• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time in five years...Ready, Set, GO!!!

SilverSynchro919

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, it's Abby here =D

I'm new to the boards, but I've got a trip coming up in two weeks and I'm SUPER excited about it!

The cast of characters:

Lori is the mom and the reason our whole family is as wonderful as it is. She puts up with all of the rest of the family's antics and is probably the coolest mom in the world!

Jake is my DB (Dear Brother) and is 12 years old. He has autism and therefore most of the accommodations made for this trip have been based around him. The last time he was at Disney was when he was seven, and a lot has changed since then, so I'm excited/nervous to see how he'll do.

Marc is the dad. He's a pediatrician and he owns his own practice. He and I are almost exactly alike and therefore we both drive my mother bonkers! :rotfl: Our last few vacations have been Royal Caribbean cruises and he loves those, so it was difficult to get him motivated for Disney again, but I think we've finally got him excited!

Abby...that's me! I'm eighteen and a freshman in college. Disney World is basically my (not so) guilty pleasure! I know pretty much everything there is to know, and if I don't know, I sure know how to find out! I am SUPER excited for this trip.

Aunt Shannon is Mom's sister. She lives with us and she has only ever been to Disney once, a very long time ago. She walks with a cane after getting hurt at work and has issues walking long distances, so we're renting a scooter for her. Does anyone know what is the easiest/most reliable place to get a scooter NOT on Disney property?

History: I've been to Disney five other times, and the last time, I was thirteen years old. So much has changed since then and I'm super excited to see what's new and different! As for how we decided to go again...I had been doing everything short of begging to go, and when it came time for my dad to set up his on-call schedule, he took off the week of my spring break (3/13-3/20) off. Since it was too late to schedule a cruise, we decided WDW was the way to go!

We were originally going to stay at CBR, but we decided to stay at the BC instead. It's our favorite place to stay because of the location and the pool. Epcot is our favorite park and the the Boardwalk, right across the lagoon, is super convenient (especially for Jake because pizza is one of the few things in his VERY limited diet).

As for ADRs, my mom booked several different reservations at O'Hana, Cape May Cafe, Marrakesh (I'm a sucker for Mediterranean food), Cindy's, and one night at the Rose and Crown for her and Dad. Otherwise, it'll be counter service for us, which is fine by me.

We leave early morning on the 13th to drive to Albany (about an hour for us) and hop on a Southwest flight. VERY fortunately we were able to find a direct non-stop flight from ALB to MCO, which is SO much easier for Jake!!! We'll be there for a week, and we leave the 20th.

14 days and counting...SO EXCITED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter