Fire Alarm at Disney's Grand Californian

DisneyRREngr

Earning My Ears
Just leaving Disneyland resort after staying in a 1- bedroom villa at DGC DVC for 3 nights and DGC resort hotel for 2 nights. It was wonderful except for the fire alarm going off at 12:35am. Our kids (4,5 & 2) slept through the alarm. When we got outside there were about 1000 people under the front canopy, of course all in their PJ,s. Turned out to be an alarm on a kitchen boiler, no fire. Quite an experience to say the least. Has anyone else had this memory at the Grand Californian? I have read that this fire alarm is rather sensitive and has gone on several other occasions.

We had that happen to us last year when we were at SSR. It was around 5:30 in the morning, and fortunately a false alarm also. Only problem I had was that I had to disconnect from my dialysis machine before I could leave the room.

We were at AKV Kidani for a fire drill. We were outside for a long time, but it was during the day.

We also had a middle of the night one at the Dolphin, that one was a prank, not funny.

Happen to us once at BWV, only the fifth floor alarm went off. Yes, false alarm, but I had to carry my 5 yr old down 5 floors in the middle of the night. Still don't know what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter