"Flight plan is not available at this time, your seats will be assigned at check-in"

Tink2312

<font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess
:scared1: Just done the API on the VA website and this message came up for the outbound flight "The flight plan is not available at this time, your seats will be assigned at check-in" :eek:
What does this mean????
We'd already pre-reserved some seats a couple of months ago (although we know this isn't a guarantee) but now we're seriously worried that it will be a free-for-all once we get to the airport :sad2:
Also we were going to do online check-in and worried this now means we won't be able to.
HELP

:scared1: Just done the API on the VA website and this message came up for the outbound flight "The flight plan is not available at this time, your seats will be assigned at check-in" :eek:
What does this mean????
We'd already pre-reserved some seats a couple of months ago (although we know this isn't a guarantee) but now we're seriously worried that it will be a free-for-all once we get to the airport :sad2:
Also we were going to do online check-in and worried this now means we won't be able to.
HELP

1/ Poss computer error keep checking.

2/ They have had to change planes and therefore pulled it to check in only.

Suggest try for online check in as soon as you can.

When do you fly out? I've had the same message for our outbound on 24 Nov, but still showing the seat plan for inbound. Like you, I requested seats a while ago.

Based on past experiences, I have zero faith in the VA seat request system anyway, so will be doing online check-in for outbound. I always stress over the inbound flight unless I can get access to a PC for online check-in then too! :rolleyes:

Look under the passenger details, do you still see your originally chosen seats still assigned to each passenger?

Alice

Neither of those are true.

OP - It is nothing to worry about. This message appears when VA have allocated all pre-requestable seats (i.e. no more seats can be pre-requested, all other passengers will be assigned seats upon check-in). They simply take down the seat map and display that message when this is the case.

So, it's nothing to worry about - the seats you picked originally are still held on the database and should be assigned to you. You can still do online check-in with no problems; once completed you will see the seats you originally chose. Obviously seat requests are just that (requests), but this message is nothing at all to worry about.

OP - It is nothing to worry about. This message appears when VA have allocated all pre-requestable seats (i.e. no more seats can be pre-requested, all other passengers will be assigned seats upon check-in). They simply take down the seat map and display that message when this is the case.

So, it's nothing to worry about - the seats you picked originally are still held on the database and should be assigned to you. You can still do online check-in with no problems; once completed you will see the seats you originally chose. Obviously seat requests are just that (requests), but this message is nothing at all to worry about.

Phew :) Just had major panic attack there! It makes sense they would take down the seat map if all seats have been allocated. Just got hope now that no-one wants our seats on the day - I'm definitely leaning towards online check in to guarantee this. Although we've never had problems with this in the past.
Thanks

Hilary, we're flying out on 19th Nov from Manchester (VS 75). Glad someone else's says that too - maybe it's a busy week :upsidedow

OP - It is nothing to worry about. This message appears when VA have allocated all pre-request-able seats (i.e. no more seats can be pre-requested, all other passengers will be assigned seats upon check-in). They simply take down the seat map and display that message when this is the case.

Sorry, I didn't know that Virgin had stopped 'on-line check in' I suggested this to check if the seats booked still were there, otherwise, try to book what is available when on-line check in opens.

I did that for myself last time I flew Virgin I didn't know that had stopped.

Whilst I didn't think of the pre allocated seats being full, - Thats a good explanation, I was trying to be helpful, Virgin do change flights and planes due to operational issues, if its a combined flight, or a different configurations

Virgin hasn't stopped online check-in - it is available, as usual, 24 hours before a passenger is due to depart. :confused3

This query comes up very regularly on here - people stating that they are "having a heart-attack" or "the world is ending" because Virgin has taken away their pre-reserved seats. When this isn't the case: it is actually that the seat map has gone because the flight has already reached it's pre-allocation limits - if they looked at the seat allocation (under "passenger details") this would be avoided.

I suggested, a few months ago, that a "sticky" on this subject may prevent another poster here "having a heart attack" - every week or two - when this exact same thing happens :goodvibes

Alice

Sorry, I didn't know that Virgin had stopped 'on-line check in' I suggested this to check if the seats booked still were there, otherwise, try to book what is available when on-line check in opens.

I did that for myself last time I flew Virgin I didn't know that had stopped.

Whilst I didn't think of the pre allocated seats being full, - Thats a good explanation, I was trying to be helpful, Virgin do change flights and planes due to operational issues, if its a combined flight, or a different configurations

Virgin hasn't stopped online check-in - it is available, as usual, 24 hours before a passenger is due to depart. :confused3

This query comes up very regularly on here - people stating that they are "having a heart-attack" or "the world is ending" because Virgin has taken away their pre-reserved seats. When this isn't the case: it is actually that the seat map has gone because the flight has already reached it's pre-allocation limits - if they looked at the seat allocation (under "passenger details") this would be avoided.

I suggested, a few months ago, that a "sticky" on this subject may prevent another poster here "having a heart attack" - every week or two - when this exact same thing happens :goodvibes

Alice

Sorry I did try to use the search facility using a number of different combinations of words for the question I had, but came up with nothing. The great thing about these boards is that you can have those worries answered by friendly and helpful people and I thank all those who've posted for their helpful and reassuring comments :)

No, certain things - like this issue - can be hard to find by using search (and the DIS search isn't the best, to be completely honest... :sad2: ). That is why a sticky would be helpful...

This particular issue comes up a lot and seems to cause a lot of grief to people... would be partly useful to have a sticky on it...

Alice

Sorry I did try to use the search facility using a number of different combinations of words for the question I had, but came up with nothing. The great thing about these boards is that you can have those worries answered by friendly and helpful people and I thank all those who've posted for their helpful and reassuring comments :)

Phew :) Just had major panic attack there! It makes sense they would take down the seat map if all seats have been allocated. Just got hope now that no-one wants our seats on the day - I'm definitely leaning towards online check in to guarantee this. Although we've never had problems with this in the past.
Thanks

Hilary, we're flying out on 19th Nov from Manchester (VS 75). Glad someone else's says that too - maybe it's a busy week :upsidedow

I just had a look and indeed, the Economy and Pe are full, there are plenty of UC seats available however :goodvibes

All pre 24 check in seats in economy are full, the 40% held back have also been released, this means that 24 hours before the flight the exra rows 21-28 will be released for grabbing (but only if not filled with Special service passengers) and the exit seats will be available from Twilight onwards, but yes its full.

I just had a look and indeed, the Economy and Pe are full, there are plenty of UC seats available however :goodvibes

All pre 24 check in seats in economy are full, the 40% held back have also been released, this means that 24 hours before the flight the exra rows 21-28 will be released for grabbing (but only if not filled with Special service passengers) and the exit seats will be available from Twilight onwards, but yes its full.

Thanks Obi :) Would love to book some UC seats but unfortunately may have to sleep on DTD bench while we're there to be able to afford it :rotfl:
Lets just hope the entertainment systems are working, as if it's full there's going to be no chance of swapping seats :sad1:
We're definitely going to try online check-in this year to guarantee our seat choices - perhaps we'll be lucky and get some in the elusive front rows pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter