FINALLY! Good Deal on Minivan, but hurry!

sandyneck

DIS Veteran
In Sundays paper Dollar advertised minivans for $199.00 per week. You must rent for 5 consecutive days and you must go by 5/02. The code is GLOBE. I used it on the website but it did not work so if you want that price call dollar directly. You must book within the next 7 days to get this rate. Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for the info. I just called Dollar and they said the promotion ends at the end of March. I wanted to rent in April. Very frustrating. Please let me know if the newspaper did say till 5/02, I would love to quote a source! Thanks.

I have the paper right in front of me. It was in the Boston Globe on 2/10. It says IN BOLD LETTERS, Rates are valid through 5/31/02. PM me if you want me to fax you a copy of the ad. This is a HUGE ad, almost a whole half page. If they do not honor this, you may make mention of a call to the attorney generals office in your state. Hopefully the person you spoke to did not know about the promotion, but now that you have all the details, I do not see how they can not give you the price. I usually love Dollar and have used them many times, but this year their prices are outrageous for minivans and they finally come out with a decent price and will not honor it? Good luck, let me know how it goes.

lookingforward, you can use the rate code FVG at Dollars web site or call them to get the minivan for $209 a week in April using that code (if you can't get the $199 price).

RobinLyn :)

hey all, the rate code globe works on their website. I just plugged in for april 13-21 and it came up 199/week, plus 1 day

P4P

I thought I'd check out the deal at Dollar and see what the total would be.

I have seen your posts re: L&M, and I do have an L&M reservation for 179.99/week & 35.99/day (booked about 10 days ago). I should have booked earlier now that I see your price! But, I still have a good deal because it is now up to something like $249.99/week.

I am flying into Orlando on April 6th. I just called and spoke with a great Dollar rep who said that the GLOBE rate would not work because of an Easter blackout. She did find me the $199 rate using another code and said that a lot of agents will not look for the lowest price when you call. I was quoted a total of $550 for 15 days. I have a reservation with L&M for $169 a week for a total of about $440. Dollar has 2002 Chrysler vans. Does anyone know what L&M offers so I can decide? Any thoughts?

Looking forward, glad you got a good rate. Should have known Easter would be blocked out. I do not know if you have small children or not, but that is why I went with the Dollar minivan, it has integrated child seats so I do not have to bring my own or rent them. I had a res with L&M for 50.00 less but it wasnt worth the aggrevation of lugging car seats! People may post and say you are not guaranteed the integrated seats, but I have always gotten them.

Sandyneck-funny that you should mention the car seats! The Dollar rep told me that they have all new 2002 vans with the integrated seats and that made me make the reservation. She did mention that they are not guaranteed and offered to put a car seat on hold for me to rent in case there was none, so I said okay. But I have an integrated seat in my own van and I love it. Thanks for confirming what they told me..it always feels better to have someone on these boards give first hand info!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just knocked another $20 off my rental....any chance this might go even lower?????

Sandyneck, thanks for posting this code. I'm in the EXACT same situation as you. I have two toddlers who need car seats and the integral ones would be perfect (had them on our last trip and didn't know beforehand!!!!). Currently, I'm debating paying the $50 more to go with dollar just to not have to lug the carseats. If they don't have a van with the integrals, though, it will cost a pretty penny.:(

Decisions, decisions!!!;)

Sharon

lookingForward,
Do you have any idea what code she used to get you that rate over Easter?
I have called a few times with no luck at all.
Any info you have would be appreciated
thanks

njmomoftwo--this is sandyneck, you can use code fvg or fltvl to get a minivan over easter week for 219.99. Not quite as good as the 199.00, but if you can not get that this is almost as good, better than 419.00!! Good luck

Those codes don't work for my dates(3/28-4/5). The total fora van for those 8 days is 636.99 using either of those codes. I guess I 'll stick with my Budget full size for $ 221 that I reserved a few months ago. Thanks for trying

I put those codes in last nite for those dates and they worked, now this morning they are the prices you said. I would keep trying the codes. I got my minivan a month ago when no codes were working for March. I tried all the codes everyday. One day the globe code went thru for the 199.00 so I grabbed it. Later that day I checked back and the price was back up to 419.00. I don't know if it is a glitch in the system, or maybe someone cancels a reservation at the promo code and they put it back into the system. I was just happy I got it. Keep trying, I will try for you to. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter