Feet Don’t Fail Me Now!

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Hello everyone! It’s me, Jen again!

I am here to tell you about my most recent trip (Feb. 2017) to Universal Orlando. Once again this is another work trip and I had several co-workers joining me this round. We really have a great bunch to work with and any trip with them is always fun.

For those that don’t know me, I am Jennifer, a wife to a dairy farmer (Skip), mother to 3 (most of you know Claire, my youngest) and a grandmother to 1…soon to be 2!

I am very lucky as my job can take me to new destinations and I am able to try new things. Since I like to travel, this is a huge perk for me. Skip is not always a fan of my traveling, so I am not able to do every opportunity available, but he puts up with it a few times a year…usually!

This trip took place Feb. 22 – March 1, 2017. The actual Universal event started on Feb. 26, with most of my co-workers arriving on the 25, which meant I had a few extra days.

A little background on my planning……

Originally when this was announced, my co-worker and good friend, Cass, quickly contacted me and asked if I would be her roommate. Sure thing! We have roomed together a few times now and we get along fabulously! I really consider her one of my best friends…even though she lives way across the country…well not even that…she lives in another Country!

After a bit Cass decided that she wasn’t going to be able to make it. A lot was going on and to make it work would just be too hard at this point. I was disappointed, but I knew I would have a good time still as I really enjoy all my co-workers.

My co-worker Lenora had asked me as well if I would be her roommate if she went and at the time I told her Cass had already asked. I let her know that Cass was no longer going and if she still planned to go and hadn’t hooked up with anyone yet, I would love to room with her….and it all worked out from there. Lenora and I understand each other in ways others can’t…because she too is a wife of a dairy farmer!

I made my plans and got some really cheap flights on points through SW. I was going to fly in Feb. 25 and then fly home March 2. Well you know me and I can’t keep well enough alone.

I found out that Carnival was offering a ship tour on the 25th and I really thought that would be a great thing to do while down there. Unfortunately it was booked up by the time I took the plunge. However, I contacted Norwegian and asked if I could do a ship inspection on the NCL Epic which also would be in port that day. I was told that my name was put in (along with Lenora’s) but they wouldn’t have a definite yes till the Wed. before, though highly likely it would be approved.

I changed my flight then because I would need to be there early Sat. (25th) for the ship inspection if that worked out. And I knew that if it didn’t I could still find something to do.

When looking at flights, Friday’s flight was just too high….after all I had gotten a steal for the Sat. flight….so I worked my way back and Wed had even a cheaper flight! OK, I will come in late Wed. then!

I then booked an offsite hotel for very cheap near Disney and a rental car for those few days. I decided I would go to Universal on my own on Thursday now. The original plan was I would take a day for myself on March 1st after our training ended…..but now that I was coming in early I might as well do a full day.

And then after thinking it over, I changed my return flight to Wed, March 1. The flight was pretty much the same price so it was easy to do.

As for Friday…I was going to leave that up to fate. I researched a few options to do in Orlando that would be different and I decided instead of planning every moment I would just decide that day. …I know…it’s so scary!!!!

Lenora also changed her arrival flight to come in on Friday night so she could do the ship tour with me…if all worked out. I told her I had a room already and a rental car, so I could pick her up when she arrived.

Ok…things are all set!

Please join me as I relive this wonderful week….and all the ups and downs…..You know with me, I tell it like it is. There are usually some downs, but the ups usually outweigh those!

mardi11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yay! :yay: A new report!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! I would love to get back to Universal someday if I get to plan a longer Disney trip. There just isn't time to add in US into a week long WDW trip, for me anyway.

Hope the ship tour works out.

Wow! Am I first?? I don't think I have ever been first reply on a TR before! :cool1:

Always enjoy your reports Jen.......looking forward to this one, it sounds fabulous!

Sounds like a real fun bunch to go on a trip with.........:thumbsup2

Great, a new trip report to read! :flower: I was in Disney the same time as you were. For us it was Mardi Gras break. The one day we visited Universal the place was empty. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Yay! :yay: A new report!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! I would love to get back to Universal someday if I get to plan a longer Disney trip. There just isn't time to add in US into a week long WDW trip, for me anyway.

Hope the ship tour works out.

Wow! Am I first?? I don't think I have ever been first reply on a TR before! :cool1:

Thanks for joining!!!
I really love Universal and I could spend a week there as well.

Yay for being first!

I am here! Can't miss one of your reports. :goodvibes

Thanks Karin!

Always enjoy your reports Jen.......looking forward to this one, it sounds fabulous!

Sounds like a real fun bunch to go on a trip with.........:thumbsup2

Thanks for stopping in. We do have a great bunch. I will be sailing with 2 from this trip (well actually 3 as I meet up with another at one point) later this month and I can't wait to see them again.

Sign me up...can't wait for another of your reports:rainbow:

Thanks!

Great, a new trip report to read! :flower: I was in Disney the same time as you were. For us it was Mardi Gras break. The one day we visited Universal the place was empty. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

You were lucky....It was pretty darn busy while I was there though it slowed down by the end of my trip.

Feb. 22, 2017, Day 1, Wednesday

I typically like to fly on Southwest airlines and to get it direct, my best choice is out of Columbus. It is about a 2 ½ hour drive, but I really don’t mind it at all.

My flight was at 4:20, so instead of driving to my sister’s house the day before like I often do, I just drove down that morning and straight to the airport.

I took Claire to school that morning and gave her hugs and kisses and told her I would call as much as I could.

I finished the last minute packing, pulling my driver’s license and credit and debit cards out of my main wallet so I would have those with me, along with some business cards. As I was finishing up, Skip came in to say good bye and totally kept distracting me. I double checked I had my wallet packed in my carryon bag and then I put my cross over purse in my checked luggage so I would have it later when needed. I loaded the car up and headed off!

I always make a stop at a McDonalds just about halfway down for a potty break and a diet coke to keep me going and after that I continued on. I don’t often drive to the airport myself, so I had the gps set…and it had me turn, but you know how they are….there are like 2 roads you could turn on and it doesn’t always specify or the name they say is not what is on the sign….well I made a wrong turn. It rerouted me and told me to take this shorter route…which had a stop light at every block…so it was slow going, but I finally made it to the airport.

This time I approached the airport from a different direction so that confused me a bit too and I had to make a circle to find the parking lot I was looking for to park in for the week.

Once I got parked, I took a picture of the area I was parked and the bus stop as well so I would remember next week when I came back. Last Oct. I wasn’t so smart and had to do a little walking around before I found the right row.

I dragged my bags to the shuttle stop and a bus soon came and whisked me and my bags away to the SouthWest terminal. I checked my bag in outside and rolled my carryon in to go through security.

cmh1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I have global entry, which means I usually get TSA pre-check as well and I headed to that line. Honestly, both lines were the same. Columbus rarely has a line for security, but I still feel important going through that line.

I headed to Starbucks and got a drink and snack and settled in till it was close to boarding time and then I did a quick dash to the bathroom before it was time to line up.

Everything was on time and soon I was in my seat waiting to fly.

cmh2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we go!

I saw a plane in the distance and tried to take a picture…not very good at all.

cmh3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now the Captain told us we were going to be in for a very rough flight. It was storming on the way down and in Florida as well. He informed us that the seatbelt sign would probably be on most of the flight and that snacks and drinks may be delayed. We did have a few rough patches but I have had much worse and I think it was really a lot less than what they thought it would be.

As we came into Florida you see that it had been raining but we were greeted with a rainbow.

cmh4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cmh5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And when we landed the rain had appeared to have stopped. I headed out and made my way to baggage claim but nothing was coming yet so I went outside where it was beautiful. It was starting to get dark, but the weather was warm and it felt fabulous.

I went back in a few times to check on the bags but they seem to take forever and I noticed a few others from my flight outside too…all commenting on how the bags were taking so long. Eventually they did come out though and I grabbed mine and headed off to Alamo.

Here is one of the Universal desks that you check into when using their transportation.

mco1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So I get in line at Alamo and wait my turn. I then go up and check in and start going through my wallet….no license. OMG! What am I going to do? I totally started panicking. I asked if my passport would work and he said no. I know I grabbed it this morning…where the heck did I put it? He told me I could go look some more and that the car would still be here if I found it. OK…..but my mind was racing. I was about to cry. How could I have forgotten my license? I wondered if it was at home if Claire could send a picture of it and if that would work? Hmmm….I know I took it though….I just know I did…and also my debit card….which is NOT in the wallet either.

I call Claire and have her look through my purse and wallet at home and she says neither are there. OK, I was right, I knew I grabbed it….and business cards…which I put in my cross body purse, which I packed! I quickly open my suitcase up and grab the purse and pull out the business cards….and there mixed in with them was my license and debit card. Thank the LORD!!!!

And I know how it happened….remember Skip came in while I was finishing up, so I must have just thrown it all in that purse when he came in and then without thinking, I threw it in my suitcase.

Such a sigh of relief! I was so worried I would be relying on taxis and Uber to get me anywhere for the next few days.

I headed back to the Alamo desk and now got officially checked in and then out to get my car.

I stop and showed my paperwork and the guy tells me to hold on as he has to go look. I have reserved an economy type car. I didn’t need anything too big. It was just me for most of the time. Another person asks if I need help and I told him the guy went to look for a car and she says no, he went to help someone else. Another employee backs me up and says he is looking for me. This other employee insists he isn’t…..so she calls him and he says he was helping both of us, but he can’t find any economy cars with Enterprise either. So they send me off and tell me I can pick anything from these 2 aisles. OK….4 door pick up trucks. NO WAY! I don’t want to drive a 4 door pick up truck in an unfamiliar area. I reserved something somewhat small for a reason. UGH!

Oh…and my other choices….12 passenger vans. I would do the truck over that. Then I spot a minivan and beeline over to it. Just as I arrive and push the back door open for my luggage I see another couple had been coming from another direction to it…YES! I scored! Hahahaha. Well I did feel bad, but I was glad I got there first. I did see they found an SUV, so I guess that was better than a truck too.

I set my gps and head out to get in line to check out so I can get on the road.. I get in line and see another line is shorter so I move over and literally as I get positioned in the line, he turns the light out and tells me that the lane is closed. What a jerk. He wasn’t even nice about it. I back up and make my way back to the original line and of course now it is much longer too.

My nerves were on end. Travel day is always stressful for me. I always have a bundle of nerves as I just want to be at my hotel and I really have to relax and make myself focus. It happens almost every single time to me.

Ok. I am out and on my way….and the rain has returned in full force…torrential downpour. I hate driving in that kind of weather at the best of times, but when you are in an unfamiliar vehicle and you don’t know where all the knobs are make it so much worse. Of course, on top of that there is all the toll booths.

Now something I learned since I have been home is that Alamo has an auto opt in system and I could have just gone through and they would have charged the tolls and a small fee to my bill. I really wish I had known that before as it was such a pain going through tolls for those few days. I would have gladly paid the fee.

I am now debating getting myself a sunpass transponder so that I don’t have to worry about it ever again and it won’t matter which rental company I use.

I slowly made my way to my Hotel, which was the Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossing. I knew it was pretty new as when I used google maps to look at it, it just showed a construction site. My fingers were wrapped around the steering wheel so tight..and I finally got off the expressway, which totally had me in a bundle of nerves and onto Disney property. Wow…I never realized how dark some of those roads were at night. I didn’t want to go too fast as I wasn’t sure where I was going, but I swear every turn I made I got behind a slow bus or a slow construction vehicle. It really was a ride from hell.

Finally I arrived at Springhill Suites and such a sigh of relief!....and it was still pouring.

I ran in and checked in quickly and got my keys and drove around the back to find a parking spot. The lot was pretty full and I found later that they do not have enough parking for this resort and it is also connected to the Towneplace Suites, which uses the same lot.

I sloshed through the rain with my luggage and headed in the back door and up the elevator to my room. I saw a family who said they had been at Disney today and they were soaking wet. It sounds like it had rained most of the day.

I found my room and dropped off my bags and looked at myself in a mirror….drenched rat! There was no hope of fixing myself up at all. I was starving at this point and I just wanted to get some food. My original plan was that I would probably head to Disney Springs to get something to eat tonight, but I ended up getting to my hotel later than I expected and the rain….well I wasn’t stupid….it would be raining there too.

I quickly took some room pictures.

spring6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The TV was set so that you could move it to see in the living area or in the bedroom but if you were in the far bed it would be really hard to see. They really should have had a second TV for the bedroom area.

spring11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It did have a nice sized closet.

spring17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I settled for the hotel bar that had food. I made my way to the lobby and took some quick pictures and then asked where the restaurant was.

spring18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They serve a complimentary breakfast here each morning too….except the hours were kind of weird and I thought they should open earlier for those going to the parks.

spring22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

…..and outside through the pool area (still raining) and over to the building that had the bar.

spring24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I bellied up to the bar.

spring26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My first order of business was this!

spring1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was so hungry and had big eyes. I think I ordered chicken wings and fries…and I think a quesadilla. While I waited I drank my beer and talked to Skip to let him know I arrived and how bad the weather was. I am pretty sure I could hear him smiling. I really think he is excited when the weather is not good for me.

I took a picture of myself and sent it to Cass and my Friend J so they could see how awful I looked….it got deleted so sorry…no pic for you.

Once the food came, I took my food bags up to my room and set it down so I could take some more quick pictures…and get my wet rain coat off!

spring2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was no tub in this room, but I did hear a lady at the desk later come back down asking to be moved to one that had a tub, so they do have them.

spring4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then I chowed down and couldn’t even eat half the food I had gotten.

Now I don’t usually work much when I am traveling as it is just too hard and I know I can’t give my clients my best service. I did have someone who asked if I could help with something that day and I did say yes if it was in the morning before I left. Unfortunately it didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped and I was in contact with them throughout the day when possible. Finally at 10 pm I just had to call it a night. I had issues connecting to the wifi as well and it was driving me bonkers. The rest would have to wait as I was too tired. I had told them that if I couldn’t get it done that morning it would have to wait till Friday anyways and it was nothing of super importance….just I was doing a little extra for them. I typically have a backup person who can handle things for me when needed but this was something I didn’t want to burden her with.

I do think from now on I will stick to my guns though and not offer these extra things as it comes back to bite me. Had the day gone well it would have been not much issue, but with it being much longer than anticipated and the soaking rain on top of that, I was just mentally and physically drained.

I called Claire at some point too to see how her day was and to make sure everything was going well.

Lenora and I had also been in contact. I believe we did finally get the email that said we were approved to tour the Epic on Sat. Lenora emailed back to ask exactly what we do to check in etc….and really we got very general and generic info, but we figured we would keep asking till we found where to be.

I got ready for bed and laid in the bed closest to the TV and watched it a bit before I went to sleep.

Wow! What a travel day! Sorry about the rain - nothing worse than having to haul your luggage through a rainstorm.
Your room looks very nice, did you share it with your friend?

Looking forward to your ship's tour.

Yeah for another trip report! Sorry about the rain and hoping it clears up for the rest of the trip.

Wow! What a travel day! Sorry about the rain - nothing worse than having to haul your luggage through a rainstorm.
Your room looks very nice, did you share it with your friend?

Looking forward to your ship's tour.

Yes, Lenora came in 2 days later and just stayed with me that night. I got such a fabulous deal on the room and there was no reason for her to get another one.

The rain was just awful and I worried it would be a bad omen for the trip, but luckily the weather was good the rest of the time.

I love to tour ships...but always sad to have to get off.

Feb. 23, 2017, Day 2, Thursday

I set my alarm so I would get up pretty early and possibly take care of a little work that didn’t get finished last night and to also get breakfast before my day started…but I was moving a bit slowly today.

I got showered and tackled just a small portion but I knew I really didn’t have time, so I gave up on it since I knew I really didn’t have to have it done till Friday.

Once dressed I headed down to breakfast, but decided I should get an outside picture first.

spring32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

See this slanted roof…that is the view I had directly out my window…..no view at all, but that was fine as I wasn’t here for a view.

spring33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed back in and took some pictures and got some food.

spring28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had a nice selection for it being free. They had a waffle station too where you could make a Mickey waffle. I got that the next day.

spring30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time was ticking away and I was already running late for park opening, so I quickly ate and got on the road. I swear each time I visit Orlando the traffic gets worse and every crazy driver was out this morning. I did finally arrive and got parked up and did my best speed walk (which is not really that fast these days) and headed to the security check.

univ35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then on through City Walk.

univ16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And over to Universal Studios.

univ17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was already pretty crowded today.

univ38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had to go over to the right side and pick up my ticket and that went pretty quickly and luckily the line to get in the park went pretty fast.

Hello Universal!!!!

univ19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had some celebrities greeting us this morning too.

univ20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was on a mission though….I needed a Simpsons fix!

univ21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The line was pretty short and soon I was waiting to board my vehicle.

univ39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took this video because Skip loves watching Apu as he waits his turn to talk.

I believe I took a quick spin on Men in Black next.

univ25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then off the Diagon Alley.

univ40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Where I arrived just in time to see the Dragon blow fire.

univ1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got in the single rider line for Gringots. It was listed as 30 minutes and that is pretty long for that line so I knew the park was going to be pretty busy today. It did take pretty much all of that 30 minutes to get there too, but I do love this ride.

After that I needed a Butter Beer!

univ26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a snack!

univ42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got a scoop of blonde brownie and salted caramel. YUM! I had been dying to try this place out and it was always so busy in the past but the line wasn’t too bad this morning.

I then left Diagon Alley in search of other rides. Since I was staying offsite I did not have express pass today so I would have to either do single rider lines or wait in the regular line.

univ28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Well done so far, Jen. I think we need to plan on going to UO in the near future again, since some of the areas do not look familiar to me at all, that said, we have not been since before Harry Potter opened.

Are those metal detectors at the entrance to City Walk? Looks pretty clever to let everyone go through one.

Breakfast looked a bit small, was that all you had? The breakfast room itself and the buffet looked quite spacious though.

Checking in.

and a grandmother to 1…soon to be 2!

Oh, that had completely bypassed me. Congratulations.

My co-worker Lenora had asked me as well if I would be her roommate if she went and at the time I told her Cass had already asked. I let her know that Cass was no longer going and if she still planned to go and hadn’t hooked up with anyone yet, I would love to room with her….and it all worked out from there. Lenora and I understand each other in ways others can’t…because she too is a wife of a dairy farmer!

I am glad that worked out.

I found out that Carnival was offering a ship tour on the 25th and I really thought that would be a great thing to do while down there. Unfortunately it was booked up by the time I took the plunge. However, I contacted Norwegian and asked if I could do a ship inspection on the NCL Epic which also would be in port that day. I was told that my name was put in (along with Lenora’s) but they wouldn’t have a definite yes till the Wed. before, though highly likely it would be approved.

How nice that you were able to slot in a ship visit. I will have my first one next week and I am so excited.

Here is one of the Universal desks that you check into when using their transportation.

I had not realised that they offered this.

I then go up and check in and start going through my wallet….no license.

Oh no. I am sure you could have done without this. I am glad that this all got resolved.

OK….4 door pick up trucks. NO WAY! I don’t want to drive a 4 door pick up truck in an unfamiliar area. I reserved something somewhat small for a reason. UGH!

Oh…and my other choices….12 passenger vans.

That is utterly ridiculous.

It was already pretty crowded today.

That definitely looks very different from when we were there in November.

I believe I took a quick spin on Men in Black next.

I love that ride.

Corinna

Just saying hi :wave2: I've actually read all of your trip reports but probably never posted. Love them all, your pictures are great and I love how honest you are with everything - thanks! I often call my husband over and show him something from your pictures.

Well done so far, Jen. I think we need to plan on going to UO in the near future again, since some of the areas do not look familiar to me at all, that said, we have not been since before Harry Potter opened.

I really love how well they have done the Potter areas. You really feel like you are there. It really put Universal on the map. Now I have gone a few times before and we always had a good time, but it truly is a destination now.

Are those metal detectors at the entrance to City Walk? Looks pretty clever to let everyone go through one.

Yes!!!! It's so wonderful as you only go through then and then you are done. They have them at each hotel transportation option (getting on the boats) or also if you walk from the hotel there are ones right before you enter City Walk from there. And then you can go back and forth between the parks without hassle. Disney is starting to add them to the monorail resorts now to make it run a little faster too.

Breakfast looked a bit small, was that all you had? The breakfast room itself and the buffet looked quite spacious though.

I think I also got a bagel and something else. LOL. I know I was full when I left. And they had good juice!

Oh, that had completely bypassed me. Congratulations.

Yep! She is due in Oct as well...the 7th I believe, though she has had it changed once or twice....but around then and Gracie's b-day is the 8th, so they will be truly 3 years apart. She is having a girl...and currently the name choice is Ella.

I am glad that worked out.

I was happy when Lenora said she still didn't have a roommate, though really rooming with any of the girls would have been fine. I like them all.

How nice that you were able to slot in a ship visit. I will have my first one next week and I am so excited.

How exciting...which ship are you visiting? I just love doing tours...if I can't sail. 3 weeks from today I head down to Florida and then 3 weeks from Wed I will be back on the Fantasy. I don't want to wish my summer away....but I can't wait!

I had not realised that they offered this.

It's kind of newer. You used to check in at the store and now they have 2 desks in the lower level near the Hertz counters. It does cost to use their transportation, but for some it is totally worth it not to have a vehicle. (You do pay for resort parking at Universal as well)

Oh no. I am sure you could have done without this. I am glad that this all got resolved.

I was in total panic mode. If I was advising someone else I would have been fine...but myself....my brain went in a fog. LOL. I am so glad I found everything.

That is utterly ridiculous.

I don't know why they book cars if they don't have them in stock. And who wants to drive a big van or pick up truck if they didn't ask for one to begin with.

That definitely looks very different from when we were there in November.

It was a race weekend and it was so busy. By the time I left for home things really did thin out quite a bit.

I love that ride.

I do too. It is such a fun ride. Our VIP tour guide gave us tips...and of course I can't remember them all now...but I did worse when trying to follow them. But I told him my high score...being proud as I usually do well...or thought I did and his was eons away from mine. Mine was a day when he wasn't even trying. hahahaa.

Just saying hi :wave2: I've actually read all of your trip reports but probably never posted. Love them all, your pictures are great and I love how honest you are with everything - thanks! I often call my husband over and show him something from your pictures.

HI!!!! I am so glad you finally spoke up. Please post! I like to know what people think when I write these up.

Next stop….the Mummy!

univ30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Jimmy’s new ride wasn’t open yet but I took a picture. Right after I came home, of course, they started doing test rides and one of my friends was able to get on.

univ43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Blue’s Brothers were out today too.

univ44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And on to Transformers.

univ47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hi Shrek!

univ48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then made a stop and got a pretzel to eat and while eating I spotted the penguins out.

univ50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe I made a stop and rode ET at some point too. I took video of the ride but it’s pretty dark.

univ51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And time to head over to Islands of Adventure via the Hogwarts Express.

univ34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it was crowded!!!

univ55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stopped off for a butter beer….I love this stuff.

univ56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I rode forbidden journey a couple of times via the single rider line.

univ57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also did a first for me….I rode the Dragon Challenge….both sides! I believe I liked the blue side better….whichever side you go left to ride…that’s the one I liked better. The walk back there is far….really far and you can have NOTHING on you…no cell phones, no change, no wallets….nothing! You go through a security scanner once you get closer so if you have something you will have to walk all the way back to the front and to the lockers. If you want to ride again though they have a cut through where you cross over and it is right back at the security spot. I wish you could forgo security that second time though. I can see why not though as there is a look out spot near the cross over so I guess technically others could try to come in who have not been through security.

I also watched the frog chorus for a bit.

Video

And then through Jurassic Park.

univ7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I wanted to check out how long the Kong ride was since it is still pretty new and I have yet to ride it.

univ15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The wait was 70 minutes.

univ8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

No thank you…I will have express pass in a few days so I will ride it then.

univ60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Watched this for a bit.

Video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!