Florida begins reopening the state on Monday May 4th, when Disney?

Are we sure WDW is stopping June? Or just Disneyland? I know that DVC has not as I just upgraded my room at VGF today.

We dont know yet. This is running wild on the main DIS boards. It seems like Disney world hotels are no long showing up for reservations in June. A letter to travel agents leaked out saying NO NEW bookings until July 1

ALL DVC still do show up for June

My first thought was maybe this will be Disneys way of limiting capacity. Whomever booked already will allowed in but no new reservations

On a positive note, existing June cash bookings have not been canceled. It’s just that no new bookings are being allowed for the month of June. That would make sense if the goal is to limit resort occupancy in the first phase of reopening. And it would be especially true if park admission will be limited to onsite guests and (maybe) AP holders during that phase.

On a positive note, existing June cash bookings have not been canceled. It’s just that no new bookings are being allowed for the month of June. That would make sense if the goal is to limit resort occupancy in the first phase of reopening. And it would be especially true if park admission will be limited to onsite guests and (maybe) AP holders during that phase.
If it follows the pattern up until now, they will simply cancel week by week on a rolling basis.

If it follows the pattern up until now, they will simply cancel week by week on a rolling basis.
DVC has been canceling on a rolling week by week basis. Cash reservations have been canceled with much more lead time.

DVC has been canceling on a rolling week by week basis. Cash reservations have been canceled with much more lead time.
You are absolutely correct, but the cash reservations have also been on a rolling weekly basis. I believe that this week they should start cancelling off the first week of June on the cash side.

Yup. That would give DVC the ability to keep emergency powers it has in play, But, I am not yet convinced that we will see all June gone,,,,,or it’s just my denial because I need to get away...we had SNOW this morning! LOL

I am still holding out hope to for my trip in the middle of june

By the way: the weather has been perfect down here in FL. We are waiting for your arrival........

Disney Springs starts a phased reopen on May 20 with third party businesses only. No word on resorts or parks. But I would think if they do this, DVC resorts will have to reopen within a month or face some legal issues.
What legal issues? I havent read my contracts in a while, what would force them to open?

They have to open when it is safe to do so for health and safety of members and employees, so if Disney is saying it’s okay for third-party business to open (on Disney property) and customers to visit in DS with appropriate precautions, it should be okay for DVC (on Disney property) to open not long after with appropriate precautions. Just like the businesses have a right to use their contractually agreed upon space in DS, members have a right to their contractually agreed upon interest in DVC. I’m sure someone will point out how my logic is flawed, but that’s how I see it.

They have to open when it is safe to do so for health and safety of members and employees, so if Disney is saying it’s okay for third-party business to open (on Disney property) and customers to visit in DS with appropriate precautions, it should be okay for DVC (on Disney property) to open not long after with appropriate precautions. Just like the businesses have a right to use their contractually agreed upon space in DS, members have a right to their contractually agreed upon interest in DVC. I’m sure someone will point out how my logic is flawed, but that’s how I see it.

I do agree also.

Here in Palm Beach some of the big resorts on the beach are opening next week. Will be a limited capacity but they are staffed and ready to go.

Somehow though I have a feeling that DVC will drag their feet with this one. Not a good look when most resorts in Florida will be open and operating and DVC is stalling a month or more later.

Disney Springs is an open air shopping mall. DVC resorts are not an equivalent business entity.

We dont know yet. This is running wild on the main DIS boards. It seems like Disney world hotels are no long showing up for reservations in June. A letter to travel agents leaked out saying NO NEW bookings until July 1

ALL DVC still do show up for June

My first thought was maybe this will be Disneys way of limiting capacity. Whomever booked already will allowed in but no new reservations

The latest rumor is that because they need to limit resort and park capacity, this is part of that strategy. The parks will be restricted to onsite guests only for a time, possibly until the end of June. They don’t want a mad dash to book the resorts if/when they announce a June reopening date. Basically, if you already had a ressie, you’ll probably be good to go for the parks. If you didn’t, sorry. You can’t go in June. No word on how they’ll treat offsite AP holders.

It makes sense. Imagine if you booked an onsite hotel and were told that you can’t go to the parks due to capacity limitations. People will still cancel hotel reservations between now and whatever day they open. They’ll leave those rooms empty to help control numbers. It’s actually a smart strategy if this is indeed the strategy.

The latest rumor is that because they need to limit resort and park capacity, this is part of that strategy. The parks will be restricted to onsite guests only for a time, possibly until the end of June. They don’t want a mad dash to book the resorts if/when they announce a June reopening date. Basically, if you already had a ressie, you’ll probably be good to go for the parks. If you didn’t, sorry. You can’t go in June. No word on how they’ll treat offsite AP holders.

It makes sense. Imagine if you booked an onsite hotel and were told that you can’t go to the parks due to capacity limitations. People will still cancel hotel reservations between now and whatever day they open. They’ll leave those rooms empty to help control numbers. It’s actually a smart strategy if this is indeed the strategy.
As someone with a June reservation, I applaud your optimism and I choose to believe this rumor until my Fast Passes evaporate from MDE for the second time in three months 😬😎

Disney Springs is an open air shopping mall. DVC resorts are not an equivalent business entity.

DVC is an whole different ball game with a whole different set of its laws and rules.

DVC has contracts they must adhere to that members have signed. That is basically what we are talking about when we say DVC needs to open as soon as possible.

The only piece is will add is that the property management agreement is with Disney who has control of the operations of the resorts,

From what I was told, this contract, along with the emergency powers in our POS, play a role in when DVC resorts can be safely opened,

So, we shall see about DVC resorts come June. Safely reopening in a reasonable timeframe is the wording and so if task force and governors orders have really just come out in the past 10 days, getting resorts up and running, and ready for occupancy is not going to be done quickly. I think if they are open by July 1st, given the state of emergency that just was extended, it will be hard to argue from a legal standpoint that was not reasonable given closed up resorts,

But, I am still thinking we will see openings in June. The availability on the DVC website seems to have increased in the past few days and I don’t think it’s from members...maybe the cash rooms were put back when WDW stopped taking new reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter