First time at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village...any tips

Hi! Enjoy your stay!
You may already know this but Kidani village villas have an extra bathroom which is a great feature!
Also, the busses pick up Kidani guests before Jambo so you'll always find an empty bus!
There is a van that drives between Jambo and Kidani if you don't want to walk.
I second eating at Sanaa!

Hi! Enjoy your stay!
You may already know this but Kidani village villas have an extra bathroom which is a great feature!
Also, the busses pick up Kidani guests before Jambo so you'll always find an empty bus!
There is a van that drives between Jambo and Kidani if you don't want to walk.
I second eating at Sanaa!
Thanks SO much!!! I am still holding out hope we can go in October!!!

Hi all, any suggestions on a 1 bedroom Savanna view room location in Kidani? We aren't pool people so no need to be by that. We will be renting a car. The main thing we want is to be able to see giraffes. I have read that the Sunset Savanna area is the best... Any specific rooms you'd suggest? Also since there is a washer and dryer available, do they supply detergent for one load or should we bring some? Thanks :)

Hi all, any suggestions on a 1 bedroom Savanna view room location in Kidani? We aren't pool people so no need to be by that. We will be renting a car. The main thing we want is to be able to see giraffes. I have read that the Sunset Savanna area is the best... Any specific rooms you'd suggest? Also since there is a washer and dryer available, do they supply detergent for one load or should we bring some? Thanks :)
I am a first timer too but from what I have been told, request the Sunset Savanna for the giraffes and close to the lobby and elevator. Also they do supply for like one load. We bring tide pods for the rest of the trip.

I am a first timer too but from what I have been told, request the Sunset Savanna for the giraffes and close to the lobby and elevator. Also they do supply for like one load. We bring tide pods for the rest of the trip.
Thanks for the info. How do I go about requesting that view? Is there a specific email or phone # to call? I am renting DVC points so not sure if that matters.

We just returned from Kidani in a 1 Bedroom Savanna view. We had a devil of a time getting our requests met. We had asked to be near Rafiki elevator, on Sunset Savanna, near pool. We ended up in Zazu on 2nd floor which has a great savanna view (so they told us) but is closest to Jambo, so is far from pool. Went to front desk and they said our current room was ready but if we were willing to wait they would be able to accommodate our request. So off we went to the pool. When we got our text we were back at Zazu on a higher floor, lol! Back to the front desk.... We finally got near Rafiki but on the 5th floor. Took awhile. So really important to decide what is important to you. Yes, Sunsest Savanna is the best, but on a lower floor so the tree canopy doesn't block your view of the animals.

Also you get six loads of laundry soap, lol! I say lol, because we received three containers of EOS laundry soap. Each small bottle was supposed to do 2 loads. NOT! I used a whole bottle and my clothes smelled okay but did not get the makeup out of my face mask, so not clean IMO. Tide would have taken care of this. Bring your own Tide Pods.

If you request Sunset savanna you will get giraffes. The Pembe savanna has smaller animals and considered less desirable.

Our experience at Sanaa for dinner was outstanding! Every item we tried was better than I remember. The South African wine list is also fabulous!

Thanks for the info. How do I go about requesting that view? Is there a specific email or phone # to call? I am renting DVC points so not sure if that matters.
The DVC owner you're renting from has to submit your requests and can do via chat, email or calling. Some people report success using Touring Plans fax service, but it's difficult to confirm that since no requests are guaranteed, and official word is that DVC ignores faxed requests.

PS we also bring our own laundry detergent pods as well as dishwasher detergent pods, to be sure we have enough.

The DVC owner you're renting from has to submit your requests and can do via chat, email or calling. Some people report success using Touring Plans fax service, but it's difficult to confirm that since no requests are guaranteed, and official word is that DVC ignores faxed requests.

PS we also bring our own laundry detergent pods as well as dishwasher detergent pods, to be sure we have enough.

Just to add randomness. We got the exact room we wanted at AKV went renting last year using Touring Plans.

Might have been random but we were in a 1BR Std and it was right before Dorian so most rooms seemed to be emptying out. So just seems to weird to not have been true.

I think about ignoring faxes is a resort by resort case. I think if I remember correctly AKV was one of the resorts that still reviewed them but could be completely wrong lol.

I have always had good luck with requests by calling the resort about 5 days prior. Also like someone else said it cant hurt to have your rental make the requests for you and when you do online check in you will get to submit some requests as well. Good Luck :)

I have always had good luck with requests by calling the resort about 5 days prior. Also like someone else said it cant hurt to have your rental make the requests for you and when you do online check in you will get to submit some requests as well. Good Luck :)
The main number is 407-938-3000 and the fax number is 407-938-4799.

We have rented points for late Sept. for a dedicated 2 BR in Kidani with standard view. I put down my preferences in online check in, but plan to call or email several days beforehand also. I’m hoping to be near the lobby or pool. Any suggestions on a section to ask for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!