Final Deposit Due soon - what to do

Ok so I’m scheduled to go on the 7/25 Rhine and final payment is due next week. Obviously I’m concerned about whether the trip will go at all, And whether things are marginal and the trip goes on anyway. Not sure whether I’m comfortable paying in full now given what’s going on or just cancelling and transferring the deposit to a future trip. Thoughts - any rumors about ABD being more flexible on timing of payments to give more time as they are offering more flexibility through Mid May

Ok so I’m scheduled to go on the 7/25 Rhine and final payment is due next week. Obviously I’m concerned about whether the trip will go at all, And whether things are marginal and the trip goes on anyway. Not sure whether I’m comfortable paying in full now given what’s going on or just cancelling and transferring the deposit to a future trip. Thoughts - any rumors about ABD being more flexible on timing of payments to give more time as they are offering more flexibility through Mid May
You may want to check with ABD. Someone reported in this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/travel-changes.3793682/page-40#post-61694224 that ABD is allowing people to postpone their PIF dates by 30 days. Check if it applies to you.

Sayhello

There was a post on the trip changes thread which someone has just spoke to ABD, and they are delaying PIF dates for 30 days. I'm trying to find out if this is actually the case as I'm in the same situations as you.

We were booked on the 7/11 Danube River Cruise and our PIF was a few days ago. We decided last minute (the day of PIF) to switch to the Arizona/Utah trip instead. Not sure we’ll even be able to go on that trip, but we weren’t comfortable going to Europe this summer. We also have the Food and Wine Rhine River Cruise coming up in October but haven’t made any decisions with that one yet.

I posted this on the Travel Changes thread as well. I called today as my SoCal ABD PIF is in a few days and ABD said they are allowing guests booked on trips through August to postpone PIF for 30 days. The vacationista then sent me an updated confirmation that shows my new pay-by date which is now in late April instead of in a few days. She also said they would allow me one courtesy change to my dates before my PIF date if I want to push the trip to a later date. I was very appreciative as this gives me another month to figure out what to do with the trip. Hopefully we will all have a little more clarity of what is possible in terms of travel this summer by then.

Here is the official PIF extension announcement from ABD for summer adventures:

Beginning March 19, 2020, a final payment extension will be automatically added to all reservations for adventures departing July 15 and August 31, 2020.

Final Payments will be extended out an additional 30 days.

Example: A departure with a final payment due today, March 19, 2020, will be extended to April 18, 2020.

• The deposit payment will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15+ days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation
  • With this extension, final payment is due 90 days before Adventure start

Here is the official PIF extension announcement from ABD for summer adventures:

Beginning March 19, 2020, a final payment extension will be automatically added to all reservations for adventures departing July 15 and August 31, 2020.

Final Payments will be extended out an additional 30 days.

Example: A departure with a final payment due today, March 19, 2020, will be extended to April 18, 2020.

• The deposit payment will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15+ days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation
  • With this extension, final payment is due 90 days before Adventure start
Wish they would extend to September. My trip to China is in that month and PIF is in May

Wish they would extend to September. My trip to China is in that month and PIF is in May
Ours barely makes the cutoff. We're taking the 8/30 China departure. I'm honestly still not sure if the trip will still go or not but the extra 30 days is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!