First Release Pins?

JessRabbit

Mouseketeer
Anyone know anything about this? My DH gave me a Tinkerbell pin today that had first release printed on the back. The card said 2009 and Happy Valentine's Day. He told me he got it when we were at WDW in December. Are these pins going to be better than others?

Is this it?
pin67995

Here is some more info on it.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=67995&sid=3865.1234960738.v2

If it was bought at WDW in December, it's probably this pin:

pin67141

Info on it here:
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=67141&sid=4631.1234972209

I'm not sure what you mean by asking if it's "better." Do you mean will it be worth more because it's a first release? Probably. There are several collectors that value first releases of rack pins over later releases. :)

Yes that is the pin. I didn't know if it was special because of the first release on the back as I had never seen that on an open edition before.
Thanks Brian_WDW74!

I saw the same thing on the back of the new Polynesian pin which I bought last week. Does anyone know how many are considered forst release?

This was taken from a post on the Disney Pin Blog in August 2008:

August 2, 2008
Soon, we are introducing a new classification for newly released open edition pins at Disney Parks and Destinations in the United States. When an individually carded open edition pin is first made available for sale, the first order of that pin at each destination (i.e. Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort) will have the words "First Release" on its back stamp. The "First Release" stamp may also be found on the backer card. Future orders of that particular pin will not contain the "First Release" back stamp.

"Our Guests like adding new Disney pins to their collections, especially pins featuring brand new designs," said Steven Miller, Project Manager for Disney Pin Trading. "The concept of 'First Release' gives our Guests a way to prove they were one of the first to purchase a particular open edition pin. Who doesn't want to 'be the first' to do something?"

The "First Release" classification adds to the amazing variety of Disney pins that Guests can collect or trade.

Steven explained another possible benefit of having a "First Release" stamped pin in a Disney pin collection.

"The 'First Release' stamp may enhance trading value," added Steven. "Trading value helps when our Guests trade pins with other Guests to complete collections. It is an intangible concept but adds to the fun and excitement of Disney Pin Trading."

I have no idea how many of "first release" pins are put out like that. I doubt it is along the lines of a limited edition release. I really think they make alot of them. For example, for my September 2008 trip, I was very excited about the Tinkerbell Four Parks, One World pin. I thought it was a nice pin. I saw it for sale and noticed it was a First Release pin. Even better I thought. However, when I was back in December they were still selling it as a first Release pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter