Fixin to make the drive from Austin

theoarn

Mouseketeer
Well
We is fixin to make the long drive from Austin to SSR and was just a wonderin if any folks out there in ether ether land had any favorite routes they liked to take.
Theo.

We drive from Dallas about one a year, and we generally take the "low road" through Baton Rouge, Mobile, overnight in a tiny town called Milton, Florida just across the bridge from Pensacola. It's about five hours the next morning across the boring Florida panhandle (no offense to anyone who lives there, but the drive is torture!) and into our humble abode at Beach Club.

From Seguin we take I-10 to I-12, back to I-10, we don't plan anyplace in particular to stop...it depends on traffic and how long we spend at rest areas and meals.

From I-10 you'll catch I-75 in Lake City, then past Ocala take the Turnpike. There is new toll road from the Turnpike, south directly to Disney. The road will enter Disney property near the Coronado Springs resort. Much less traffic than I-4 and much faster than US 27.

We live in NW Louisiana, so we take the similar route as Chuck, but we take I-49 down to I-10.

This last time, we cut off at Tallahassee and took the drive along the Gulf Coast instead of taking I-75. Once you get on the FL Turnpike, take the new tollway instead of getting off on I-4. Anytime I can avoid I-4, I do it. It think it's the Apoka-Wintergarden Exit off the FL Turnpike. You'll exit right near Coronado Springs.

Well
We made it and are on our way home now.
We are staying the night in Perry Fl.
If you make it this way try the Days Inn.
I will post a report in a new thread
Theo

We live in NW Louisiana, so we take the similar route as Chuck, but we take I-49 down to I-10.

This last time, we cut off at Tallahassee and took the drive along the Gulf Coast instead of taking I-75. Once you get on the FL Turnpike, take the new tollway instead of getting off on I-4. Anytime I can avoid I-4, I do it. It think it's the Apoka-Wintergarden Exit off the FL Turnpike. You'll exit right near Coronado Springs.

Deb & Bill

Have seen your names many times on the Disboards...just now realized that ya'll live in Louisiana too. I live in Monroe (originally from Haynesville). We fly right now, but would like to take the RV one of these days.

Vickye

By new tollway, are you talking about 429 and then getting off on Western Way. Looking at Google maps, that is what it sounds like you are talking about. I'm all about shaving 15 minutes off the drive.

Thanks

Not sure if I will be able to make it to tallahasse from Beaumont (I will have a 2 year old with me).

Having problems finding a hotel between Pensacola and Tallahasse right now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter