Florida begins reopening the state on Monday May 4th, when Disney?

The only piece is will add is that the property management agreement is with Disney who has control of the operations of the resorts,

From what I was told, this contract, along with the emergency powers in our POS, play a role in when DVC resorts can be safely opened,

So, we shall see about DVC resorts come June. Safely reopening in a reasonable timeframe is the wording and so if task force and governors orders have really just come out in the past 10 days, getting resorts up and running, and ready for occupancy is not going to be done quickly. I think if they are open by July 1st, given the state of emergency that just was extended, it will be hard to argue from a legal standpoint that was not reasonable given closed up resorts,

But, I am still thinking we will see openings in June. The availability on the DVC website seems to have increased in the past few days and I don’t think it’s from members...maybe the cash rooms were put back when WDW stopped taking new reservations.

I was watching June 29-30 to possibly switch rooms, and the availability was much better over the last couple of days. These were rooms at different resorts that hadn’t been available for months, and then they were all available all of a sudden. I definitely agree that something happened “behind the scenes” to make this possible. I honestly hadn’t thought about the “why they were available” until your post. I bet you’re right. They removed them from the CRO which made them available to DVC members.

DVC is an whole different ball game with a whole different set of its laws and rules.

DVC has contracts they must adhere to that members have signed. That is basically what we are talking about when we say DVC needs to open as soon as possible.

Certainly. But I think pointing to DS opening as proof of ability to open is a false comparison for viability and legality, as they operate with completely different legal permitting, zoning and rules.

Certainly. But I think pointing to DS opening as proof of ability to open is a false comparison for viability and legality, as they operate with completely different legal permitting, zoning and rules.
Again, I think that I would expect DVC to open Vero Beach and Hilton Head first. Those would be easier to manage and also would not have the expectation of a park.

Again, I think that I would expect DVC to open Vero Beach and Hilton Head first. Those would be easier to manage and also would not have the expectation of a park.
That’s an interesting thought. I wonder if they could keeping in mind legal issues that have been mentioned here (real estate and timeshare law not my area of practice so while I’ve followed along it’s cursory) of them opening some DVC’s and not others. Did they all close at the same time?
We have Saratoga in June and really just care about the resort being opened. We will still be there if so. Right now there are a couple of nights at Vero I could grab as a back up but didn’t want to have to deal with two DVC backups and one offsite (if I can figure one out). But if there was a significant chance they’d be open I would.

That’s an interesting thought. I wonder if they could keeping in mind legal issues that have been mentioned here (real estate and timeshare law not my area of practice so while I’ve followed along it’s cursory) of them opening some DVC’s and not others. Did they all close at the same time?
We have Saratoga in June and really just care about the resort being opened. We will still be there if so. Right now there are a couple of nights at Vero I could grab as a back up but didn’t want to have to deal with two DVC backups and one offsite (if I can figure one out). But if there was a significant chance they’d be open I would.

Since HH is in a different state, I think they could open that before others, Vero a Beach is in a different county which may have different local orders as well, so I could see them being able to justify that too,

The key, though, I think at this point is that Disney controls operations of the resorts, so whatever openings DVCM decides have to be approved in conjunction with them.

Since HH is in a different state, I think they could open that before others, Vero a Beach is in a different county which may have different local orders as well, so I could see them being able to justify that too,

The key, though, I think at this point is that Disney controls operations of the resorts, so whatever openings DVCM decides have to be approved in conjunction with them.

Hopefully, it happens here at HHI soon. Our whole state is back open and so are the beaches. You can also dine indoors again with certain preventive measures in place. Will I be one who volunteer as tribute? Absolutely not.

I’m not comfortable eating in public without knowing the status of the ones preparing my food. The beauty of it is that we are all adults and can make an informed consent for what we feel is best for ourselves and our family. Whatever they decide, I hope they put out something soon. We should be made aware of all the different options available for our resorts under the management team of DVCM. (In my opinion)

Last edited:

I’m really hoping they do this, we go to Vero every year. We have formed personal relationships with CM’s there and I would love to go see some of them and be a support to the local economy. My family and I have been very fortunate during this time with minimal job interruptions, and I would love nothing more than to be able to help by supporting a place we deeply miss.

Love to see Vero reopen. Zero justification to keep it closed given current situation here on the space coast. Obviously plenty of folks have been convinced we are all gonna die (which is in fact true), but there’s zero evidence any of this is necessary or effective in central Florida.

Yup. I’m on the Treasure Coast, and have been visiting my favorite establishments for a couple of weeks now.... all except the Vero Resort.

Love to see Vero reopen. Zero justification to keep it closed given current situation here on the space coast. Obviously plenty of folks have been convinced we are all gonna die (which is in fact true), but there’s zero evidence any of this is necessary or effective in central Florida.

Potentially you should have more concern about the out of state travelers incoming.

Anyone have any updates that are on the treasure coast about if Vero or HHI are going to open sooner than later? I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why these two resorts have not opened yet. The only reason I can think of is union contracts🤷. Are the employees in the same union as Orlando employees?

Anyone have any updates that are on the treasure coast about if Vero or HHI are going to open sooner than later? I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why these two resorts have not opened yet. The only reason I can think of is union contracts🤷. Are the employees in the same union as Orlando employees?
Same union.

Thanks for the reply. I think, for me, that confirms my suspicions on why Vero and HHI aren’t open yet

Disney has the property management contracts for all the DVC resorts and so this played a role in the closings. I am assuming that now that they have come to an agreement with the unions on safety, we are one step closer to resorts opening!

Disney has the property management contracts for all the DVC resorts and so this played a role in the closings. I am assuming that now that they have come to an agreement with the unions on safety, we are one step closer to resorts opening!

I am so hopeful for Vero (obviously as I have a reservation in August) and HHI opening sooner rather than later. I just keep checking around to see if anyone has heard anything!

I am so hopeful for Vero (obviously as I have a reservation in August) and HHI opening sooner rather than later. I just keep checking around to see if anyone has heard anything!

Since Vero is in FL, and the governor gave them approval to submit plans with approval from local authorities, i am hopeful we will hear something this week!

Since Vero is in FL, and the governor gave them approval to submit plans with approval from local authorities, i am hopeful we will hear something this week!
Would vero need to submit a plan for approval? It's a hotel and the governor never locks down hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!