Feedback on Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs

tarheel618

DIS Veteran
We haven't eaten here for about 10 years. Looking for some recent feedback on the food?

Planning on going in March on our first night. What food do you recommend?

I searched the forums and I only found really old thread and didn't want to bring one back from the dead.

Opinions on Rainforest?

There aren't many (any?) restaurants at WDW that I would say are better now than they were 10 years ago and I would have to throw RFC into that group as well. So it's unlikely to measure up today to what you remember. Given that, it's not awful, the theming is interesting, and as long as you can handle the noise it's probably worth a visit. I think the food is all right and drinks are pretty good. Good luck!

My girls are 12 and 15. I think they would like it. I have Disney Springs RFC booked for our first night. I thought it would be fun to eat and explore Disney Springs afterwards. I should mention Im planning on eating for free (earning giftcards through swagbucks to cover dinner).

We haven't eaten at the DS one, but have eaten at the AK one 3 times.

I would describe it as decent food, decent service, fun atmosphere.

Food is your average mid level restaurant. We eat at the AK one as it's convenient when leaving the park and we've had good experiences there. At DS there's too many other choices to pick RFC when we've already been the the AK one multiple times.

Assuming the DS one is similar it should be fine if that's what you have your heart set on. However there are so many great new restaurants at DS I would rather try.

thanks- Im going to stick with my reservation. I really wanted T Rex but just cant seem to get a table. This is a free meal for us. Plan on trying other places at Disney springs but getting to eat for free is something I cant pass up.

T-Rex is a Landry's restaurant. Get a Landry's Select card and you won't even need a reservation - just show up and they will seat you. It costs $25 but then you get a $25 credit along with a birthday credit. The main perk is getting a table whenever you want without needing to make a reservation. You can also use the card at Rainforest.

T-Rex is a Landry's restaurant. Get a Landry's Select card and you won't even need a reservation - just show up and they will seat you. It costs $25 but then you get a $25 credit along with a birthday credit. The main perk is getting a table whenever you want without needing to make a reservation. You can also use the card at Rainforest.

Oh good to know. Do they also take Landry gift cards?

thanks- Im going to stick with my reservation. I really wanted T Rex but just cant seem to get a table. This is a free meal for us. Plan on trying other places at Disney springs but getting to eat for free is something I cant pass up.
Have you called the restaurant directly to try to reserve? (407) 828-8739 Trex is difficult to book through the disney site but you can usually get a reservation by calling.

We haven't eaten here for about 10 years. Looking for some recent feedback on the food?

Planning on going in March on our first night. What food do you recommend?

I searched the forums and I only found really old thread and didn't want to bring one back from the dead.

Opinions on Rainforest?
We had a really good meal at Rainforest Cafe in AK. I don't remember what we ordered but we were all pleasantly surprised. Oh, my daughter just reminded me we got the shrimp and steak. I don't exactly remember why we thought it was so good, but I do remember us all saying that it was really good.

We had a really good meal at Rainforest Cafe in AK. I don't remember what we ordered but we were all pleasantly surprised. Oh, my daughter just reminded me we got the shrimp and steak. I don't exactly remember why we thought it was so good, but I do remember us all saying that it was really good.

Yeah I just asked my two girls which they would prefer T Rex or rainforest? Told them I was taking a SB poll. both said RF so we will stick with it. Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience.

Our meal there 20 years ago was so bad, we've never been back to that location. We did go to the one at AK and it wasn't much better. We also did the one at Downtown Disney at Disneyland and it was also pretty bad. Service was terrible, my husband was served a drink with a chunk of plastic in it and our food wasn't very good.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the OP was looking for experiences a little more recent than 20 years ago...lol.

OP, You'll find the "bad" restaurant experiences on DIS are greatly exaggerated. The food is decent, it's not fine dining, but decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter