First time considering a scooter....

Thanks, SG! I love people sharing all their information like you just did. The more information, the better.
Well, I will share too. I have used BV twice now with no issues, but not since the policy change. Used to be that several vendors could drop with bell services, now the only one with that option is scooter bug. I have seen enough questionable reviews that I am avoiding them. BV cannot drop off at the time I need (they come to each resort only 1-2 times a day) so I am going with gold mobility this time. The will meet you any time after 7am up until I think 8pm.

Well, I will share too. I have used BV twice now with no issues, but not since the policy change. Used to be that several vendors could drop with bell services, now the only one with that option is scooter bug. I have seen enough questionable reviews that I am avoiding them. BV cannot drop off at the time I need (they come to each resort only 1-2 times a day) so I am going with gold mobility this time. The will meet you any time after 7am up until I think 8pm.

Thanks, Eeyoreandtink, for sharing your experience. After you return, I look forward to your comments comparing the two places!

Has anyone tried to get on the Skyliner with an ECV....I’m wondering how you would get a scooter off the Skyliner.

Has anyone tried to get on the Skyliner with an ECV....I’m wondering how you would get a scooter off the Skyliner.
i had a scooter in November when we went on the skyliner. You will be directed to a car which is separated off the regular line and comes to a complete stop. You drive the scooter in and the CM puts wedges under the wheels. Your party is seated then. To get off the CM unwedges the wheels and you back off. The whole thing is easy.

i had a scooter in November when we went on the skyliner. You will be directed to a car which is separated off the regular line and comes to a complete stop. You drive the scooter in and the CM puts wedges under the wheels. Your party is seated then. To get off the CM unwedges the wheels and you back off. The whole thing is easy.

thank you...the backing off part does sound tricky...

Thanks so much for that info on your experience. For some reason, I thought I'd read that the skyline cars were slowed, but not stopped, for disembarking, and you had to drive off as the skyline inched along. Scared me!

Darn, they do that at Riviera? Thanks for warning me! Now I know which stop I DON'T want! I'll have to look for the routing, so I don't stop at Riviera.
remember if you are going to Riviera the buses hourly from where Skyliner serves so could take quite awhile to get there.

We were at WDW just before it closed. We made a trip from HS to CBR to Epcot. My first loading was at HS and I had read all about the stations and loading, so I thought the first time would be easy....NOT, at HS they had me load my Whill Ci onto a moving car! The free space between the benches is not that much wider that my Whill..they didn't flip up any of the seats even though there were only 2 of us. Once my front wheels were on the loading ramp (with the car moving) the back wheels of my chair started to drag sideways. It was very hairy and I ended up ripping my cup holder off of the side of my chair trying to get the whole thing in the car. No real damage but scared me pretty good. So, once we get to CBR and I thought I had to back out while moving and then get on again, I almost bailed and caught a bus. BUT, CRB had the pull off and stop handicapped loading and they used it! Transferring to the Epcot line was easy. No problems getting to or returning from Epcot. Just be prepared that even though you have a chair or scooter, CM may not use the handicapped pull out to stop the car. I will always ask for it now.

We were at WDW just before it closed. We made a trip from HS to CBR to Epcot. My first loading was at HS and I had read all about the stations and loading, so I thought the first time would be easy....NOT, at HS they had me load my Whill Ci onto a moving car! The free space between the benches is not that much wider that my Whill..they didn't flip up any of the seats even though there were only 2 of us. Once my front wheels were on the loading ramp (with the car moving) the back wheels of my chair started to drag sideways. It was very hairy and I ended up ripping my cup holder off of the side of my chair trying to get the whole thing in the car. No real damage but scared me pretty good. So, once we get to CBR and I thought I had to back out while moving and then get on again, I almost bailed and caught a bus. BUT, CRB had the pull off and stop handicapped loading and they used it! Transferring to the Epcot line was easy. No problems getting to or returning from Epcot. Just be prepared that even though you have a chair or scooter, CM may not use the handicapped pull out to stop the car. I will always ask for it now.

OMG! NOT a great experience.

Sorry that happened. Just curious - was the HA queue closed? Or did you inadvertently end up in the regular queue? I didn’t think the HA load area was accessed via the same queue or the same loading platform.
Lanejudy, I used the handicapped entrance and just followed the signs and CM instruction. I know I entered the station on the other side of the building from the normal standing line. I didn't see any other chairs or scooters (it wasn't too busy), so I didn't realize what I was in for. It wasn't until we were walking past the tram station later in the week that I saw the handicapped pull out being used. I thought maybe I wasn't remembering things correctly and that DS was the place without the turn out, instead of Riviera.

I decided to rent a ecv for the first time and am wondering if I can really depend on the ecv to last from rope drop all the way to the end of after hours. I know I need to turn it off whenever I am not moving. My trip is in 8 days so it should be an interesting experience. I do however have experience maneuvering my son's electric wheelchair through Magic Kingdom so it might not be too bad...

Always take your charger with you. I learned this the hard way. There are plenty of places to plug it in around the parks. I've never been asked to disconnect it (I had a horrible wheelchair that wouldn't hold the charge - I knew where all the outlets were.) I even has cast members show me where to plug in where I would be out of the sun.

Unfortunately a lot of times these spots are taken by people who can't just put away their cellphones for a couple of hours - (c'mon people get a Fuel Rod).

If you get a park rental and it starts getting wonky, just make your way to any store. The cast members will call up front and they'll bring you a replacement ECV.

Unfortunately a lot of times these spots are taken by people who can't just put away their cellphones for a couple of hours
The outlets around the park really aren't intended for customer use, but since customers use them (yes, I understand sometimes even with CM assistance), any customer is allowed.

Truly, it's the wheelchair user's responsibility to ensure the chair is in reasonable working condition. It shouldn't be necessary to carry one's charger.

I would look at renting from of site as they are cheaper Golds has been a favorite of many here.

and then you do not look disabled well, to be honest with you people are way too much in their own vacation to care what you are riding sitting or walking in. I think a big part of this is that scooters go in the standby line you there is nothing special that you get for being in them. and in the very off chance someone says something to you do what my friend did and lool at then very concerned and say I do not want to alarm you but your stupid is showing again next time try keeping your moth shout ( or it was very close) she tends to have a snappy comeback every time where the. the person just looks down and walks away.

Do what is best for you and enjoy your vacation and have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter