Flight price for August

Tash87

DIS Veteran
What is the average cost people pay for flights in August?

We've never been in august before and not sure what a "good" price would be?

Currently with Virgin its roughly £2700 for 2 adults and 2 children return.

I'd highly recommend looking at Aer Lingus. We go in September from GLA>DUB>MCO and we're only going to be £475 return each.

the later in august you can travel the prices start to drop pretty quickly. if its a school issue if you have a inset day the first day back and can over lap slightly in to september then u can see huge savings. We are happy with indirect and with lots of checking i can usually find something for my budget of £500p.p .

I'd highly recommend looking at Aer Lingus. We go in September from GLA>DUB>MCO and we're only going to be £475 return each.
I like the sound of aer lingus and the immigration system on this side but we live down south and with 2 little ones in tow, I think that may be too much travelling.

the later in august you can travel the prices start to drop pretty quickly. if its a school issue if you have a inset day the first day back and can over lap slightly in to september then u can see huge savings. We are happy with indirect and with lots of checking i can usually find something for my budget of £500p.p .
It is a school thing :mad:

My daughter starts secondary school this year so I really dont want any time off and they use their inset days randomly throughout the year, whereas her current school tags them onto a half term.

They have an inset day at the beginning of September so I'm looking at the last 2 weeks in August overlapping Sept.

I'm hoping to get the flights for £500 each

Do you know what July prices are like?

That price sounds really cheap. I’ve never seen London direct flights for less than about £4800 any year in the last 6.

ive booked Lufthansa via Frankfurt for 4 late Aug this year for £3k for 4.

I’ve just looked and your search is right, they really are available at that sort of price. Now I’m really jealous, but hey I could not have left it this late to book.

snap it up quick

It is a school thing :mad:

My daughter starts secondary school this year so I really dont want any time off and they use their inset days randomly throughout the year, whereas her current school tags them onto a half term.

They have an inset day at the beginning of September so I'm looking at the last 2 weeks in August overlapping Sept.

I'm hoping to get the flights for £500 each

Do you know what July prices are like?

Our school holiday is a good one this year as they are not due back until 7th September !! I have always found that leaving in July ( after school holiday starts ) to be really high. Where are you based ? There can be some bargains in the second half of August from scottish airports as they break up earlier and return to school much earlier than our english schools

I’ve just looked and your search is right, they really are available at that sort of price. Now I’m really jealous, but hey I could not have left it this late to book.

snap it up quick

If we are going in the August i will usually book my flights in the September sales the year before

Just looked at Lufthansa and via a Frankfurt as we are going is now under £2k. These price drops have got to be to do with Coronovirus. Either they’ve looked forward and manually reduced the price or bookings dropped off cliff for last month or so and their computer algorithm has auto reduced them. These prices are pretty much as cheap as any time of year.

Just looked at Lufthansa and via a Frankfurt as we are going is now under £2k. These price drops have got to be to do with Coronovirus. Either they’ve looked forward and manually reduced the price or bookings dropped off cliff for last month or so and their computer algorithm has auto reduced them. These prices are pretty much as cheap as any time of year.
That's interesting ( annoying for you!)

We are planning for next year so unfortunately we can't take advantage of this situation :mad:

That's good to know, thank you :)

I dont think it is anything to do with corona virus i have consistently found prices at this amount for that time of year , as long as you are departure after 20th August .

On the 8th jan this year i found a booked a holiday for my friend with direct virgin flights to stay in cabana bay for 14 nights travelling on 22rd aug £2974 for 2 adults 1 child . endless summer resort would have been £2574

she had originally got her own quote to travel on the 19th and it was £3998.46 so those few days make a huge difference

on 4th nov last year i booked my sister direct virgin flights £525p.p 23 aug -6th sept from manchester in the virgin sale including bags

I work at home so always the designated holiday stalker for all my friends and family , i have just pulled all the prices off booking screenshots :)

our first day back at school this year is the 7th /8th depending on year group so been great for bargains

That's interesting ( annoying for you!)

We are planning for next year so unfortunately we can't take advantage of this situation :mad:

We are looking to go next year too in august so i will post any bargains i find. Hoping i get a super bargain as we have quite a few airmiles to use up this time

I dont think it is anything to do with corona virus i have consistently found prices at this amount for that time of year , as long as you are departure after 20th August .

On the 8th jan this year i found a booked a holiday for my friend with direct virgin flights to stay in cabana bay for 14 nights travelling on 22rd aug £2974 for 2 adults 1 child . endless summer resort would have been £2574

she had originally got her own quote to travel on the 19th and it was £3998.46 so those few days make a huge difference

on 4th nov last year i booked my sister direct virgin flights £525p.p 23 aug -6th sept from manchester in the virgin sale including bags

I work at home so always the designated holiday stalker for all my friends and family , i have just pulled all the prices off booking screenshots :)

our first day back at school this year is the 7th /8th depending on year group so been great for bargains
I’m not talking about the 20th as for a 2 week holiday that is not considered a school holiday. I’ve been looking at out 13th Aug back 30th, plus always London. For outside of school holidays such as your dates then yes these prices can be found.

We are looking to go next year too in august so i will post any bargains i find. Hoping i get a super bargain as we have quite a few airmiles to use up this time
Oh, yes please. That would be great.

Does the weather ( rain mainly ) effect you in August?

Also are the last few weeks in August quieter?

British airways is currently £2186 (add 320 for luggage) for 2a&2c for 16-30/8......1 stop, flight times not that good on the way
I normally pay about 2k for 4 people always in school holidays. I’ve paid as little as £1.3k and once £2.8k. BA do good fly drive deals as well

Oh, yes please. That would be great.

Does the weather ( rain mainly ) effect you in August?

Also are the last few weeks in August quieter?
Most years the Floridian schools go back about 2 weeks into Aug. Many will tell you that makes little difference as plenty of other states still on holiday. But when I went in 14 it seemed quieter after the first 4 days after they’d gone back.

we were very lucky with rain, only had any about 3 times. You should expect it to rain every afternoon, possibly very heavy for a while. Then clears up and you’d hardly have known it had rained

We went end of July and the crowds were insane, now we go 16/8 onwards and it is like a different world, much less stressful......another bonus is that Epcot Food and Wine has started about 29th Aug, so you can get a couple of days of that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter