First DVC trip, just loved SSR!!!

bapvoeller

Earning My Ears
We bought into SSR in March and just got back from our first DVC trip. We spent 3 nights in SSR and 2 nights at VB. To sum up or experience in a few words it was great!!! I can say that I am very happy with our decision to purchase DVC, and I am very happy with our home resort. There are three of us me, DW, and DD age 6. I decided to write a review on our first stay at a DVC resort. I will try to write a review of VB in another post.

SSR Room - We did our usual driving trip to Orlando and arrived at SSR on Sunday around 2:00pm, but we had to wait until about 3:00 before our room was ready. We had requested in Congress park with a DTD view and that’s what we received. We were in room 1712. It had a good view of DTD and was close to the bus stop. The only problem we had was the bathroom door was locked when we first arrived. A call to mousekeeping and the problem was quickly solved. Before purchasing DVC we normally stayed at CBR or offsite. The studio room was much nicer than the rooms at CBR. For us the SSR studio room layout worked great. The bedroom being away from the door was a real plus. This makes the rooms much quieter. There being a couch instead of another bed was also really nice for us. This gave us setting room and my DD slept on the couch without having to make it into a bed. The balcony is also another big plus over Disney’s moderate resorts. We all enjoyed sitting on the balcony and enjoying the sites.

View from Balcony Daytime
DSCF1248.jpg

View from Balcony at night
DSCF1243.jpg

On our spring break trip, we stayed offsite in a 3 bedroom condo since our niece came with us. The condo was large and nice but the traffic outside Disney property has become a big problem. I-4 was a mess at spring break and on our trip over to VB. I was much happier staying on property and not having to deal with off property traffic issues.

Resort/Food -The walk to DTD from congress park was really easy, especially if you took the nature trail. It was only about a 5 minute walk taking the nature trail. The walk to the main pool from our room was easy too. My DD and I both enjoyed the slide in the main pool. We ate at Artists Palette one night and thought the food was excellent. My wife order the brie turkey sandwich which was awesome. I had the chicken artichoke pizza, and I thought it was good. My DD really enjoyed her Mac-n-Cheese. We used the bus to go the park and didn’t wait more than 10 minutes to catch a bus. We did have a car with us, but you didn’t need one staying at Congress park. If you can’t walk the 5 – 10 minutes to DTD or the main pool, then you probably shouldn’t go to the theme parks.

To sum up our experience at SSR it was wonderful. I can’t really complain about anything bad at the resort. We have ressies at Christmas to stay at OKW so it will be interesting to see how we like this resort. Looking at the pictures on the web it looks like the VB studio and OKW studio are basically the same layout. We personally liked the SSR layout better than the VB layout, but were happy with the VB room. I put a trip report about our Disney experience under the Trip report link called Memorial week trip report.

It's great to hear that you had such a good first trip home! Thanks for the pictures and report-you had a great view of DTD

Glad you enjoyed it. We loved Congress Park and Artist's Palette as well. You got great pics - especially the night one!!!

Looking at the pictures on the web it looks like the VB studio and OKW studio are basically the same layout.

Same shape but that's about it!

The OKW studio has 2 queen beds - VB one queen plus sofa bed, and both the bedroom and bathroom are bigger (much, IMO) at OKW.

Would not stay in a studio at VB again if it were free - and I own at this resort, love it and have numerous visits under my belt. Next time, it's an Inn Room for me or I'm not going! I understand the 1 bedroom are larger and are great btw, it's just the studio I would have a problem with.

Thanks for the trip report, and posting the pictures!

Great post -- nothing like a positive experience to get the adrenaline going

Mule

Glad to hear that you loved home! Wait till you try a 1-BR--you'll be hooked!

You wouldn’t have to temp us too hard to get us to stay in a 1BR, and I know that we would love it. I am afraid if I every stayed in a 1BR it would be hard to go back to the studio. The studio rooms are much better than the Disney moderate rooms we use to stay in. We are trying to maximize our points and stay in a studio. We can get three different 5 night stays with our 150 points by staying in a studio.

Glad you enjoyed it and had such a nice stay. Isn't SSR nice?!?!?!

We finalized our DVC purchase in Feb. and made our first trip 'home' in May and stayed in a studio. We LOVED it!! :love:

Glad to hear it...we also love SSR and always try to get rooms with a similar view. I love coming home, putting the kids to bed, sitting on the balcony and listening to the music and seeing the lights.

Great post :goodvibes ----we could have said the same things about our SSR stay----nice balcony pics! :thumbsup2 This made me even more excited for our next 2 trips-both at SSR :love:

Glad you had a great trip, many more to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter