Flight of Passage - No FP+

John-DVC

Earning My Ears
I was unable to book a FP+ at 60 days in mid Jan for Flight of Passage.
Just wondering if we could get on if we went there right at rope drop during the morning magic hour?
Should I expect to be waiting a long time still?
Thanks

If you get there super early, say an hour before the gates open, sure. Otherwise be prepared to fight the crowds that all have the same idea of RD FoP. The line builds almost instantly. If you can’t get there too early then try midday or dinner time. Check the app for waits.

Rope drop can be the busiest time of the day for this attraction. I checked one day last week and the wait times were up to 210 within 10 minutes of park opening. The waits were down to 30 within 10 minutes of park closing on the same day.

Just keep in mind that posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

I know a few people that have gotten there about an hour before RD and was close to the front of the line they were on and off in less than 30 minutes. So if you do this I would get to AK at least an hour early ( and this was over a 3 day weekend)

I know people that tried the last thing and the wait time was right it took them just under 3 hours

My sister got there 40 min early for early entry and they got off of FOP right as EMH ended and the park officially opened. This was late-august

I was unable to book a FP+ at 60 days in mid Jan for Flight of Passage.
Just wondering if we could get on if we went there right at rope drop during the morning magic hour?
Thanks
Don't give up on the FP! Keep trying every day. They pop up sometimes.

As for rope drop, that strategy will work IF you are a good 60 to 90 minutes early. If not, you'll be waiting hours.

Another strategy is to jump in the line near closing. A long wait time will be posted, but the line will move quickly without anymore FPs and will be shorter than ththe posted time.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I will keep trying the FP or give the closing line a good try.

We were at AK around 930 am last Saturday the 11th and the posted wait time for FOP was 180 (IIRC). We rode with out FP then headed back to the safari. The standby for FOP was lined all the way down to FOLK and back through pandora toward the bridge leading out to the TOL.

Mind. Blown.

Like others have said, keep trying for those FPs or go close to closing time.

Keep trying for FPs later in the day when you get there. I snagged a 6:30pm FP for 2 at 4:30pm last Monday.

We got in line six minutes before closing on Sunday, October 29. The posted time was 165 minutes. The wait was actually an hour. A local behind me said she had done the same thing the Sunday before and it actually was less than an hour that night. I decided to do it this way because I was worried about getting sick and didn't want to be sick the whole day.

Darn Disney! For making a ride so great everyone wants to ride.

We rode it by arriving 7am on 8am EMH. They opened the entrance at 7:10, walked us(well most of us... many families running), to bridge, waited to about 15-20 minutes before opening. Then walked us on to the ride. We were done by 5 minutes after EMH opened.

Sivako!

Did Navi at rope drop, and the whole process just to get to Pandora and FoP was so chaotic. It makes the walk to TSM look like a stroll in the park. I'm a bit jaded though as I that FoP was terrible and not worth 15 minutes of a wait.

Your wait time will be much lower at park close. If you arrive 90 minutes before the park opens, that time counts toward your total wait time.

This is true. Time isn't free, and the crowd that got there 90 minutes early will be long gone in the evening when the lines get shorter.

First, :welcome: to DisBoards!

You will probably hear two schools of thought. Arrive very early or go at park close.

I am a morning person so in early August I arrived at the park at 7:30am for a 9am opening and, after waiting at Security, the tapstiles, and the rope to Pandora, I "walked on" FoP from the rope drop. I was back out in front of FoP by 9:01am.

So I waited for a little less than 90 minutes. I would guess that for a dark (sunrise is ~7:20am), chilly (average low temp is ~47F) mid-January Morning Magic Hour you could probably arrive closer to 60 minutes prior to opening and still have a reasonable wait.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

We didn't get FP either so we got on the standby line at 8pm when the park close at 9. I think it was easier at night. We waited a little over an hour. Great ride!

I did both ends. Arrived 7:30am for a 9am opening - I actually found the wait to be thoroughly enjoyable. Once the turnstiles opened, it was a brisk walk to the bridge - having said that, we were at the front of the pack. I wouldn’t have liked to be in the middle of the mob. While they held us at the bridge, we had a lovely chat with the cast members and other people waiting - and it was a very orderly walk to Pandora from there. We were the first ones on the ride for the day, and I was off the ride by 8:55ish, so probably only really “waited” for an hour.
At the end of the night, we got into line at 7:45 (8pm close) with a projected wait time of 150 minutes. It was 72 minutes from joining the line to first pre-ride show.
I preferred the morning wait - but I think being at the front of it made it a pleasant experience.

Last edited:

Yes

Depends on how early to get to AK. If you arrive an hour and 15 minutes prior to advertised park opening, don't have any bags to be checked then no...you shouldn't have much of a wait AT the attraction but you will wait longer to get into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!