flying fish

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
for those solo experts how is flying fish for a solo traveler. want to find some good restaurants where tables are not on top of each other.

for those solo experts how is flying fish for a solo traveler. want to find some good restaurants where tables are not on top of each other.

I have done this. I did the Chefs table, was really nice, good food and great pairings and lots of attention.

This was the first place I ever ate at solo! Ate there 8/2017.

It was okay -- they asked if I wanted to sit at the bar or a table. I chose a table. I was surrounded by couples/groups/families and I got some pity looks. However, to your point, the tables weren't on top of each other. The server was nice and we chatted a bit, so that was positive. Plus, I had beer, some of the best scallops ever and all of the bread to myself.

imo the tables are just nicer than the counter -- I'd go there alone again.

Since the renovation I think it would be great! Tables aren’t on top of one another.

I spent my 65th birthday eating at the bar at the old Flying Fish and it was the best birthday ever... so we ate there last May and I was disappointed with the new look... that's just me. For dining solo I like the bar area tables at Shula's. They are high and you can see the comings and goings in the restaurant and bar and as always, everyone who serves you and whom you meet is always friendly.

get a table by the grilles in the kitchen... both times I've been there the cooks chatted the whole time, I got some cooking tips, and had a great time.
I did this once solo and once with a group. Get the Chilean Sea Bass.... I grew up on the coast, and this was the best piece of fish I have ever eaten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!