First visit to AKL. Suggestions?

Greg K.

Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon
The basics:

My wife and I are longtime DVC members (we call both the Beach Club and the Board Walk "home,") and have visited for about two weeks every year—usually at one of those two resorts—since becoming members in 2002. :goodvibes

June 30, we're headed down for two weeks, and staying for the first time at AKL/Kidani. Just the two of us, studio, standard (not savannah) view.

We will probably not be heading into the parks a lot—we may get 7-day park hoppers for a 14-day stay. It will be more relaxing trip. (But we may pop over to Universal one day to see the new Harry Potter addition!)

Any recommendations for rooms? Best views? How long a hike is it over Jambo? What do you think of the parking situation? :confused3 I'm clueless. Any help would be appreciated! TIA!

At Kidani, there are some re-classified Pembe savanna view rooms in the standard category. They will either be half pool/half savanna view, or they will be in the middle, narrow path between the 2 larger savanna areas. The latter section is a nice view, but a looooong walk to the lobby (and farther to Jambo). Seriously, it's like room 5+ from the lobby (25 villas on each side of the hall). It makes Boardwalk look like it has short hallways.

Some other standard views are pool view, most of them are bus stop/parking views. I really, really didn't want a bus stop view, so I was very happy that my online checkin "Pembe" selection was granted, despite the long walk.
FS_DSC08088_filtered_zpsa7798b54.jpg

Parking at Kidani is, IMHO, awesome!
Most Kidani parking is under the villas, like a ground floor parking garage. There are multiple elevator banks, so it is generally a short walk to your elevator and car, and your car can be covered, out of the FL heat and rain.

Jambo is a 5-10 minute walk from the Kidani lobby. There is a shuttle van that goes back and forth between each lobby. Any park bus will go to Jambo after Kidani, too. (Only the DTD bus goes from Jambo to Kidani)

(But we may pop over to Universal one day to see the new Harry Potter addition!)

Recommendation, book a one night stay in a hotel on Universal property to get the front of the line access that everyone staying in one of their hotels get.

At AKL, take time to walk the resort and hallways to checkout the museum quality artifacts that have on display. Talk with the CMs and learn about their home countries and life styles. At Jambo and Kidani enjoy eating in the restaurants and taking in the flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter