First time...online check-in or front desk?

dtkids

Mouseketeer
As a first timer, should we check-in at front desk, or use online check-in? Are we missing anything (information, pixie dust, Disney magic) if we use online check-in instead of going to front desk for check in?

As a first timer, should we check-in at front desk, or use online check-in? Are we missing anything (information, pixie dust, Disney magic) if we use online check-in instead of going to front desk for check in?

I'm a luddite, but I haven't stayed on site since the magic bands were created. In the pre-magic band days you had to finish your check in at the front desk to get the keys to the world.

The lobbies are nice, and I sometimes like putting faces with front desk staff.

I also haven't been back since Magic Bands were introduced but we always went to the front desk even if we did online check in.

I mentioned to a CM on the phone recently that it would be our kids' first visit, and she made a note on our reservation stating they should receive a "first visit" button. I think you can do this at Guest Services I the parks too?

When I traveled we always went to the front desk, even if I had done the online check-in. This last trip, we received a text with our room number and we went right to our room. I had been to the resort several times prior but still left like I had missed a step by going straight to the room. Our next trip we're staying at AKL and have never been there before. I plan to hit the lobby first, even if it's just for a walk through.

I go middle of the road. I no not use online check in but I do have Touring Plan fax in my requests.

Checking in was always a fun part of our trip. But, we're arriving later, so I'm thinking online check-in this time.

If you check in online, but want to visit the front desk, you could always ask for a map of the resort, ask for directions, etc.

If you check in online, everything will be ready for you. However, if you haven't had a chance to check your room location on a resort map, you can stop at the front desk and they'll give you a map that shows where your room is. If it happens to be down at the end of a very long hallway, you can ask nicely if there's any chance of getting a room closer to the lobby (or bus stop, or whatever), and they might be able to move you right away. Much less trouble than hauling your bags all the way to your room and then back to the front desk if your room location is terrible.

I always do on line check in, my room has only been ready once before I arrived. If I haven't received my room ready text, I go to the front desk to just let them know I'm there, I'm not really very particular about my room location or the view or the type, unless I'm with my son then 2 beds is a must. I'll just tell them that I'll take any room that is ready right now. Sometimes, there is one ready they can put me in, sometimes not. They will show you on the map where your room is located, which comes in handy in the deluxe resorts, you can pretty much figure it out in the value and moderates since you get the building number on the text.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!