First time on the Dining Plan:Days One and Two

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
This was our first trip staying onsite and our first using the DDP. I loved how easy it was to just hand the card at the end of the meal, especially since we had free dining! I totaled our receipts and it came to over $1035.00.

Dining Characters: Me (37) Planner of everything, would like to be an adventurous eater but my tummy can’t handle hot, spicy foods.

DH: (44) Not an adventurous eater at all. Loves beef and pasta.

DS: (8) Picky picky picky

DD (4) Somewhat picky, will eat if you bribe her with the promise of dessert.

Day 1: We arrived at the Poly and headed to the MK. It was a Saturday and pretty crowded and hot. We watched a castle show and then headed to lunch. Now DH only knows Pecos Bills in the MK and he said lets go there. I already planned to eat at Columbia Harbor House and told my DH we can’t go to Pecos, they only have chilled chicken, the kids will revolt!

Now DH was a little confused by the whole DDP thing even though I told him to leave all the ordering to me. We did manage to order chicken strips and fries for him and DS. I ordered the tuna sandwich. We all got the chocolate cake and waters. DD shared the chicken with DS. My tuna was very yummy and the chicken and fries were all eaten. I thought the chocolate cake was too fudgy and the kids thought so too. BTW the place was very busy but I found a table upstairs, thanks for the tip.

Dinner tonight was at the Liberty Tree Tavern. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated. I mentioned DD’s bday and we had confetti on the table. Our server brought our drinks, no more sweet tea. I was looking forward to the great salad but the dressing was different, just a vinaigrette and no more honey butter.:( DH did enjoy the salad though. They brought out ham, turkey, flank steak, mashed taters, green beans and mac n cheese. Everything was good but our server was slow. I asked for cranberry sauce and by the time I got it, my turkey was almost gone. The characters were great, Goofy always acts goofy and Pluti did some trick. Then DD was brought a cupcake and the servers sang Happy Birthday. We got our delicious apple cobbler dessert. We will do LTT next trip too.

Day 2: We got some breakfast from Captain Cook’s this morning. I brought 2 boxes of cereal for the room but I ended up using a snack credit to get the same cereal for DH and DD. DD had to have cereal everyday. I saw another family next to us with a big box of Frosted Flakes at their table- smart! Anyway I got DS the kid’s egg platter with bacon and I got the Mickey waffles. DS ate his eggs and some of my waffles. I loved the grapes, every kid’s meal that came with grapes were eaten by me.

We then went to MGM so we had lunch at Pizza Planet. The pizza was good. We all got Mickey Rice Krispy Treats for dessert.
I shared my pizza with DD so I got plain but the veggie is what I wanted to order.

Dinner was supposed to be at Spoodles but we went to swim at the Poly so I switched to the Kona Café. We were seated right away and had an energetic server, Greg. Me and the kids ordered the smoothies, strawberry banana- very good. I ordered the pot stickers, DH had the sticky wings. He really liked the wings, I thought the pot stickers were just okay. For dinner he had the Prime Rib and I had the Teryaki Steak. The steak was very good. I loved the pineapple sauce on it and the broccoli was good too. I don’t remember what the kid’s had- probably grilled cheese and chicken nuggets. For dessert I just got the brownie sundae, I didn’t realize it was a kid’s dessert. DH had the white choc cheesecake. It was soo good, I had to help him eat it! The kids had the brownie sundae too. A good meal, I would return and we did, for breakfast.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter