Final options for ADRs

jf256

Mouseketeer
Hi All;

My ADR date is coming up and just want to see what peoples opinion of this is.

A bit of history

I got really stressed out a few months ago with the planning but I think I am just going to book quite a few and if i need to move or cancel ones AH and other information pops up.. then so be it!

Overview of our stay

We are staying at AKL in a Savannah Room from 23rd September to the 3rd October. 2 of us. One Egg Allergy but other than that will eat anything not a fan of sunday roasts though. One person who is no longer a fussy eater (he will try my food or eat whatever at home) but wouldnt order anything exotic himself have a basic breakfast, some sort of burger at lunch and fillet steak at dinner. We have the DXDP. Upgraded from UK free dining.Neither of us drink alcohol but both have coffee instead of blood. We have UK tickets 14 nights for 7 night cost. So can go to a park anytime with no problem.

Prior to Disney we are staying at MCO one night befors doing a three night halloween on the high seas on the dream and going to universal for 2 nights. We will likely not be arriving at Disney until about 6pm the first night because we want to make the most of our time in universal. Food wise we are planning margheritaville and chocolate emporium.

It is our first time at disneyworld but we frequent the UK parks and know our holiday style quite well. We like table service meals at least twice a day.
Food is an important part of our holidays.

ADRs and Likely Itinerary

23rd September: Arrival

Potential Sanaa lunch if we do leave Universal a bit early.
8pm: Jiko (2)
24th September: MK
1130am: Tonys Parade View (1)
530pm: BOG (2)
+Happily Ever After Dessert Party. (No DDP) After Firework
25th September: HS and Epcot
1pm: Garden Grill (1)
7pm: La Hacienda (1)
26th September: AK
1pm: Tiffins FOTLK Package (2)
8pm: Dinner Boma (1)
27th September: Resort Hop/DS and MNSSHP
1030: Cali Grill Brunch (2)
QS meal / Snacks at MNSSHP
28th September: Resort Day / Waterpark
9am: Boma Breakfast (1)
6pm: Story Book Dine / Ohana(1)
29th September: HS and Epcot
Lunch food and wine booths
8pm: Flying Fish (2)
30th September: AK/ Disney Springs
1030am: Tusker House (1)
19:00 Jaleo (2)
1st October: HS and Epcot
1pm: Beaches and Cream
8pm: Yachtsman SteakHouse (2)
2nd October: MK
1130: Cinderellas Royal Table (2)
7pm: Cali Grill (2)
3rd October: Disney Springs (Flight at 7pm- So likely 3pm pick up)
11.30 Morimoto Asia (1) or Sanaa if we do not want to go DS

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
the 24th is way way too close together.
11:30 lunch won’t be done til at least 12:30. 3 course meal followed by a signature dinner at 4pm.

I think your brunch is to close to Ohana. You won’t be done w brunch til around noon. 4 hours later another alo you can eat fest. That would be pushing it for a competitive eater

flying fish is a signature also, need to update that to 2 credits

I’m loving your choices. My only suggestion would be to potentially add more DS options. Have a wonderful holiday

Hi All;

My ADR date is coming up and just want to see what peoples opinion of this is.

A bit of history

I got really stressed out a few months ago with the planning but I think I am just going to book quite a few and if i need to move or cancel ones AH and other information pops up.. then so be it!

Overview of our stay

We are staying at AKL in a Savannah Room from 23rd September to the 3rd October. 2 of us. One Egg Allergy but other than that will eat anything not a fan of sunday roasts though. One person who is no longer a fussy eater (he will try my food or eat whatever at home) but wouldnt order anything exotic himself have a basic breakfast, some sort of burger at lunch and fillet steak at dinner. We have the DXDP. Neither of us drink alcohol but both have coffee instead of blood.

Prior to Disney we are staying at MCO one night befors doing a three night halloween on the high seas on the dream and going to universal for 2 nights. We will likely not be arriving at Disney until about 6pm the first night because we want to make the most of our time in universal. Food wise we are planning margheritaville and chocolate emporium.

It is our first time at disneyworld but we frequent the UK parks and know our holiday style quite well. We like table service meals at least twice a day.
Food is an important part of our holidays.

ADRs and Likely Itinerary

23rd September: Arrival

8pm: Jiko (2)
24th September: MK
1130am: Tonys Parade View (1)
4pm: BOG (2)
+Happily Ever After Dessert Party. (No DDP)
25th September: HS and Epcot
1pm: Garden Grill (1)
7pm: La Hacienda (1)
26th September: AK
1pm: Tiffins FOTLK Package (2)
8pm: Dinner Boma (1)
4pm: Ohana (1)
10am: Boma Breakfast (1)
6pm: Story Book Dine (1)
29th September: HS and Epcot
8pm: Flying Fish (1)
30th September: AK/ Disney Springs
1030am: Tusker House (1)
19:00 Jaleo (2)
1st October: HS and Epcot
8am: Yachtsman SteakHouse (2)
2nd October: MK
1130: Cinderellas Royal Table (2)
7pm: Cali Grill (2)
3rd October: Disney Springs (Flight at 7pm- So likely 3pm pick up)
11.30 Morimoto Asia (1)

Thank you in advance

I think some of your meals are too close together. September 24, for instance and September 27 - if you want to explore DS at all that day, you won't really have much time. On Oct. 1, I think you mean 8 pm for Yachtsman?

4pm: Ohana (1)

You can get into the MK at 4pm with your Halloween party ticket. The super popular characters like 7 Dwarfs and Jack & Sally come out early before the official party start.

10am: Boma Breakfast (1)
6pm: Story Book Dine (1)

Also waterparks open at 10am. It’s best to be there for rope drop so lines slides are shorter so maybe move breakfast more around 7:30 or 8 am.

Yeah i did think that the 24th and 27th might pose the biggest problems. I will have a think and probably either storybook dine or ohana.

I will try and get a later time for BOG dinner. Will have to fiddle a bit see what to do. I am thinking about maybe doing the after hour HEA party so we wont be as full. At tonys we will probably eat quite light anyway may share a dessert and will have a salad for appetiser etc.

Many thanks everyone!!

You said you’re on the Deluxe Dining plan, then that’s an appetizer and dessert for each person for table service meals. Would the new Plus dining plan be a better fit? You are already losing some value of dining plan as non alcoholic drinker.

[/QUOTE]
You said you’re on the Deluxe Dining plan, then that’s an appetizer and dessert for each person for table service meals. Would the new Plus dining plan be a better fit? You are already losing some value of dining plan as non alcoholic drinker.

Hi,

I do prefer appetizers not desserts. I have also upgraded from Free Dining in the UK. We do not have ability to add Dining Plus yet even on new bookings. Because of the amount of signatures i dont think we would have enough credits. I cant remember exactly how much on top we spent i have it on a spreadsheet but if we got a couple of appetizers ocassionally even then we would not be worth dropping down.

Hi All,

Made the suggested changes to the itenary. I forgot about Beaches and Cream and Sanaa. I dont really have anywhere to fit them though so was going to leave Sanaa as a potential first or last day thing (if we get there early from Universal or if we dont fancy Disney Springs on the last day) we have a really good local indian so worst scenario we will just leave it.

Still debating the California Grill brunch and i cannt eat eggs and we do not drink thinking of maybe doing an early lunch in disney springs instead. Want to eat in a few different places so not sure if having dinner and brunch at the same restaurant is a waste.

So Tony’s is not very good food. BOG with the new prix fare is not really worth the two credits. You may want to rethink those unless you are tied to BOG and the parade.

Your days splitting Epcot and HS are really going to eat into your HS time and will spend a good amount of time traveling. You may be better off planning one in each park so you can do a split day.

There is allot of sit down dining each day so your park time will be cut down allot as many of those I’ll be two hour meals. Plus that is allot of food spaced close together some days.

Food and wine booths are a day long meal by themeselves. Lots of great food to eat. We just grazed our way around.

Thanks @MarkS2112 i will have a fiddle around. I think you might be right. I am thinking about dropping california brunch anyway so might do a lateish pbrown derby lunch and go to MNSSHP in the evening and do full epcot day on the 25th instead.

Fiddled a few things about. Got everything we wanted including California Grill Bruch although i will keep checking for a slightly earlier time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Ended up with dropping Ohana altogether. Figured due to my egg allergy wouldnt be able to have fhe bread pudding or the pineapple bread.. and I can have noodles and meat at home.

The most difficult ADR to get was Garden Grill no breakfast availability at all for 2 people. Then i remembered that at Ohana the boards recommended trying for a 4 or 3 and voila loads of availability... even managed to get a PPO. So something to consider.

Hoping that we are able to go. Im hopeful for late September but we will just have to wait and see what the situation is in June which is the last time i can cancel or change with the travel agents.

Yes, I would try for a Garden Grill breakfast. One of our faves. And I’m jealous of your California Grill brunch! Missed our ADR day!! And I would consider putting Ohana back in the mix. For one credit TS it really is dinner and a show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter