• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks from RPR

IMGONNABE40!

<font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I
We will finally be at Universal for the fireworks after missing them by a few days on our last two trips. To make the trip even better, my mom and her husband will be driving up to meet us for a few days and we will all be staying at the RPR.

Unfortunately, mom is presently a chemo patient and will have limited energy to do a whole lot outside of the hotel environment. I would like us all to be able to watch the fireworks from my mom's room. I need input on where the best rooms are for watching the fireworks. Thank you.

That's great that your Mom will be joining you! I don't know about the rooms, but I'm sure that someone can help in that department.

Will you be renting an EVC? If not she might want to consider that since it would help her conserve her energy. She may still be too tuckered out for fireworks in the evening, but it should help her the rest of the day.

My sister and I are thinking of meeting our mother in Orlando next fall (she's never been), and want her rent an EVC. She's in good health in many ways, but she is 81yo with two hip replacements, and a possible hip reconstructive surgery in the near future. She's stubborn, though, and may not even consider the EVC.

Have fun with your Mom and her husband!

T&B

You can see the fireworks from any room that you can see the park out of your window. I can't remember what room, I think we were in 1426 or 1427, and had a great view of Islands of Adventure and the fireworks from our room.

Tower 1 facing IOA should give you a good view of fireworks. We were in 1252 last summer and could see the fireworks great even though we were only on the 2nd floor.

Thank you for the replies and good wishes.

T&B My mom has the same stubborn thing going on as your mom. She is not planning to go to the parks since she will not be able to handle that amount of walking. We have a hard enough time getting her to stay in a wheelchair when she is at the hospital. In her mind and EVC would be even worse. It saddens me because we will all be missing out, not just her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter