also skipped DCA because I didn't feel like spending the money with so much being closed. I think June is a perfect time to go! It was warm when we were there last week, but the locals all said it was oddly warm. We stayed at the Courtyard and loved it and were able to enjoy the waterpark. I'm already trying to figure out how to get back out there this year to see Pixar Pier!

The walls were annoying. We also skipped DCA because I didn't feel like spending the money with so much being closed. I think June is a perfect time to go! It was warm when we were there last week, but the locals all said it was oddly warm. We stayed at the Courtyard and loved it and were able to enjoy the waterpark. I'm already trying to figure out how to get back out there this year to see Pixar Pier!

It's a great hotel isn't it? We stayed there last Summer for our first trip. Luckily we have a ton of Marriott points, so our stay is free! The cash rate for the 7 nights would've been $3,000! By changing it, we also were able to add an extra day, so I'm happy about that!

I’m planning on going to Disneyland for the day on the 14th of February...how packed will it be? I haven’t been on this day.

I’m planning on going to Disneyland for the day on the 14th of February...how packed will it be? I haven’t been on this day.

Crowd calendars are predicting light crowds. But definitely make dining reservations. Fingers crossed! I will be there too!

I'll be there on the 14th too! Was finally able to get dining res I wanted yesterday after checking for days :cloud9:

So guess who has the flu!! My daughter! Figures, right! A girl in her class was sent to school while sick, and the day after she spiked a fever, and most likely has the flu based on her symptoms (her doc was out of tests she said). Her mom (my friend) needed to pack for their Disney trip that night, so thought it was wise to send her in and infect everyone else, ugh!! Good thing I cancelled our trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter