***February 2019***

Will be there 2/25-3/5. Hoping for easy ADRs, too. We're on the DDP so my plan/goals are:
-bfasts @ BoG, Tusker (if we score a RoL package)
-brunch @ any buffets with bloody marys/mimosas (at least 1)
-dinners @ ohana, boma, spice road

I need some advice! We are planning our first family trip (we've been several times before kids), we arrive on 2/23 and depart on 3/1. We currently have reservations at Port Orleans - but that may change once the Winter promotions are released if we can get a deal at a deluxe. We plan to visit the parks 2/24-2/28. Traveling is myself, my husband, and our daughters (4.5 and 2.5 when we go). Our plan is to visit MK twice and EP, HS and AK once. I'm struggling on deciding which park to visit each day. I subscribed to Touring Plans and they have Sunday 2/24 at an 8/10 crowd level with each of the parks at a 10 or a 9 - so i'm starting to get nervous as I thought we were going at a somewhat slower time of year.

So I'm looking for some expert advice, especially for which park we should visit Sunday 2/24 (Its the princess half marathon so not sure which parks get affected the most).

I do know that we want to do one of our MK days our last day 2/28.

We plan to do the standard dining plan and so far I've narrowed down the following ADRs we hope to get. Looking for other suggestions as well!

Arrival Day 2/23 - Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
Akershaus Breakfast or early lunch
BOG - Breakfast or Lunch
HS - Sci-Fi Diner Lunch or other suggestions welcome
AK - Tusker House Breakfast ?

We do not want to do CRT as I've read its not a good value on the dining plan, since its two credits and same with dinner at BOG since its two credits. So looking for suggestions on another sit-down ADR at MK for our second day. We are doing a lot of buffets so I'm not sure we want to do Crystal Palace. Thanks!

Greetings!

Well, we JUST booked our February 2019 trip! Very excited to go back "home." I did a two-day solo trip (was there for a conference) in January, but it was fast, and I was without the family, so we are all itching to get back! We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside (hopefully Alligator Bayou) February 18th through the 25th! Anyone else going in February, let's countdown, chat, and plan together!

My family is going the same week (Feb. 16-23). Staying at POFQ. And we're from Upstate NY too - Rochester!

So excited! Just booked Feb 2-8 at Ft. Wilderness Cabins! Planning on Sat-travel day, Sun-park day, Mon-park day, Tue-rest day, Wed-park day, Thu-park day, Fri-travel day. Not sure which parks on which day yet, but I'll look at the touring plans page for advice.

Also, UpstateMick, do you think you could update the first post in this thread as people respond? Similarly to how it is here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-may-2019-thread.3666576/. That way we can see in one place if anyone is going around the same time/same resort. Thank you for starting the thread!

Will do :)

Anyone seeing the park hours for President's week dropping like the temperature in Upstate NY in February? MK closing at 8:00 PM? We usually vacation this week and MK is open until AT LEAST 11:00 PM for the majority of the week. TouringPlans sends me updates everyday of park hours being REDUCED? What gives?

It's definitely the time of year to escape the frozen tundra. We'll be there as well from Albany NY - but having the whole week off is more of a Northeast thing. Most states only have the long weekend. I'm not really even looking at park hours for now - last time we were there MK's opening changed from 9am to 8am long after I made ADRs. So much for that perfect PPO CP ADR (and then they changed the rope drop policy that month too).

Hi all! I'd like to join in on the fun! I only just recently determined that I'm going to do a solo trip 2/10-2/15. I'm still determing where I'll be staying, prob one of the values, and I'm hopeful that a discount code will come out :cool1::banana::hyper::jumping1:

I will be in WDW in Dec with my parents, since they've never been to the parks around the holidays, but the trip is only 3 nights and I was getting really bummed about it being such a short trip, without enough time for a whole day in every park. Sooo, the wheels started turning and I started looking at all my rewards points options. By combining the rewards from my Capital One cc, Disney Visa, Swagbucks account, and the bonus for opening a checking account with Chase I will have enough money to pay for my hotel and park ticket! With the bonus points from my new Jetblue cc I will have free round trip air fare (plus enough points for at least another 1 or 2 domestic round trip flights). Since my parents are kindly covering the cost of the Dec trip, I am actually planning on upgrading that 3 day PH to an AP in December (my 1st ever!), since it will only cost me an additional $116 over what I would spend on a 5 day MYW pass for the Feb trip! And, with the Jetblue points I will then have the park tix and flight covered for at least one more trip in 2019! And, February is my bday month so I am following the mantra of "treat yo'self." :rotfl: To say I'm excited is an understatement!!! :cloud9:

And, thanks to finding this thread I became aware that my ADR window had just opened for my first 2 days! :flower3:

Here are my plans so far. I'm sure the park hours will change, so this is tentative. I also haven't had a PH in a very long time, but I will with the AP, so I'm getting used to planning for multiple parks in a day, lol. I've only just put this together so it is definitely subject to change!

Ugh, stupid picture isn't working!

Sun 2/10 - aiming for early flight 6-8:49am
- have an ADR for Cali Grill Brunch at the Top at 12:05p
- heading over to MK from there - I always try to start my trip with the MK!
- ADR at 7p at Skipper Canteen - 1st time, been wanting to try it
Mon 2/11
- MK in the morning
- BOG ADR at 12:45p
- will probably head over to Epcot for the afternoon - I want to make sure I have time to take advantage of the booths for the International Festival of the Arts so no ADRs planned for Epcot
Tues 2/12
- all day at Epcot - looks like there should be evening EMH that night, I love being in the parks late!
Wed 2/13
- AK for most of the day
- Planning on booking Caring for Giants
- going to do a dinner ADR for Tiffins - been dying to try it!
- MK should have evening EMH so will probably bounce over there after finally catching RoL
Thurs 2/14
- DHS for the day
- will prob have lunch at the Brown Derby Lounge
- spend the evening at Disney Springs after the evening show at DHS
Fri 2/15 - aiming for a late flight 8-10:34p
- Boma b'fast
- AK for as long as I can before having to catch the ME

ydUsagQ4px8BVVD37[IMG]

Last edited:
Wed 2/13
- AK for most of the day
- Planning on booking Caring for Giants
- going to do a dinner ADR for Tiffins - been dying to try it!
- MK should have evening EMH so will probably bounce over there after finally catching RoL

We plan to try Caring for Giants too. Our son is a huge animal lover. He's more interested in the animals at Animal Kingdom than in the rides anywhere. But he's 7 and almost every special tour starts at age 8. This is pretty much the one thing we can do. (Then again, budget-wise, thank goodness!)

Anyone seeing the park hours for President's week dropping like the temperature in Upstate NY in February? MK closing at 8:00 PM? We usually vacation this week and MK is open until AT LEAST 11:00 PM for the majority of the week. TouringPlans sends me updates everyday of park hours being REDUCED? What gives?

So I don't have any source on this but this is my GUESS as to what is happening.

Disney releases their park hours ~190 days or so in advance. Before that, TouringPlans lists ESTIMATED park hours based off of historical data.

Then, as Disney releases the official park hours, TouringPlans updates their site and you get an email from them letting you know park hours have been updated because they are updating their website from the estimates to the actual park hours.

Disney may (or may not) lengthen park hours as February gets closer.

In order to get a good idea what actual park hours might be, I looked at the dis' park hours calendar from February of this year, which you can find at this link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/february18.cfm

Of course it is no guarantee park hours will be exactly the same but I think it will give you a pretty close estimate of what to expect.

We'll be there Feb 9-13. Staying in Bay Lake Towers, a studio, one night in a standard view and then 3 nights in a lake view.

This trip accomplishes a couple of things. I'm determined to stay at every property, and during every month of the year. I was only missing February and July, so this checks off that box, and gets me a new resort!

I haven't made any real plans yet, mainly because we have a weeklong trip coming up next month that's taking up most of my current time. However, DH and I are also planning on starting a family so depending on how that goes we may or may not have a passenger along so that will change a lot of things!

We plan to try Caring for Giants too. Our son is a huge animal lover. He's more interested in the animals at Animal Kingdom than in the rides anywhere. But he's 7 and almost every special tour starts at age 8. This is pretty much the one thing we can do. (Then again, budget-wise, thank goodness!)
Haha, I hear ya on the budget. That's one of the perks of being a solo traveler on this kind of trip. But I love that your son is all about the animals! We need more people like that in the world.

So I don't have any source on this but this is my GUESS as to what is happening.

Disney releases their park hours ~190 days or so in advance. Before that, TouringPlans lists ESTIMATED park hours based off of historical data.

Then, as Disney releases the official park hours, TouringPlans updates their site and you get an email from them letting you know park hours have been updated because they are updating their website from the estimates to the actual park hours.

Disney may (or may not) lengthen park hours as February gets closer.

In order to get a good idea what actual park hours might be, I looked at the dis' park hours calendar from February of this year, which you can find at this link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/february18.cfm

Of course it is no guarantee park hours will be exactly the same but I think it will give you a pretty close estimate of what to expect.

Thank you very, very much for this! VERY helpful!!

I have booked a solo trip 2/2-2/9 with dlxdp for POFQ. I am considering switching to CR if a good enough % discount comes out. I got all my ADRs done ( Yachtsman, Cali Grill Brunch, Boathouse, Monsieur Paul, Coral Reef, Yak & Yeti, Brown Derby, Frontera Cocina, Tiffins pkg, Narcoosees, Kona, California Grill and the Wave). I have also booked Keys if the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek. Lots of splurges since it is a solo trip!!!!

Hi all! I'd like to join in on the fun! I only just recently determined that I'm going to do a solo trip

Here are my plans so far. I'm sure the park hours will change, so this is tentative. I also haven't had a PH in a very long time, but I will with the AP, so I'm getting used to planning for multiple parks in a day, lol. I've only just put this together so it is definitely subject to change!

- Boma b'fast
- AK for as long as I can before having to catch the ME

ydUsagQ4px8BVVD37[IMG]

I'm doing my ADR today and am wondering if I need to make them for Boma for breakfast? We've never stayed at AK and onsite breakfast is ideal for us.

I'm doing my ADR today and am wondering if I need to make them for Boma for breakfast? We've never stayed at AK and onsite breakfast is ideal for us.

This question has come up on the restaurants board and the consistent recommendation was to make the reservation. So I just did for our Boma breakfast. We're staying at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!