First Timers - Feb 2021?

rosieposie3

Earning My Ears
Hi all, looking for some advice on a trip i'm planning. Never been to the US before. I'm looking at going to Walt Disney World in Orlando in mid-Feb 2021. Two adults. We have between 10-14 days to spend there. Flights seem to be reasonably priced.

WDW is top priority for us. If possible we would also like to go to the kennedy space centre, do an everglades tour, and of course we'd do some shopping. While I would like to see the Harry Potter part of Universal Studios, I'm not sure if thats realistic in the timeframe we're working in. Also, my partner doesn't like thrill rides or rollercoasters so not sure if there would be much for us to do at Universal.

I've been looking at mostly onsite WDW hotels which are expensive but i'm a bit weary of going offsite as neither of us can drive so we wouldn't be hiring a car. I've seen some rumours online of a free dining plan offer becoming available next mouth. Has anyone any experience with that?

This is all very new to me. Really would appreciate any tips/suggestions. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong location

You have many questions here, but I have a recommendation - if you're visiting in February, the crowds will be bigger the second half of Feb than they will be the first half - at least that's the way it has been in the past. Once you get to mid-February, you get to some holidays - like President's Day weekend in the US, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras.

If you're not going to drive while here, staying onsite at Disney would certainly have some big advantages. If you stay at Disney, you could easily take a cab or ride-share to Universal. Good luck with your planning and your trip!

You have many questions here, but I have a recommendation - if you're visiting in February, the crowds will be bigger the second half of Feb than they will be the first half - at least that's the way it has been in the past. Once you get to mid-February, you get to some holidays - like President's Day weekend in the US, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras.

If you're not going to drive while here, staying onsite at Disney would certainly have some big advantages. If you stay at Disney, you could easily take a cab or ride-share to Universal. Good luck with your planning and your trip!

Thank you for your help!

Free Dining is usually announced around the 2nd week of April for Brits for the following year-HOWEVER all bets are off at the moment. I would keep an eye out on here and on other Social media and see if its announced.
We managed to do the best bits of Universal (both parks) in one day without doing Rollercoasters, but got to see all of the 2 HP sections and do a few other rides -Minions, Simpsons, men in Black which are all really good. The 2 times we have been in February we went right at the beginning of the month, the weather is pretty good (you can spot the Brits as we are in t shirts when everyone else is in hoodies!!) Various companies do trips to kennedy/ powerboat trips etc including pick up at your resort-Try Dolphin Tours or Attractions Tickets for ideas and prices.

Hi all, looking for some advice on a trip i'm planning. Never been to the US before. I'm looking at going to Walt Disney World in Orlando in mid-Feb 2021. Two adults. We have between 10-14 days to spend there. Flights seem to be reasonably priced.

WDW is top priority for us. If possible we would also like to go to the kennedy space centre, do an everglades tour, and of course we'd do some shopping. While I would like to see the Harry Potter part of Universal Studios, I'm not sure if thats realistic in the timeframe we're working in. Also, my partner doesn't like thrill rides or rollercoasters so not sure if there would be much for us to do at Universal.

I've been looking at mostly onsite WDW hotels which are expensive but i'm a bit weary of going offsite as neither of us can drive so we wouldn't be hiring a car. I've seen some rumours online of a free dining plan offer becoming available next mouth. Has anyone any experience with that?

This is all very new to me. Really would appreciate any tips/suggestions. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong location

100% suggest staying on site (pop is our go to).. however not sure how you'd get to the everglades or KSC without an expensive Uber...
Uber to the malls/outlets are roughly $10/20 each way.

I personally wouldn't wait for a dining plan, I'd always rather get the package price cheaper as myself and my wife would;dn't get the value out of the dining plan, it's just too much food for us!

We have only done Universal once, did both parks in one day with an express pass (used the US website to book to get cheaper tickets)

all in all, I'm sure you'll find something suitable for your budget and will have an amazing time!

Visiting without a car, if you are set on doing both Disney and Universal in one trip, I'd go with onsite for both and break them into two separate stays. You'll need more time at Disney because there is more to cover. Transport will rack up in costs really quickly if you take Ubers or cabs from Disney to Universal. Traffic is really congested and it takes a considerable amount of time out of your day going back and forth and will also sap your energy.

Since your SO is not really into thrill rides, perhaps you could start doing some research on Universal together and see if it's worth it. You may decide that one day is enough, in which case, no point moving hotels and that could be a day trip on any day of your choice.

I would definitely not stay offsite from Disney for a week or more without a car. Even the hotels that boast shuttles ... it's a time consuming hassle and totally kills the ability to be flexible with your planning.

We don’t drive and usually do 1 week on site and 1 week on i-drive
We book Kennedy with transportation that picks up at your hotel or close by
Then you can use the i ride trolly for the outlets or taxi for Florida mall.
Your hotel will probs have free bus to universal if you choose to go, I don’t do big rollercoasters but usually go for the experience,

Dining plan in my experience has been overrated. We don’t spend that much on food and tend to use most snacks as sweets to bring home.

You can do it all but you really need to plan your fast passes properly in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter