Ferrytale Dessert & Fireworks Cruise

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

I'm looking at booking the Ferrytale Dessert & Fireworks Cruise for part of my *solo* trip this weekend. Has anyone done this? Was it fun? How many adult beverages do they provide? I'll be honest, I'm not big on Disney desserts so the drinks would be the main draw for me. Is anyone else going December 10th? Thanks!

ETA: It's this or the Highway in the Sky dine around monorail thing. So any input between the two would be really appreciated! Again, I'll be solo, if that affects it. :)

I did this last year with my sister and we had a pretty good time. The dessert selection was decent enough, though the "unlimited" nature seemed to be more important than the actual quality. As far as drinks, there was champagne, wine, beer, and spiked lemonade (in addition to the typical coffee, soda and water options). There didn't seem to be a limit on how many you could have (I think I had six, though I'd imagine they'd cut someone off if they got drunkenly unruly), but you could only get one at a time. The view for the fireworks was amazing and worth the price to me, but I've never done Highway in the Sky to compare.

Overall, the cruise was a good enough experience, though I'm not sure I would've wanted to do it solo -- and I'm normally the kind of person who's fine doing just about anything at WDW solo.

I did this last year with my sister and we had a pretty good time. The dessert selection was decent enough, though the "unlimited" nature seemed to be more important than the actual quality. As far as drinks, there was champagne, wine, beer, and spiked lemonade (in addition to the typical coffee, soda and water options). There didn't seem to be a limit on how many you could have (I think I had six, though I'd imagine they'd cut someone off if they got drunkenly unruly), but you could only get one at a time. The view for the fireworks was amazing and worth the price to me, but I've never done Highway in the Sky to compare.

Overall, the cruise was a good enough experience, though I'm not sure I would've wanted to do it solo -- and I'm normally the kind of person who's fine doing just about anything at WDW solo.
Thanks so much for the info! I was worried it wouldn't be a super fun activity for a solo traveler. I decided to do Highway in the Sky - that way I won't feel like I need to eat desserts to get my money's worth, and I won't be freezing, haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!