First Time at Legoland... food question

LizinWonderland

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling down to San Diego next month including our first stay at Legoland... I'm a little worried about the food options staying on site (especially because it looks like the park closes early while we're there). Any tips? anything in walking distance?

Thanks!!

At the resort there is the buffet and the bar. Within close walking distance (across the parking lot) is Karl Strauss Brewing Company, which is where we end up as they have pretty good food (and beer). There's also a Sheraton with a restaurant on the other side of Legoland. If you're willing to walk a little farther (maybe a 1/2 mile) there's a Costco shopping center with a Taco Bell and Islands. There's also the Carlsbad Outlets and a ton of other restaurants nearby, but then you're getting into the range where I'd get an Uber if you you don't have a car (1 mile +).

When we stay onsite, we usually just grab something from the park like sandwiches and take it back to the hotel room for later. The onsite food options are also pretty good, though obviously limited. Unfortunately there's nothing in walking distance. If you can find a bus, taxi, or uber/lyft, you can easily get to the outlet stores, a grocery store, or Costco.

There's a fresh market with all kinds of takeout options like sandwiches and salads inside the park but right by the entrance, with the hotel right on the other side. And I'm pretty sure they were open until park closing.

The buffet restaurant in the hotel does an amazing breakfast. We usually do dinner in the 'bar' instead, which has a very nice menu and is more kid-friendly than it sounds. The coffee shop in the hotel is officially a third option but they only have grab and go breakfast items, regardless of time of day. Room service menu is extensive but very expensive, even for room service, so we've never done it.

The restaurants in the park are good, and quite a few have a kids eat free dinner option. It stops earlier than we're usually willing to eat though. I'll see what I can pull up photo-wise from past trips. We've stayed there more than once in the last few years.

29461345745_39424dabbb_z.jpg

Hotel breakfast buffet. There's quite a bit not in these photos too. Savory bagel topping bar (lox, etc). Cheese blintzes.

28525113684_a609c9f797.jpg

29146853745_85e58a2668.jpg

29146852425_c66150d6f1.jpg

29146855205_240d80a5ef.jpg

If you look at Grubhub and Yelp, you can get delivery from lots of restaurants in the area to the hotel. For instance, you can get an 18" cheese pizza from Knockout pizza for $16.50.

What you're looking for is Tip Top Meats which is right near Legoland and will keep you full all day. Kings Fish House is also good. In the park, we like the Ninjago Station but they often have a kids eat free offer that you might want to look into. There is good food in the area.

My favorite place to eat by far is in the Ninjago section.

s_2f429bba-88d7-4f82-9514-f487f5d3c9c9.jpg

Jesus christ, yes!

We ate here on a trip and we were shocked how good the food was. We originally planned on just getting some random snacks to tide us over until we left the park, but when we saw how good the food looked coming out of this little restaurant that we got full meals that we thoroughly enjoyed. No regrets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!