First Thanksgiving meal of the season, tonight!

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Last year we started a tradition of eating a Thanksgiving style meal once a week the 4-5 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Why have all that good food only once a season?

So tonight is turkey and gravy, green bean casserole, dressing, mac n cheese, and cherry pie.

This year we are going to alternate between turkey and ham each week so next week will be ham and mashed potatoes plus another side or two and a dessert.

The house is smelling so good right now.

mmm..I love turkey, husband not so much. I'm lucky I get to have it for Thanksgiving..I usually buy an extra one and store it in the freezer..and your post reminds me I have one sitting there, just waiting to be thawed. I guess we will be having turkey next Sunday!

Yum.

We had Costco pumpkin pie last night.

We also buy up a bunch of the pumpkin tea to eat year round. We really love holiday food. Turkey is yummy year round. It’s a little bit more challenging to get in the summer. The same is true with some roasts.

Holiday food is happiness. It’s why I like that Disney restaurant that serves Thanksgiving food.

Last year we started a tradition of eating a Thanksgiving style meal once a week the 4-5 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Why have all that good food only once a season?

So tonight is turkey and gravy, green bean casserole, dressing, mac n cheese, and cherry pie.

This year we are going to alternate between turkey and ham each week so next week will be ham and mashed potatoes plus another side or two and a dessert.

The house is smelling so good right now.

Sounds fun but what do you do on actual Thanksgiving then?? Now me, I'd spread it out not only just these four weeks before Thanksgiving but how about on and off ALL winter!!! YUM!

And yes, I love the way the house smells when cooking something yummy like this!! 👍

I'm the only one that eats pumpkin pie in the family so I usually have to buy a pie for my self and can NEVER justify a Costco sized pie!

That does remind me I need to be on the look out for some French Vanilla Reddi Wip.

This made me laugh because I always complain at the holidays that EVERY organization has the same menu for their party and by the time Thanksgiving and/or Christmas comes I don't want turkey or ham! I guess I am a scrooge 😂

Yum.

We also buy up a bunch of the pumpkin tea to eat year round. We really love holiday food. Turkey is yummy year round. It’s a little bit more challenging to get in the summer. The same is true with some roasts.

Holiday food is happiness. It’s why I like that Disney restaurant that serves Thanksgiving food.

If you get an infrared oil-less fryer, you can cook 'em outside! Brine it, and it stays juicy, and the best part is the skin gets crispy all the way around!

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-TRU-Infrared-Oil-Less-Turkey-Fryer/dp/B001HBI7D8

I'm the only one that eats pumpkin pie in the family so I usually have to buy a pie for my self and can NEVER justify a Costco sized pie!

That does remind me I need to be on the look out for some French Vanilla Reddi Wip.

My cousin claims the Costco pumpkin pie freezes well, though I have never tried it.

This may be the first year we don't have a traditional Thanksgiving meal. It'll just be DW and me and we won't be seeing family due to Covid. I'll miss it--it's probably my favorite meal of the year.

This may be the first year we don't have a traditional Thanksgiving meal. It'll just be DW and me and we won't be seeing family due to Covid. I'll miss it--it's probably my favorite meal of the year.

hugs to you!
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. There will be no large gatherings for us this year, and I’m going to miss it terribly truth be told.

I just took out a frozen turkey breast for us to enjoy on Monday. I love all the fixings with turkey and that’s what we’ll have. It’s not a tradition, but something we have a few times a year.

I just took out a frozen turkey breast for us to enjoy on Monday. I love all the fixings with turkey and that’s what we’ll have. It’s not a tradition, but something we have a few times a year.

OT a tad but Bobbi will you be able to host your young military people this year? I always think of you doing that as someone had hosted my son years ago. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter